Parenthood: Renewed for Sixth and Final Season

Parenthood renewed, endingThings were a little touch and go for awhile but NBC has now renewed Parenthood for a sixth season. It will be the last season and the cast and crew will have 13 episodes to say goodbye.

Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

The series has never been a ratings hit for NBC but it has remained a pretty consistent performer with a devoted fanbase. This season, the ratings took a pretty dramatic downturn, dropping 20-30% compared to the fourth season. Shows like Revolution, Growing Up Fisher, and Believe all had better ratings but they were cancelled.

The network wanted to cut costs so they could bring the large ensemble series back for a final season but members of the cast reportedly didn’t want to agree to a smaller-than-usual episode guarantee. A compromise was eventually made.

We should have a better idea this week when season six will begin airing.

What do you think? Are you glad that Parenthood has been renewed for a final season? Would you like to see a seventh season or do you think this is the right time to end it?

Lisa Gonzalez November 21, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Everytime I watch this show I have a lump in my throat. This is the most realistic show ever written. Clearly it has to do with Ron Howard. The acting is outstanding. You can see it in every character played. I am actually shocked that NBC would even entertain the thought of canceling this show. It’s really sad when everything in this world comes down to the almighty dollar. How in the world a network such as NBC, can’t see what they are giving up makes me really question the executives that make these decisions. Really really sad/ upset to see such a wonderful program being cancelled.

Jane November 21, 2014 at 5:14 pm

It is the best T.V. show!! It is real life. All the actors are excellent!!!! It is the only show like this. I look forward to it every week. It is so real, we can all relate to these life situations. Please give it another year, there are so many more things the writers could do wlith this show. I LOVE this show so much, they are like family to me.

bev jeffrey November 21, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Please renew this wonderful show. It is soooo well written and there are so few shows on tv that i can say that about. My husband is a writer, and it is one of the few shows he feels is worth watching

Nancy Patience November 21, 2014 at 3:22 pm

This is the best show on TV. I am tired of zombies, vampires and stupid people clogging up the airwaves. A true Reality show is found in Parenthood. Amazing writing, true to life story lines, amazing actors, superb directing, editing and music. We live in a world full of violence and unspeakable events. A show like Parenthood gives hope that what is really important can be discussed in a classy and moral way. In a time when we can always have more hope and beauty, TV execs stop with the crime scene dramas and all the sick twisted things we as humans can do to each other. Celebrate love, family and effective way to resolve problems that really matter…….. watch Parenthood! Craig T Nelson you rock!

shelby November 21, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I really enjoy parenthood and am sad to hear
It’s their last season. I had no idea the ratings
We’re low. I gave always enjoyed the show. I wish there was a way yo save the shie. Maybe a different day or time slot.

Lisa November 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!!! There are hardly any family shows left that any age can watch together. This show is great and refreshing. It deals with real life situations which many of us can relate to. If this time slot doesn’t work for you, try changing it, but many of my friends and family watch it every week.

Mary November 20, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I cannot believe you are going to cancel one of the best seies on TV. I am so sick of reality TV programs. I barely watch anymore TV as it is so rediculous. The series addresses many of the problems that families today face. Please Please dont stop this series I beg you. I even bought the DVD’s so I could watch the episodes over again.

There are enough, police, detective,violent, absurd reality shows now. Can’t you leave one show that demonstrates how familes deal with the real problems of today in a loving descent way. No more Honey BB, Wild man, naked survivor, Please just reconsider.

Michelle November 20, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I am so upset they are cancelling Parenthood. It is such a good family show that is not a reality, or stupid show. It sends good messages to people who watch it, and educational decisions. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous November 20, 2014 at 1:04 pm

best show on tv why don’t they find a better time slot? is there any way to save it?

Lori November 18, 2014 at 11:34 pm

I absolutely LOVE this show. It is one of the only shows I truly cannot wait to watch. I was devastated when I heard that it was cancelled. I think this is one of the most down to earth and realistic shows on television right now. So sad we won’t get to see Amber’s baby grow up. There are just so many thing left undone.

Nancy Patience November 21, 2014 at 3:24 pm

YES. Let’s keep this show until Amber’s baby is at least 20 and having a child of it’s own. I love this show and am thrilled to know others out there do too!