The cast for season nine of RuPaul’s Drag Race has been revealed! Thirteen queens will compete on the upcoming season, which is set to debut this spring.
Logo released both a new video and a press statement revealing the entire cast for season nine. Check out the press release and video below.
Emmy(R) Award-winning host RuPaul is taking the new season of Logo’s “RuPaul’s Drag Race” to the nines with the highly anticipated return of the groundbreaking competition series and revealing the next royal court of Queens set to compete for the crown.
“‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Season 9,” said executive producer RuPaul Charles. “Now more than ever!”
Coming this spring, the season nine premiere extravaganza features a shocking opening that will go down as one of the most jaw-dropping moments in “Drag Race” history. Additionally, it will unveil a court of cut-throat Queens each competing to snatch the crown and strut away with a $100,000 cash prize and the coveted title of “America’s Next Drag Superstar.” Along the way, they’ll face an unpredictable competition and deliver watercooler moments as these talented ladies of drag join the fabulous 100 Queens who fought for the crown before them.
Logo kicked off the season nine cast announcement with a three-day story on the “RuPaul’s Drag Race” Instagram account featuring a behind-the-scenes look at the season nine promo shoot, dropping hints to the day, date and time for the official cast announcement. The story culminated in a Facebook Live, hosted by “Drag Race” judge Michelle Visage where fans got a first, exclusive interview with season nine Queen, Valentina, before the cast was officially announced.
The 13 Queens who will compete in the pop culture phenomenon that has taken the world by its weave include:
- Aja Brooklyn, New York TW: @ajathekween, IG: @ajathekween
- Alexis Michelle New York, New York TW: @AlexisLives, IG: @AlexisLives
- Charlie Hides London, UK TW: @charliehidestv, IG: @charliehidestv
- Eureka O’Hara Johnson City, TN TW: @eurekaohara, IG: @eurekaohara
- Farrah Moan Las Vegas, Nevada TW: @farrahrized, IG: @farrahrized
- Jaymes Mansfield Madison, Wisconsin TW: @JaymesMansfield, IG: @jaymesmansfield
- Kimora Blac Las Vegas, Nevada TW: @kimorablac, IG: @kimorablac
- Nina Bo’nina Brown Atlanta, Georgia TW: @atlsexyslim, IG: @nina_bonina_brown
- Peppermint New York, New York TW: @Peppermint247, IG: @peppermint247
- Sasha Velour Brooklyn, New York TW: @sasha_velour, IG: @sashavelour
- Shea Coulee Chicago, IL TW: @SheaCoulee, IG: @sheacoulee
- Trinity Taylor Orlando, FL TW: @TrinityTheTuck, IG: @trinitythetuck
- Valentina Los Angeles, CA TW: @AllofValentina, IG: @allaboutvalentina
“RuPaul’s Drag Race” season nine is produced by World of Wonder Productions with Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato, Tom Campbell, Steven Corfe, Kate Fisher and RuPaul Charles serving as Executive Producers. Chris McCarthy, Pamela Post and Tim Palazzola are Executive Producers for Logo.
Do you plan to check out season nine of RuPaul’s Drag Race? Tell us what you think.