Sanctuary: Syfy TV Series Renewed for Season Four

SanctuaryThough Syfy recently cancelled Caprica and Stargate Universe, the cable channel isn’t canning every series. In fact, they’ve just renewed Sanctuary for season number four. The baker’s dozen of episodes are expected to debut this fall.

SYFY RENEWS “SANCTUARY” FOR SEASON FOUR

NEW YORK – January 18, 2011 – Syfy has greenlit production on a fourth season of Sanctuary, it was announced today by Mark Stern, President, Original Programming, Syfy & Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions. Sanctuary season 4 is slated to commence production on a 13-episode season in spring 2011 in Vancouver, BC with an eye towards a fall 2011 premiere on Syfy.

Sanctuary follows brilliant scientist Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) and her team, who use their unique combination of instinct, medicine and cutting-edge science to find and aid a clandestine population of beings that the world refuses to believe exists. The series also stars Robin Dunne as forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman, Agam Darshi as the quick-witted Kate Freelander, Ryan Robbins as tech wiz Henry Foss and Christopher Heyerdahl as the sinister John Druitt.

One of television’s most groundbreaking series, shooting almost entirely on green screen, Sanctuary was the first television series in North America to use the RED camera exclusively. Its stunning visual effects were nominated for a 2008 Emmy Award.

Created by Damian Kindler (Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis), Sanctuary is produced in association with Syfy and is distributed by Tricon Films and Television. Season three of the series is executive produced by Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Keith Beedie and Tricon Films.

Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Sanctuary will be back for more episodes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

13 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I love SANCTUARY , it is one of my favorite shows . I love the plote line , charactors , and the genre of the story . I’m so excited to hear the renewal for the 4 season of SANCTUARY .

2. Pingouine says

So happy it is renewed, I’m really hooked on that show. Story plots are original.
    I seem to have caught a glimpse of Ashley in last week’s episode – a great one! – when Helen is asked is she has any children, and there she is again in the photo announcing the renewal… could she be coming back? That would be great :) Any way, keep it up Amanda, watching Sanctuary are some of the rare moments we aren’t too nostalgic about not having anything Stargate anymore…

3. Bonnie Mitchell says

With all the other networks canceling shows i really like I am so pleased that SyFy is keep one of my favorites. Me and my kids love Sanctuary. So kudos to ya’ll SyFy keep up the good work.

4. Anderw says

I’m certainly happy Sanctuary is still going strong and SyFy keeps renewing it. It’s been one of my favorites for awhile now and I love the work they do with the green screen. It’s a shame that I keep falling behind on this show. Fortunately though, as a subscriber and employee of DISH Network I have access to the TV everywhere service which allows me to stream any and all of my programming to a variety of mobile devices anywhere I go. This way can keep up on my favorite shows during my lunch breaks. It’s great and I’ve been recommending it to everyone I meet who travels a lot or lives an on the go type of lifestyle.

5. Vicki says

I am thrilled that Sanctuary has been renewed! Love the stories, special effects and, most of all, the cast. Enjoying Season 3 and looking forward to Season 4.

6. pelisgirl says

enjoyable show!! love the characters! why they cancel good shows and put on wrestling and crappy tv movies, i have no idea! im still hoping that there would be more seasons to come from SANCTUARY. better yet, should this be TRULY the final season, get Ashley back in the story line!! thanks for the enjoyable 3 seasons!

7. says

We are delighted to find that this wonderful show has been renewed for a fourth season. We have watched Amanda Tapping since seeing her first on Stargate and just love the young lady. We really like the idea of this show and the imagination shown in developing it. Sure hope it has more seasons ahead, so much of what is out there or coming out there is redone garbage.

8. Sylvia says

I think it is great that sanctuary will be renewed for another season. We love thi and look forward to watching it every week. When will the 2011 season start?

9. Regina says

Love this show and how my son looks up the true identity and history of the characters on the show like Nikola Tesla. Keep up the good work.

10. Chuck Lewis says

Strong cast & writing. Great to see it will be back.

My gripe…whoever came up with SyFy is OBVIOUSLY not a fan of Sci-Fi.

I would say “off with their head” but I don’t think I’d do well in PC prison.

11. says

My family & I are very please SyFy has renewed Sanctuary. A very good show. Doesn’t quite make up for their stupidity in cancelling even finer/better written shows like Caprica, but it’s better than nothing.
    Speaking of nothing, even nothing is better than watching wrestling on a network called syfy – that has simply got to go!!