Though NBC’s Persons Unknown is presented as a mini-series, executive producer Remi Aubuchon has said that they’d like to do another season with a new mystery. Unfortunately, with ratings like the show’s been getting, that’s almost surely not going to happen on NBC.
What can you do? Remember, the ideal scenario for NBC is for many millions of people to watch the show on their television sets, while it’s being broadcast. Unfortunately, ratings are put together based on a sampling of viewers. If you’re a “Nielsen household,” your viewing is being counted. If not, it’s not.
However, if you like Persons Unknown and want to see it continue, there are a few things you can do to help.
- If you’re a Nielsen family, watch the show whenever it’s on. If not, watch it on NBC.com or purchase episodes online so your viewing will be directly counted. Encourage others to watch the show. You might know a Nielsen family and not be aware of it.
- Talk about the show with others; at school, at work, online, or wherever. Creating a buzz about a show that you’re invested in gets other people interested and might help bring former viewers back.
- Sign the petition below and encourage others to do the same.
- Order/purchase Persons Unknown: Season One on DVD.
- Write to the network. Be respectful. Everyone responds better to courtesy. Tell them how much you enjoy the show, that you’ve signed the petition, and that you want to see it continue. You can use this form or, even better, write via snail-mail to: Mr. Jeff Gaspin, Chairman, NBC, 3000 W. Alameda, Burbank, CA 91523, RE: Persons Unknown
- Take note of the products that are advertised during the show. Write the advertisers and tell them that you appreciate their sponsoring the show and that you buy their products (if you do).
To NBC and Fox Television Studios:
We, the undersigned, enjoy watching Persons Unknown on the NBC network. The tone of the show is great — just the right mixture of mystery and scariness. We enjoy the acting and storylines that keep us in our seats each week.
Please find a way to keep Persons Unknown on the air. We are devoted viewers who will continue to watch the program, encourage others to do the same, and will support the series’ advertisers as well. Please keep it going, either on NBC or, if necessary, on another NBC-related channel.
Thank you for your consideration.
Image courtesy NBC.