Homeland: Season Three Ratings

Homeland season threeLast season, Homeland’s ratings were even better than the first year’s. Will they continue to grow in season three? Stay tuned to find out.

This season of Homeland takes place after a horrific terror attack that prompts a global manhunt for Nicholas Brody, the world’s most wanted terrorist. This season’s cast includes Claire Danes, Damian Lewis, Rupert Friend, Morena Baccarin, Jackson Pace, Morgan Saylor, Sarita Choudhury, Tracy Letts, F. Murray Abraham, and Mandy Patinkin.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — usually on Tuesdays.

Update: Homeland has been renewed for a fourth season.

Final season averages: 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.95 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Homeland averaged a 0.8 demo rating with 1.92 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Homeland TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for season four?

Kate Fredericks December 15, 2013 at 11:59 pm

So, we have lost Carter on Persons of Interest, Hershel on the Walking Dead and Now Brody on Homeland? I am so furious right now I am (almost) reduced to nothing to say! This will be my last season of Homeland, unless somehow Brody survived, but I doubt it. The story and chemistry between Carrie and Brody was one of the best I have seen in any TV show to date. To take it away is a huge risk on the part of the Homeland staff, and one that might come back to bite them next fall. As for me, I will put this show out of my mind, probably not watch POI again, and definitely look forward to the continuation of Dead because while Hershel was a favorite of mine, I have others I like very much and his leaving TWD, doesn’t affect the story as much as the other two shows. RIP, Brody. They definitely should have given you a star on the wall and Carrie’s final moments on tonight’s episode was simply wonderful!

Ron January 3, 2014 at 2:05 pm

You forgot nearly half of the Stark family on Game of Thrones.

Areti Pino December 15, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Brody needs to be resurrected otherwise this series is done!

Georgia October 30, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Wow, I was thinking I was the only one who was having a problem with the new season of Homeland. I used to watch the show “live”, but now I DVR the show and watch the next day. PLEASE get this show moving and back on track…Brody needs to be part of this show. Brody’s daughter DOES not make this show interesting…nor does the loser boyfriend. I was almost certain this show would be cancelled after this season since the writers haven’t come up with a decent plot. . (Now I’m noting it has been renewed. Hmmmmm.)

Kate Fredericks October 30, 2013 at 3:48 am

Get Brody BACK, whatever about her meds, put these two crackling personalities together again, STOP WITH THE JUVIE DRAMA, it won’t pull in more youngsters because this isn’t Gossip Girl or 90210. Or wasn’t until this season. There is no show without Brody!! We as an audience have looked forward to Sunday night’s for the Double Header (Homeland, The Walking Dead). Dead is brilliant as it was last year, but Homeland is missing. Like a piano that has a broken middle b minor string. If the sixth episode does not up the ante significantly, I might take it off my DVR and watch it all together next summer on Netflix! Has your Showrunner quit? Why can’t you get Brody out of that prison, have him partner with Carrie for a little good old fashioned American spying over in Afghanistan? Lots of cool drama there! We have seen enough crying, moaning and wringing of hands from Carrie, it is time to get the story rolling! No more Carrie meltdowns for a while and bring her better half back so the show can begin again! It’s all wrong right now, and after the first two brilliant seasons, we have cone to expect it to continue to be brilliant! So far, not so much. And really. Is it smart to put a severely hi-polar agent known to be unstable coming off of perhaps the worst several months of her life into some sort of undercover situation dealing with high level terrorists? Is Saul daft or what? I tell you what, Homeland staff, let me write just one episode and I’ll have Homeland where it should be in no time. For free! YES, we are getting antsy out here in audienceland. We want our show back!!!

DONNAB October 29, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I agree with Ms Fredricks. There is some hope with the last episode now that Carrie is back in action. Get Brodie back in there and make Saul stand up and fight! This show has been too good to get lacks now. I think this show has more life to give, but stop with the internal agency issues and get back to fighting terrorism!! Save this show it was one of my favorites and I want it to stay up there!

Willie October 16, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I agree with Kate Fredericks. They should’ve ended this show after season 2. The story is more of a movie not a TV show, and to reach a third season come on ! It’s getting boring and you can see how the writers are lost coming up with new stuff instead of repeating the same sub-stories in different ways !

Kate Fredericks October 15, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I loved the first two seasons of Homeland. I’m not sure what the writers, producers, and other decision makers are trying to do this season, but, so far, I am not impressed. GET BRODY out of the cage & back into the story. GET CARRIE out of the institution and back to work. GET SAUL some of that wonderful, understated humanity he had in 1 & 2. It seems like it’s all over the place and not making sense. I believe the ratings are backing up my opinion here. Three shows in and where’s the magic?