What’s new at Nickelodeon? This week, the network announced both new and returning animated series for this programming season.
Returning series include The Fairly Oddparents and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
In addition to new episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants and ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks, Nick will premiere several new animated series, which include Pinky Malinky, The Loud House, and Bunsen is a Beast!.
Read the full details below:
Nickelodeon, the number-one network for Kids 2-11 year to date, currently owns the top animated series on all TV. Today, the net announced the renewals of animated hit series: SpongeBob SquarePants, for seasons 10 and 11; and the second season pickups of Harvey Beaks and Pig Goat Banana Cricket.
As previously announced, Nickelodeon’s slate of new animated series on deck are:
· The Loud House, picked up for 26 episodes, is the first series to be greenlit out of Nickelodeon’s Animated Shorts Program and is inspired by first-time creator Chris Savino’s (Rocko’s Modern Life, The Powerpuff Girls) chaotic life growing up in a huge household.
· Bunsen is a Beast!, picked up for 20 episodes, is an original animated comedy created and executive produced by animation veteran Butch Hartman (The Fairly OddParents). The series follows the adventures of Bunsen, the first beast to attend a human grade school, and his best friend and classmate Mikey, who guides Bunsen through the ups and downs of life as a human.
· Mysticons, picked up for 40 episodes, is a half-hour, action series about four girls who transform into legendary warriors and band together to save their realm from an evil queen, Necrafa. Mysticons is licensed by Nelvana.
· Welcome to the Wayne, picked up for 20 episodes, marks Nick’s first digital short-form series to be greenlit for television. The series follows the comedic adventures of two 10-year-old boys exploring the crazy, unpredictable world of their New York City apartment building The Wayne. Welcome to the Wayne is created and written by Emmy Award-winning writer and composer Billy Lopez (The Wonder Pets!, Phineas and Ferb).
· Pinky Malinky, picked up for 20 episodes, is a mockumentary series following the everyday life of Pinky Malinky, an infectiously positive hot dog living in a human world. Pinky’s experiences will be shared across social media and Nick’s digital platforms. The series is co-created and co-executive produced by Chris Garbutt and Rikke Asbjoern (The Amazing World of Gumball), and executive produced by Scott Kreamer (Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness).
Nick will also air new episodes of returning animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Fairly OddParents and ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks.”
What do you think? What’s your favorite NickToon? Would you watch any of Nickelodeon’s new animated series?
I will watch anything Nickelodeon has to offer I just simply love Nickelodeon I have loved them since I was 6 years old I’m 16 now so I love them for 10 years