Parenthood: Renewed for Sixth and Final Season

Parenthood renewed, endingThings were a little touch and go for awhile but NBC has now renewed Parenthood for a sixth season. It will be the last season and the cast and crew will have 13 episodes to say goodbye.

Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

The series has never been a ratings hit for NBC but it has remained a pretty consistent performer with a devoted fanbase. This season, the ratings took a pretty dramatic downturn, dropping 20-30% compared to the fourth season. Shows like Revolution, Growing Up Fisher, and Believe all had better ratings but they were cancelled.

The network wanted to cut costs so they could bring the large ensemble series back for a final season but members of the cast reportedly didn’t want to agree to a smaller-than-usual episode guarantee. A compromise was eventually made.

We should have a better idea this week when season six will begin airing.

What do you think? Are you glad that Parenthood has been renewed for a final season? Would you like to see a seventh season or do you think this is the right time to end it?

Jim July 30, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I am very happy that PARENTHOOD has been renewed. It is a terrific hour of television. It has the same family structureas FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHT- another gem.

Pam July 28, 2014 at 6:01 pm

A total disapointment to hear the end is coming.
Can there be a change in this foolish decision?
Do not make this mistake, this show is an intellectual addition to any evening of TV viewing.
I look forward to parenthood night. Can only say this about one other show.
Midwest winters needs parenthood.

Anonymous July 26, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I love this show! It’s the greatest show on a non cable television that no one is watching! I would love to see it continue for years!

Adrienne July 25, 2014 at 1:35 am

Really hoping they will continue this show! Haven’t missed a single episode. My heart will be broken :(

Marianne July 25, 2014 at 12:06 am

As I know all shows come to an end, I LOVE this show!!! It’s the one show that makes me feel “comfortable”! When I come home from a crazy day at work, I enjoy being with family! Please re consider cancelling this show!

Sweetness34 July 24, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I love love this show do NOT think it is time to end please reconsider this show hits home in my heart every episode!!! Please save this show!!!

hortense may July 24, 2014 at 3:17 pm

love that show

Kevin July 19, 2014 at 5:23 am

OK Parenthood fans we ALL need to ban together to save the show!! Everyone and I mean everyone needs to follow through and bury NBC with snail mail!! I need your help I am trying to gain some steam on a campaign idea I have, to try and save “Parenthoood”. We need more quality shows like this on TV versus reality shows and the other garbage they throw at us. Here is my idea, either by the way of computer flyer or just a personal family photo. Simply on the photo or a computer generated family photo on a single page of paper write- for example-Our family “The Smiths(your family name)” want NBC to save “Parenthood”!! Myself personally I will ban NBC from my viewing if they cancel “Parenthood”. PLEASE help the campaign and copy and paste where fans of the show can see. Send campaign flyer or photo to: NBC; 30 Rockefeller Center; New York, NY 10112. Also write somewhere on your envelope ” Save Parenthood” campaign!! Parenthood fans lets unite!!

Gayle July 15, 2014 at 9:43 am

I am thrilled it is going to have another season, but am really unhappy that NBC would wven consider canceling one of the best shows EVER on tv. Parenthood, Blue Bloods, Army Wives are or were three of the best. AW is gone. Now, Parenthood? What’s wrong? Look at reviews. Look at following in media sites. Please reconsider.

Judy Walker July 14, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Please reconsider cancelling this show. Finally a true to life show, that I am sure has hit how with so many viewers!! I personally can’t stand reality tv and would hate to be left with no other option but reality TV. Every episode of Parenthood has tears laughter and any other emotion rolled into it!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!