V: ABC Cutting Season Two Episode Order; Doomed?

VWe recently reported that ABC had decided to hold the second season premiere of V until January 4, 2011. It had looked like the network would bring it back in November but fans of the series will have to wait until next year, nearly seven months since the last original episode.

Now comes word that the network is cutting the episode order from 13 to 10 installments. Season two of V will air on Tuesdays at 9pm, taking the place of the Dancing with the Stars result show. It’s lead-in will be the compatible No Ordinary Family.

If V had returned in November, ABC would have needed at least 13 episodes to fill the timeslot until the next cycle of DWTS begins on March 29th. Because it won’t be returning until January 4th, and there are only 12 Tuesdays until March 30th, ABC doesn’t need as many episodes. The network is reportedly already planning a pair of preemptions.

The cast and crew are still filming so the scripts will be adapted to bring the season to a close after 10 episodes.

How does this bode for V’s prospects of a third season? Not very well but then, the show has always had an uphill battle ahead of it.

V was barely renewed last May because of low ratings and last season’s finale brought in just a 2.1 rating in the all-important 18-49 demographic. It’s a science-fiction serial drama with lots of ongoing storylines so V is unfortunately not very conducive to new viewers to start watching. Even if everyone who watched the season finale returns to watch season two, V will be one of the lowest rated shows on the network. If it were on the schedule right now, it would only be beating The Whole Truth, a ratings disaster.

What do you think? Do you think the series will last long enough to see a third season or is it sure to be cancelled? What would you do to get the TV show some new viewers? Is it possible?

marisa May 1, 2013 at 3:33 am

excuses excuses they do not want to show the third season because they have too much to hide and the world will catch on to whats coming up in our near future!
the second season has been cut by the government and the queen.
you will see someone will put it on DVD in the near future and save us to wake the fuck up a similar ANNA is coming our way very soon!
p.s. we already live with the V’s there are more to come!

John L. Fiorella April 4, 2012 at 1:32 am

I am a true fan of V and the return of V with Anna as the new leader of the lizard population that is for world domination and remove our water supply from the planet Earth.

What are the chances of having the SYFI channel running the show once a month until the writers could end the show with a decent ending without having the V fans disappointed?

From,
John L. Fiorella

Todd Clark June 22, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I would have to say they do need to bring Willie back and Julie since they made the decision to bring Donivins character back into play. And to just leave everyone but the heroic hero the blond lady whom is very much like Julie was a fighter and wanting to stand up for the world they are going to have to get very creative. But they can’t just leave it that the world has frozen and her wondering what the heck has has happened to everyone that apparently is frozen at the end of of season two and every looks dark. That is no way to leave the V and it would be in disgrace to even the older series which I happen to proudly own on DVD. I mean for pete sake they killed off her son, they killed off Jane Badler. They have added in Donivin now that is a plus. I say add Willie, and Julie back into it and build a bigger resistance and at least give them a fighting chance to prove the network wrong that they can also Make a Final Battle finale out of this V as will. And I agree with those whom have said we need to see them really battle. Full suited humans against the aliens in a bigger war than in the original V and the Final Battle. It needs to be something horrific. I am saddened at the fact that when they redid Knight Rider that said it was a flop and that’s it… They didn’t get creative and make it to where it even had a chance. And the Network book threw it right out. People these days are the problem of why the producers and film makers are running out of ideas and only coming up with dumb and dumber, or bad teacher, bad bosses.. Come on what is this world coming too. To let V die in a disaster such like they did Knight Rider really erks me… Much less I know Spider Man the same way. Some one decided the three best movies weren’t good enough it had to better.. Shame on that! They are outstandly very creative and the best. Batman the same way… They are heading that way with Transformers… What appears to be the best 3 movies is probably gonna be the best. Star Trek tis to be seen possibly in the future if they don’t mess that up. As for Knight Rider just because David Hassolhoff wasn’t in it and Kitt sounded different and they didn’t have as much air time and too many commercials they Killed it… Why? Let’s look at another, Airwolf…. Vincent Jan Michaels… Seriously gave into alchohol and they replaced him with SinJin and it misarably floppped. Sad…. It’s all disgrace to the networks. And People seriously need to get creative again. Producers need to stop listening to critics and people whom are downing on there own imagination… Question that sums it all up??? Has everyone lost there imaginationation or has everyone simply been brain washed since the 80’s or is everyone just plain afraid to stand up to networks and ask them to stop putting so many stupid repeared commercials on rather than letting that be 5 or 10 mins more of the actual show the film makers or producers have they could use there imagination on the screen. Stop limiting the possibilities and allow the truth to be known. Create possibilities and get back the imagination of back in the 80’s and especially let the t.v. shows be on longer and less commercials. I see where in Knight Rider they when filming where filming so fast just to squeeze in 5 or 10 mins of air time and bammo commercial.. Another five of air time and bammo a commercial… Another 5 a commercial.. Everyone go back and what shows back in the 80’s and compare it to the shows of today. They are being sneaky and airing more commercials than our shows… I say cut out the commercials maybe to on or two per show or even 1 for that matter and things would be a bit better. Be creative and open minded.. I know we can come up with better titles than just bad teacher, or bad bosses come on for a movie??? I was even disapointed with how they cut out the major battles and ocean scenes in the 4th installment of Pirates of Carribbean.. The movie went to fast and the story was not as enthusing as last three.. See my point. There focusing more on down hills rather than successful uphills. Which is sad because they are destroying legends of past T.V. shows that could become Legends in the future had they not went and got lazy or couldn’t fight it. Sad.
Todd

lia March 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Quiero una tercera temporada!!!!!!!

Cw March 25, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Show rocks ,but so did flash forward and they killed it

franz March 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I am from Peru. This show is amazing. I wish that V stay with us very seasons more.

casper March 15, 2011 at 7:12 pm

v is awesome but last episode of season 2 didnt make sence if it ends there it will be stupid

Ezra March 15, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I LOVE THIS SERIES AND AGREE THAT ABC DID NOT DO ENOUGH TO PROMOTE THIS SHOW. IT IS AMAZING AND HOPES IT RETURNS FOR ANOTHER SEASON. THE SEASON FINALE WAS GREAT PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

Anonymous March 10, 2011 at 12:43 pm

V IS EXCELLENT !!! ABC IS NOT DOING ENOUGH TO PROMOTE THE SHOW. THEY SHOULD CONSIDER SELLING THE SHOW TO SCI-FI NETWORK . SCIENCE FICTION SERIES TEND DO REALLY WELL ON THAT NETWORK. I DIDNT EVEN WATCH ABC UNTILL THE “V” CAME ALONG! I ALSO WATCH NO ORDINARY FAMILY BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WAS WAITING FOR “V” TO COME ON AND I JUST HAPPENED TO CATCH THE LAST 15 MINUTES OF NO ORDINARY FAMILY AND THOUGHT IT SEEMED INTERESTING AND DECIDED TO WATCH IT. A REALLY GREAT PROMOTION FOR THE SHOW COULD BE HIGH PROFILE CELEBRITY CAMEOS OR THEY COULD HAVE A ” V ” TRIVIA CONTEST WHERE QUESTIONS ARE ASKED DURING THE COMMERCIAL BREAKS AND TO ANSWER YOU GO TO ABC WEBSITE TO ENTER AND ANSWER AND THE REWARD COULD BE AN APPEARENCE ON THE SHOW. I’VE SEEN OTHER NETWORKS DO SIMILAR THINGS TO BOOST RATINGS.

Frank March 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Admit it – there’s only one reason to watch this show – Morena Baccarin. And it ain’t for her acting. Get her back in the slimy goo so she can be with her eggs.

SHONUF March 8, 2011 at 9:29 pm

KEEP IT ON! I REALLY ENJOY WATCHING THIS SERIES. I AM A OLDER WOMAN THAT LIKES SOME OF THE REMAKES OF OLD SHOWS AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM. SO PLEASE KEEP THE SHOW ON.

phyllis March 5, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Yeah I guess we all did enjoy the 1st movie of V. Yeah the acting in this episode is sooooo slow and you don’t sit at the edge of your seat holding your breath. I am glad that that guy had a passionate kiss with Erica and not that dull priest. He is too wimpy. You know, you have to stop doing this season finale, as much as I have watched this show from the beginning, it’s starting to piss me off with all the breaks. V just started and now another break. My friend just stop watching because of all these breaks… Get with the program please….

lisa March 2, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I agree with Let It Die but for one thing….the acting is terrible, too. I’m not a big TV watcher but this is by far the worst acting on any of the few shows I do watch. Especially the guy who plays Erika’s son….I keep hoping they’ll kill him off. Though what do I care? I tried watching the first couple of episodes this year in the hope that last season’s very nice ending episode would set a new tone. Proven wrong quite quickly, I’ve stopped watching. In truth, the idea of making this more than a one-season wonder is part of the problem. It just can’t be sustained without extraordinary amounts of repetition.

Let It Die March 1, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I will be glad to see this show die.

Everything about the show is poorly done. The acting is not horrible but the writing is so predictable and flavorless that it has no identity.

The characters are so sterotypical and bland……..even thier names sound like something out of a campy, crummy 1970’s comic book…….that I just can’t like them……

I LOVED the original V. I want so much to like this version…….. but its just not good…….

I still remember scenes from the original V………. like when Donovan and Tony were pinned down by the helicopter and all of a sudden it pulls away and they turn to see a giant spaceship………..LEGENDARY………. or when Brian was walking around his parents house drinking and making a mess and they just sat there in fear…….Phenomenal….. when Ham Tyler picked up his case and he was ready to just walk away from his friends to head east never to see them again and Julie hugtackled him…….so emotional……….. and oh……… when the Visitors were playing the Visitor National Anthem on the piano in Elias’ restaurant at Christmas and Julie stood up and started singing “Oh Beautiful for spacious skies”……… and eveyone started chiming in……. such memorable moments…….. This new version has nothing that I even remember 5 minutes after it happens……. Please let it die. Pure Garbage.

MissFalling March 21, 2011 at 9:21 pm