Chambers has some new company. Netflix just announced the casting details for their upcoming TV show.
The teen horror series centers on a “young heart attack survivor [who] becomes consumed by the mystery surrounding the heart that saved her life. However, the closer she gets to uncovering the truth about her donor’s sudden death, the more she starts taking on the characteristics of the deceased — some of which are troublingly sinister.”
On Chambers, Sivan Alyra Rose will be playing the lead, 17-year-old Sasha Yazzie. Additionally, Lilliya Reid will be playing Becky Lefevre, Nicholas Galitzine has been cast as Elliott Lefevre, and Kyanna Simone Simpson will portray Yvonne.
Chambers is set to debut on Netflix in 2019.
Read more info below:
A young heart attack survivor becomes consumed by the mystery surrounding the heart that saved her life. However, the closer she gets to uncovering the truth about her donor’s sudden death, the more she starts taking on the characteristics of the deceased — some of which are troublingly sinister. Chambers will premiere globally on Netflix in 2019.
Creator: Leah Rachel
Executive Producers: Alfonso Gomez Rejon, Leah Rachel, Super Deluxe’s Winnie Kemp and Wolfgang Hammer, Jennifer Yale, Steve Gaghan (Super Emotional)
Introducing Sivan Alyra Rose who plays “SASHA YAZZIE”, a seventeen-year-old whose world is as big as what’s in front of her. But an untimely heart attack and subsequent complications from her donor set her life on a path riddled with sinister twists. What starts out as a mission to understand the mystery surrounding her heart donor’s death becomes a quest to understand her true identity and the darkness growing inside her.
Rose is an Apache/Puerto Rican actress, model, and exhibited artist. She was raised on the San Carlos Apache reservation and discovered at the Santa Fe Indian Market at the age of 16. Her credits include:
· Lead role in the Mark Lewis short film The Entrada on PBS
· American Film Institute project Running Shadow directed by Carlos Betancourt.
Introducing Lilliya Reid who plays “BECKY LEFEVRE” a Suburban Prom Queen whose perfect veneer hides a much more complicated truth. After Becky dies in a tragic accident, her her heart saves Sasha’s life – before creating many complications.
· Lilliya Reid has previously appeared in the Dakota Fanning film Vienna and the Fantomes.
Nicholas Galitzine plays “ELLIOTT LEFEVRE”, a charming, nihilistic rich kid hell-bent on throwing it all away. Newly sober and still privately reeling from his twin sister Becky’s death, Elliot is determined to move on with his life and keep his past behind him. Until he meets Sasha.
· Share directed by Pippa Bianco and produced by Scott Rudin, which will premiere at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival.
· Handsome Devil directed by John Butler opposite Andrew Scott which won the Best Picture at the 2017 Dublin International Film Festival.
· The Watcher In The Woods (2017) opposite Anjelica Huston
· The Beat Beneath My Feet which was nominated for British Independent Film Award and Crystal Bear at the Berlin Film Festival in 2016
· The Changeover opposite Timothy Spall based on the Carnegie Medal winning novel by Margeret Mahy
· Named one of 2015 London Film Festival’s Screen International Stars of Tomorrow.
Kyanna Simone Simpson plays “YVONNE”, Sasha’s best friend. Growing up in the same low income housing development, Yvonne lives at home with two younger brothers, her father, and her terminally ill mother.
· Best known for playing the teenage version of Oprah Winfrey’s character in HBO’s Emmy nominated “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks”
· Recurring role on CW’s “Black Lightning,”
· Upcoming projects include a role opposite Matthew McConaughey in White Boy Rick and playing the teenage version of Octavia Spencer’s character in Ma for director Tate Taylor.
Lilli Kay plays “PENELOPE”, Becky’s highly unusual childhood best friend. Although their friendship fell apart, Penelope has never fully let Becky go – her obsession growing even deeper after her death, and transferring onto Sasha.
A graduate of Carnegie Mellon’s School of Drama, Kay’s credits include:
· Recently appeared in HBO’s Emmy nominated television movie, Paterno
· Leading role in Roundabout Theatre’s production of Napoli, Brooklyn last year
Sarah Mezzanotte plays “MARNIE”, a popular perfectionist who is happy to be the best at everything now that Becky’s gone. Marnie keeps a close eye on Sasha, but her motives are put into question when it’s revealed her parents are the head of a New Age organization with questionable ideals.
· Sarah was most recently seen in the sold out remounting of Sarah DeLappe’s award winning play THE WOLVES.
· Broadway revival of SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION
· Feature film BLAME a selection for 2017 Tribeca Film Festival.
· Recurring roles on BLUE BLOODS and ROYAL PAINS
Introducing Griffin Powell-Arcand who plays “TJ”, Sasha’s boyfriend. A track star who gets bussed in from the reservation, he’s the pride of Cottonwood High. He’s good inside and street-smart, but most importantly, he loves Sasha. TJ is her rock and when Sasha starts to worry that there’s something’s wrong with her new heart. TJ struggles to keep the closeness they once had while at the same school.
Griffin Powell-Arcand is a member of the Alexander First Nation in Alberta, Canada. Growing up he had roles in Hallmark and Disney Channel mini-series. His other credits include series regular roles on the Canadian television series Mixed Blessings and Moccasin Flats on APTV (Aboriginal Peoples Television Network).”
What do you think? Are you a fan of teen dramas? Will you watch Chambers?