Would you step in during a difficult situation? Recently, ABC announced a new season of What Would You Do? will premiere on June 23rd.
Hosted by John Quiñones, the show uses “actors to create provocative situations and hidden cameras to capture people’s genuine reactions.” The new season will see Quiñones travel to Arizona and North Carolina.
New episodes of What Would You Do? begin on June 23rd at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Read more details from ABC below:
What Would You Do?” returns for an all-new season, using actors to create provocative situations and hidden cameras to capture people’s genuine reactions. Anchor John Quiñones explores the choices people make when faced with these tough and sometimes uncomfortable scenarios. During the season, “What Would You Do?” hits the road, traveling to Arizona and North Carolina to observe how people in those areas will react.
During his 35-year tenure at ABC News, Quiñones has reported extensively for all programs and platforms and served as anchor of “Primetime.” He has been recognized many times for his excellence in journalism, including seven national Emmy Awards.
“What Would You Do?” airs Fridays beginning June 23 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) on ABC.
Friday, June 23 premiere scenarios include:
· A Muslim teen is bullied by two white peers, telling him that their parents don’t want them to associate with him anymore because he is Muslim. Will anyone speak up for the Muslim teen?
· A young, slender man is introducing his plus-size girlfriend to his parents for the first time. He is head-over-heels in love with her and thinks she’s beautiful, but his parents openly disagree. How will the passersby react? Supermodel Ashley Graham guest stars, providing her unique perspective on the subject matter.
· Two young women are sitting in a café when they are approached by an older male photographer who invites them to his studio. The girls consider this potential modeling opportunity, but will anyone step in and suggest that they not trust this man?
· A bartender’s overprotective boyfriend sits at the bar during her shift, keeping an eye on how she interacts with customers. When he thinks that she is being too friendly or flirty, he calls her out in front of others. Will any of the patrons defend the bartender?
· A parent is being critical of every small mistake her child makes, yelling at and punishing the child for these minor offenses. Will any of the other diners say something?
Danielle Rossen is executive producer of “What Would You Do?””
What do you think? Have you seen What Would You Do? Will you watch the new season?