American Chopper: TLC Reality Show Cancelled, No Season Seven

American ChopperLooks like the choppers are shutting down. TMZ is reporting that the American Chopper TV show has been cancelled after six years on the air. of the cancellation, TV critic Aaron Barnhart noted, “TLC wrecks another family.”

The end of the reality show isn’t a total surprise. In the season six premiere of American Chopper, it was shown that Paul Teutul Sr. and his son, Paul Jr., had a big fight over Paul Jr.’s contract and he was terminated. The son later returned but the problems erupted again and he left once more.

In December 2009, Paul Sr. took legal action against his son over ownership of their family business, Orange County Choppers. The custom motorcycle manufacturer is based in Orange County, New York and was co-founded by the father and son.

Paul Sr. contends they had a deal that he could purchase his son’s stock options in the company but Paul Jr. apparently doesn’t want to give them up. Paul Sr. is suing for $1 million in damages and hopes that the judge will order Paul Jr. to sell his stocks.

Of the show, a TLC representative put a positive slant on the cancellation. The rep said, “The Teutuls will always be a part of the Discovery family and we congratulate them on a tremendously successful series run.”

The last episode of American Chopper will air on February 11th at 9pm on TLC.

What do you think? Are you sorry to see American Chopper end or is it long overdue?

Rick Bihop December 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Thank God its’ finally over. Paul Sr. in a short 7 seasons has manage to alienate his family with his huge ego. Everyone who has watched the show knows who the REAL creative force is on the bikes….Paul Jr. Not Paul’s adopted son Jason Poole who wans to be a Tuetel so bad…he tries to be Paul Sr. MINI-ME. If you go back and watch the series from the start, you can see Paul Sr. bullying his sons more and more as the seasons progressed. If I was Vinnie I would have left way before then and in the past couple of episodes Paul Sr. having the ego to say he made Vinnie. Vinnie is one hell of a mechanic and busted his butt getting bikes out on time. I am sorry Paul Sr., but your employees made you otherwise you would not have been canceled. Its a typical show to see you grumpy and barking orders….you put in less than 2 miutes and episode actually working by yourself. I hope being a bully to your family makes your ego as big as that big-mouth Donald Trump who is so embarrassing you don’t hear about him…and if Paul Sr. takes his advice…then God help us all.

Dave Woods August 5, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I don’t blame jr. for leaving ,he not sr. build all the best bikes.If sr. would give jr. the credit he desired instead of putting him down all the time sr. might be a real man .Sure sr started occ but if it wasn’t for jr he wouldn’t have all he has, sr. should have stayed in the office and not interfer with jr doing his job. Senior should be proud of junior for all he did for occ. If he is any kind of man at all he will start talking to jr and mikey.IT WAS A GREAT SHOW AS LONG AS JR. WAS THERE, BUT WHEN SR. GOT JUNIOR OUT THE DOOR THE SHOW WENT DOWNHILL.To bad ,senior needs to grow up before it’s to late.To bad sr. is stuck on himself

Anonymous July 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

Thank you, I’ve recently been looking for information about this topic for a long time and yours is the best I’ve found out so far. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you sure about the supply?|What i do not realize is in reality how you’re now not really a lot more smartly-favored than you might be right now. You’re so intelligent.

LARRY NELSON June 21, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I ENJOYED VERY MUCH THE UPS AND DOWNS AND YES AT TIME IT MADE ME SAD. IM 68 YRS OLD. I DONT KNOW WHO DECIDED TO CANCEL THE SHOW BUT I AM REALLY BUMMED. WHAT DO WE HAVE NOW A DUCEHBAG SHOW. THANK FOR NOTHING. I WONT BE WACHING YOUR CHANEL ANY MORE.

Darin May 21, 2012 at 6:05 pm

These days TV is ruined and wrecked by reality tv get back to the shows of
Comedy. Drama .fiction. non fiction . Romances it would be better then the cap they
Coming up with

Joe Kennedy November 18, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I wish you guys could get together! You are very entertaing, because you are Americas typical family.Nobody wants to see your family disintergrate!Please, you are the American success story don’t blow it!

deal or no deal blog September 28, 2011 at 2:46 am

Simply wish to say your article is as astounding. The clearness for your put up is just great and that i could suppose you’re a professional in this subject. Fine with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thank you a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

d September 5, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Hello Iam a 67 yr young man who thru my omn faults has lost my children.In my opinion the old man is a giant anal orifice. towards the end he showed just how anal he was.he had no reason to talk the way he did about his son HE WILL BE SORRY SHAME ON SR.