Parenthood: Renewed for Sixth and Final Season

Parenthood renewed, endingThings were a little touch and go for awhile but NBC has now renewed Parenthood for a sixth season. It will be the last season and the cast and crew will have 13 episodes to say goodbye.

Parenthood revolves around the lives of the extended Braverman family in Northern California. The ensemble cast includes Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Tyree Brown, Joy Bryant, Max Burkholder, Erika Christensen, Miles Heizer, Sam Jaeger, Monica Potter, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Mae Whitman, with Bonnie Bedelia and Craig T. Nelson.

The series has never been a ratings hit for NBC but it has remained a pretty consistent performer with a devoted fanbase. This season, the ratings took a pretty dramatic downturn, dropping 20-30% compared to the fourth season. Shows like Revolution, Growing Up Fisher, and Believe all had better ratings but they were cancelled.

The network wanted to cut costs so they could bring the large ensemble series back for a final season but members of the cast reportedly didn’t want to agree to a smaller-than-usual episode guarantee. A compromise was eventually made.

We should have a better idea this week when season six will begin airing.

What do you think? Are you glad that Parenthood has been renewed for a final season? Would you like to see a seventh season or do you think this is the right time to end it?

Anonymous March 3, 2015 at 9:01 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show ! One of the best! Really wish they would come back for a seventh season!

Anonymous March 17, 2015 at 2:34 pm

I agree. Just watched five on netflix and lived it. Would watch onlive tv when i could and dvr other times!!

Anonymous February 16, 2015 at 12:25 am

This was one of the few shows with purity. Although they touched on some provocative subjects, they did it with class and showed people what it looks like in families who communicate and truly love one another…each person has everyone else’s best interest in mind. I will truly miss this show. It had awesome writers and actors, and was a total family show. Not to many of those anymore. I’m so sad it’s over.

Anonymous February 22, 2015 at 7:38 pm

I totally agree. I have never been a regular TV watcher, but this series captivated me and I am so sad to see it go. Watching the show actually helped me to communicate better with my own family. All of the actors are amazing. Amber is my favorite, followed by Kristina and then Adam. Love Em all though! !

Paulie February 15, 2015 at 9:33 pm

I watched the series over a two week period. It was the first time I had seen it. Before the Season 1 ep.3 My husband and I were hooked. It is one of the few shows that is soo close to real life. In some episodes I see my family and in others I see my marriage. Love it so glad there is going to be a 6th season. Hopefully a seventh as well.

Lori spooner February 15, 2015 at 9:22 am

Such ad good family show…not many of them left…sorry to see it go…was our favourite show

Beverly February 9, 2015 at 2:12 pm

I did not want it to end. My husband and I love this show.

Irene February 9, 2015 at 9:53 pm

This was one of the best shows on television. It was so real to life, no crime,violence, or sex.
A good clean family,loved the Braverman family. It just doesn’t make since to cancel such a good show.

Alison D'Alesandro February 8, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I am so sad to see this show end, there were still so many stories to be told.It was a series that I shared watching with my daughter and we always had a conversation afterwards. This is what family looks like in 2015, this is more reality than all the reality crap on TV. The Braverman family will be missed, hope there is a reunion!!

Amy Jones February 5, 2015 at 2:56 pm

I am SO SO sad this show is over. I LOVE it. I had it recording on my DVR & I don’t want to delete it. I’m really mad actually. It was a great show. I don’t understand why it had to end. I would so look forward to watching it. I just can’t believe it’s over. I hope the seasons return so I can watch the old episodes but it would be better to watch NEW ones

Anonymous February 4, 2015 at 6:19 pm

It probably got cancelled because it was an actual show that had a real life plot and showed real life. For some reason people want to see to people being killed, swearing, or sexuality in shows. Autism is a real life situation a lot of people could have learn more from the Bravermans on what it is like raising a child with special needs or Autism. Too many want people want to turn their heads and act as if it doesn’t really exsit, shame on them and shame on you NBC for taking a great show like Parenthood off the air.

Vivian February 4, 2015 at 8:22 am

We really enjoyed Parenthood and are very sorry it is cancelled. It is a wonderful show with no violence just normal family problems. We sure would like to see it renewed and we will definitely watch it so will our friends. We hope you reconsider renewing it. It is one of the very few shows we watch. Many of the other shows that were renewed are not half as good. Thanks

Shell February 4, 2015 at 12:38 am

I will miss this beautifully written, enjoyable, well acted show. A wonderful cast put a realistic face on a extended family with all it’s faults, and triumphs. The depiction of autism in its realism and the dilemma’s of the children and adult’s with many different points of view made this a worthwhile and satisfying hour every week for me. It is a shame money is worshipped over quality, as in this case.

Susan February 3, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Words can’t express how disappointed my entire family is about the cancellation of this wonderful family show. We also fell in love with the entire Braverman family There is no other show like this on TV that is realistic, down-to-earth, touches everyone is some way or another, and can be enjoyed by the entire family. I feel I have lost part of my own family with this cancellation . This was a show my husband and I watched together and cried and laughed at each episode. PLEASE bring this show back and cancel some of the other violent, sex related, reality shows instead! Tell us a way we can help to renew this HEARTWARMING show.

Marianne February 3, 2015 at 2:49 pm

It was a great show that rang true for both my husband and I in so many ways. We both came from big families, I have 7 sibs, he has 4, so we could definitely relate to the sibling relationships! As parents of 3 teenagers, we also found the show very authentically portrayed many of the challenges of raising children in today’s world.

We both looked forward to watching every week, and know we’ll miss them terribly. It was so nice to have a realistic family show, without all the violence, crime, sex, etc. that’s typical network fare.

Handayani February 3, 2015 at 3:24 am

I definitely have to watch season 7, this series make us love our family even more.

Pat February 2, 2015 at 11:43 pm

The finale of Parenthood was sad I am very sad the show ended I looked forward to this show every week. Parenthood was the best show on TV. Their are few family shows on TV that have no violence. I am so sad that this show was canceled.

Anonymous February 4, 2015 at 1:17 pm

I completely agree with you!! this show will surely be missed. It was a breathe of fresh air from all the other garbage on TV. ugh, so disappointed.