The first season of South Park debuted August 13, 1997. The 20th season premieres Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 10:00pm ET/PT. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of South Park. They executive produce with Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell, and Vernon Chatman produce.
Get the details from this Comedy Central press release.
COMEDY CENTRAL AND SOUTH PARK DIGITAL STUDIOS KICK-OFF THE ICONIC SERIES’ 20TH SEASON CELEBRATION AT COMIC-CON IN SAN DIEGO BEGINNING ON THURSDAY, JULY 21
- Larger Than Life Interactive Fan Experience Open from Thursday July 21 – Sunday, July 24, Located at Martin Luther King, Jr., Promenade Park (Across From the San Diego Convention Center)
- “South Park” Panel Set For Friday, July 22 at 5 PM in Hall H
NEW YORK, July 6, 2016 – South Park comes to life…at Comic-Con! Comedy Central and South Park Digital Studios will kick-off the global celebration of the Emmy® and Peabody®Award-winning series’ 20th season by bringing “South Park” to life in San Diego. The ultimate, interactive fan exhibition honoring the epic 20th season begins on Thursday, July 21 and runs through Sunday, July 24 at the Martin Luther King, Jr., Promenade Park, across from the Convention Center. A “South Park 20” panel moderated by “@midnight’s” Chris Hardwick will take place on Friday, July 22 at 5:00 p.m. in Hall H.
The centerpiece of the celebration, “South Park 20 Experience,” will allow fans to explore and insert themselves into 20 iconic and fan favorite scenes. Visitors can recharge their bodies, minds and devices at the Hulu Viewing Lounge, which will be screening episodes across all seasons of “South Park.” “The Coon & Friends Experience” from Ubisoft featuring real-world items from the highly-anticipated new video game, “South Park: The Fractured But Whole” will be open to explore. Twenty unique artists will honor “South Park’s” 20th season with new work that has been curated by world-renowned pop culture artist Ron English. Fans can also visit a retrospective gallery featuring original animation cells from the pilot episode of “South Park.” All this and much, much more will be available at the “South Park 20 Experience.”
On Friday, July 22 at 5:00 p.m. the Hall H “South Park 20” panel will be moderated by “@midnight’s” Chris Hardwick. Panelists will discuss the evolution of the series over the last two decades, take questions from fans and provide an exclusive sneak peek of “South Park: The Fractured But Whole,” the highly-anticipated next-gen video game from Ubisoft and follow-up to the wildly-popular and award-winning “South Park: The Stick of Truth” (2014).
The “South Park 20 Experience” (located at the Martin Luther King, Jr., Promenade Park, across the street from the San Diego Convention Center) is open on Thursday – Saturday from 9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Specific elements to include:
- 20 iconic, life-sized scenes built out in 2D/3D format allowing fans to jump into some of the most memorable moments in “South Park” history for a photo op to share on social with #SOUTHPARK20.
- “The Coon & Friends Experience” from Ubisoft celebrating the upcoming launch of the new video game, “South Park: The Fractured But Whole.” The space will include a viewing area for game content, a designated pre-order station and real world costumes and items from the Coon and Friends secret lair. Available on December 6 as a digital download and at retailers on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. For more info, please visit: southparkgame.com.
- A “South Park” GIF Booth where fans can take an animated GIF with various characters featured across the 19 seasons to print and take home and/or share across their social networks.
- Anyone dressed up as a “South Park” character will get to skip the line and go straight into the experience.
- Participate in fan testimonials and interviews with the chance to be included in an upcoming “South Park” fan mini-documentary premiering this fall.
Next door to the interactive experience, at The San Diego Wine & Culinary Center (200 Harbor Dr. #120, next door to the MLK Promenade Park and directly across from the Convention Center), the expanded 20th Season Celebration will include:
- A Hulu Viewing Lounge featuring the ultimate “South Park” marathon with episodes from all 19 seasons airing from Thursday – Sunday.
- The art gallery that celebrates the 20th season featuring 20 pieces from 20 unique artists curated by world-renowned pop culture artist Ron English.
Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997 and will premiere its 20thseason on September 14. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m ET/PT. Fans can follow all of the 20th season activities at SouthParkStudios.com. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.
The experience is being produced by Pop2Life, a NY based, award-winning experiential marketing agency that creates one-of-a-kind experiences.
Available on-air, online and on-the-go, Comedy Central (www.cc.com) is the #1 brand in comedy and is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA and VIAB).
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in 180 countries. Viacom’s media networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Spike, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Channel 5 (UK), Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick and Paramount Channel, reach over 3.5 billion cumulative television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following Viacom’s blog at blog.viacom.com and Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/viacom.
What do you think? Are you a fan of the South Park TV series? If you’re going to Comic-Con, will you attend the panel and check out the interactive fan experience?