On $#*! My Dad Says, William Shatner’s character says a lot of outrageous things about the people in his family and the world around him. One can only imagine what he would say if he knew that his show was in real danger of getting cancelled.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for CBS is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, well, it’s not.
However, if you like $#*! My Dad Says and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on CBS.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be counted directly. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via “snail-mail” immediately to: Ms. Nina Tassler, CBS, 7800 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90039, RE: $#*! My Dad Says
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To CBS, KoMut Entertainment, and Warner Bros. Television:
We, the undersigned, like watching $#*! My Dad Says on the CBS network. The cast is hilarious and the writing is top notch. It keeps us laughing and seems to get better every week.
Please find a way to keep $#*! My Dad Says on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on CBS or, if necessary, on another channel.
Thank you for your consideration.