Who’s your daddy? Over the last 18 seasons, Maury Povich has answered that question and more. On May 25, 2016, Povich and crew will celebrate the 3,000th episode of his Maury TV series. Check your local listings for the time and channel of this syndicated talk show.
To mark Maury‘s major milestone, throughout the month of May, the TV show will feature the most outrageous and memorable moments from the past 18 years. Get the details from this NBC press release.
News April 27, 2016
MAURY CELEBRATES HIS 3,000TH EPISODE
– Maury, In His 18th Season In National Syndication, Is The 5th Longest Running Daytime Syndicated Talk Show In Television History – – Throughout May, Maury Will Commemorate This Milestone By Sharing His Favorite Top 30 Moments From All 3,000 Episodes –
NEW YORK – April 27, 2016 – Maury Povich will celebrate the 3,000th episode of his syndicated talk show, “Maury,” on May 25th (check local listings). To commemorate the occasion, the show will reveal the most outrageous and memorable “Maury” moments from the past 18 years throughout the month of May.
“3,000 is not just a number to me, it’s a big number,” said Povich on this career highlight. “I would like to say, I remember every one of them…let’s just leave it at that.”
“It’s been an honor and a privilege to work with Maury and our amazing creative staff for the past 18 years,” said Paul Faulhaber, ‘Maury’ Executive Producer. “They put their hearts and souls into producing this show every day and each one of them should be extremely proud of this impressive milestone.”
Ted Harbert, Chairman, NBC Broadcasting, added, “3000 episodes is just more proof that Maury Povich is one the most successful broadcasters in television history and all of us at NBCUniversal hope he does 3000 more.”
Starting tomorrow, April 28th, “Maury” will roll out the “Top 30 of 3,000,” a retrospect to be featured at the conclusion of every new episode in the month of May. The “Top 30 of 3,000” will relive the show’s most talked about moments and wildest guests. “Maury” will also track down DNA babies from paternity shows of the past 15 years and viewers will see how their lives as well as the lives of their parents have turned out since their DNA reveal.
Some of the fascinating “Maury” guests that are set to be highlighted in the “Top 30 of 3,000,” will be:
- From 2001, Marisol had a whopping 17 DNA tests with her 6 different children.
- In 2003, Todd came up with a really bad excuse for cheating on his wife and was the first (and last) guest to make Maury laugh uncontrollably throughout the segment.
- In 2005, Maury met Andrew, who originated the “Not The Father” dance, which has since gained viral popularity.
- From 2009, Alycia thought her boyfriend; Paul was cheating with her best friend Domonique because she cooked chicken tetrazzini for Paul. YouTube fans made it the first Maury viral video parody called, “Chicken Tetrazini Remix.”
“Maury’s” Facebook page will offer a virtual reality of moments from selected episodes to create a unique “Maury” experience. Each Facebook visitor will get an idea of what it’s like to be live on stage with Maury during one of his signature segments, delivering paternity and polygraph test results. In addition, Maury’s wife, Connie Chung, will be featured on the show’s Facebook and YouTube page as she provides her own take on this huge milestone.
“Maury,” currently in its 18th season in national syndication, continues to be a top performer in the daytime syndication marketplace.
- For the 2015-16 season, “Maury” delivered an average of over 2.5 million daily viewers and is ranked as the #1 rated syndicated talk show among Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49.
- For 106 out of the last 110 weeks (and counting), it is the #1 syndicated talk show among Adults 18-49, and for 254 consecutive weeks (and counting), it is the #1 syndicated talk show among Adults 18-34 ratings.
- “Maury” continues to attract a young, advertiser friendly audience by ranking as the #1 syndicated talk show among Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49 ratings, a title it has held for 5 consecutive season (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15,and 2015-16).
“Maury” is executive produced by Paul Faulhaber. “Maury” is distributed in national syndication by NBCUniversal Domestic Television Distribution and produced by Stamford Media Center Productions, the same production team behind successful NBCU talk shows including “The Jerry Springer Show,” “The Steve Wilkos Show.”
For more information on “Maury,” visit the show webpage at www.mauryshow.com.
MAURY’s Social Media Platforms:
Facebook – @MauryShow
Twitter – @TheMauryShow
Instagram – @OfficialMaury
YouTube –Official Maury
About NBCUniversal Domestic Television Distribution:
NBCUniversal Domestic Television Distribution is responsible for the production, sales and distribution of NBCUniversal products to broadcast television within the United States. The division develops and produces first-run programming and distributes these shows, along with off-network content, in broadcast syndication. Current first-run broadcast syndicated programming includes Steve Harvey, Access Hollywood, Access Hollywood Live, Maury, The Jerry Springer Show, The Steve Wilkos Show and the upcoming daytime entertainment show “Harry,” premiering on Sept. 12. In addition, the division distributes the retro television broadcast network, Cozi TV and weekend syndicated series On the Money and Open House. Current off-network programming includes American Ninja Warrior, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and The Office.
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Maury TV show. Do you plan to watch the 3,000th episode?