Parenthood: Renewed for Sixth and Final Season

Parenthood renewed, endingThings were a little touch and go for awhile but NBC has now renewed Parenthood for a sixth season. It will be the last season and the cast and crew will have 13 episodes to say goodbye.

Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

The series has never been a ratings hit for NBC but it has remained a pretty consistent performer with a devoted fanbase. This season, the ratings took a pretty dramatic downturn, dropping 20-30% compared to the fourth season. Shows like Revolution, Growing Up Fisher, and Believe all had better ratings but they were cancelled.

The network wanted to cut costs so they could bring the large ensemble series back for a final season but members of the cast reportedly didn’t want to agree to a smaller-than-usual episode guarantee. A compromise was eventually made.

We should have a better idea this week when season six will begin airing.

What do you think? Are you glad that Parenthood has been renewed for a final season? Would you like to see a seventh season or do you think this is the right time to end it?

Cams January 31, 2015 at 11:36 am

This show was great! It was a “FAMILY” show. Networks continue to promote sex, violence and mind numbing “comedy” and then we wonder why this country is the way it is. There are very few shows I watch on major network television, this was one of them.

Way to go NBC; said no one!

Donna January 31, 2015 at 11:23 am

So sad to see this show end. It dealt with real life issues and good times as well that we all could relate to. Just finished watching the finale. Good actors, good writing, good job Parenthood! You’ll be missed.

Donna January 31, 2015 at 11:20 am

Very sad to see this show end. The show dealt with real family issues that people could relate to. Just watched the finale. Good actors, good writing, good job Parenthood!

Tamara Greene January 31, 2015 at 4:33 am

Very very sad that I just watched the finale of my favorite show. There is so much more that the characters can gr own on, or into, and America wants to see it. I have seen so many other shows, many that aren’t as alive as this, and yet they have been on the air for many more years. Just heartbroken.

isa Goenaga January 31, 2015 at 1:05 am

Why did Parenthood have to end!! ?? It was a show that my family and I enjoyed so very much. The many complex issues, social and personal that were played out and the unbreakable family bond made for a show that touched your heart. We can all relate to the Braverman’s colorful characters- we are Sarah, or Adam, or Max -every family can claim ownership to the characters of this family. A beautiful slice of life. We want more of. NBC why did you take this wonderful show away!! I will be buying the series to rewatch it.

katie January 31, 2015 at 1:02 am

just watched the last episode. I’m really going to miss this family! I looked forward to watching it every week with my husband. Wattching something that was human not BS and made you rethink things. Definately better than a reality show! Cried my eyes out……. Such a shame…

Jen January 31, 2015 at 12:51 am

I’m so disappointed that it ended!! It amazes me how so many reality and trashy shows manage to stay on but a feel good, family focused show gets cancelled… It has the same quality and made me think of the shows I grew up on like Cosby show, growing pains, etc.

Kerry January 31, 2015 at 12:40 am

It’s really too bad that NBC cancelled Parenthood. I have watched it since season one and can’t think of one episode that I missed. I was so nice to watch a show that was not like so many others these days, revolving around violence or creepy fiction. I will not be watching much on NBC any longer. I really hope there is backlash for the network to really reconsider bringing back this show so many people can relate to and have grown to love.

Anonymous January 30, 2015 at 11:46 pm

Very sad and disappointed such a great show has ended!!!

Anonymous January 30, 2015 at 10:54 pm

This was the best show on Tv why did you take it off the air

Anonymous January 30, 2015 at 10:50 pm

I’m done with NBC. They cancelled the best show
on television. Shame on them.

Anonymous January 30, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Have to say I’m so disappointed:(
Favorite show in YEARS!
Reminds me of the great shows of the 80s!!
Sorry for it to be done!

Mik January 30, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I’m so disappointed there isn’t going to be a seventh season! My sister turned me onto this sho, I’ve been hooked ever since! I’m not really a tv person, so me having a ‘show’ is pretty big. I love how real thus show is, it goes through the tough times and the good times. No matter what, they will always work it out and love one another. I want to know how the lives go on, I want to see Ambers baby grow up, how she met her new man, I could go on, but I think you get it! So very sad!

Nee-Nee January 30, 2015 at 8:11 pm

I am SO sad to see this show end. I will miss it a lot. Family drama with a laugh. No fighting, murder or sex!!! I loved it!!! I wish the finale would have been longer also. Big mistake ending this show!!:(

SoSoDef January 30, 2015 at 7:50 pm

J’aime le film beaucoup! S’il te plait revenu:)