FX is bringing the 1980s to you. This week, the network announced they are holding a pop-up event in honor of their upcoming TV show Snowfall.
From John Singleton, the drama chronicles the beginning of the crack cocaine epidemic in 1980s Los Angeles. The cast includes Damson Idris, Sergio Peris-Menchet, Carter Hudson, and Emily Rios.
From June 23rd to June 25th, FX is hosting a Snowfall pop-up event in Downtown Los Angeles, complete with BBQ, tacos, a barber shop, DJ academy, and an appearance from hip-hop godfather Lonzo Williams.
Snowfall premieres on FX on July 5th at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Read more about FX’s pop-up event below:
LOS ANGELES – June 19, 2017 – The early 1980s are returning to Los Angeles this weekend as FX opens an immersive throwback experience ahead of the premiere of the new drama series Snowfall. Set in the early 1980s, Snowfall explores the genesis of the crack cocaine epidemic and its wider impact on the culture.
The Snowfall pop-up is free and will be open to the public from Friday, June 23 to Sunday, June 25 at the Hudson Loft in Downtown Los Angeles.
· DJ academy where you can learn to spin old-school vinyl with the pros
· Meet and greet with Lonzo Williams, the godfather of early West Coast hip-hop
· Custom lacing station to freshen your kicks
· Barber shop featuring John Mosley, aka The Popular Nobody, giving classic 80s fade-ups
· Sliders and Coleslaw by world famous Bludso’s BBQ
· Delicious tacos by Trejo’s Tacos
· Giveaways and more, including a pass to attend the premiere screening of Snowfall on Monday, 6/26 at The Theatre at Ace Hotel*
· Friday, June 23rd from 12pm-8pm
· Saturday and Sunday, June 24th and 25th from 11am-7pm
· Hudson Loft, 1200 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015
For information about the activation: https://www.facebook.com/events/231498877355160/
*Seating not guaranteed and on a first come, first served basis
Snowfall will premiere on Wednesday, July 5 at 10 PM ET/PT on FX. Created by John Singleton & Eric Amadio and Dave Andron, Snowfall is executive produced by Singleton, Amadio, Andron, Thomas Schlamme, Michael London and Trevor Engelson. Andron serves as showrunner.
Los Angeles 1983. A storm is coming and its name is crack. Snowfall is a one-hour drama set against the infancy of the crack cocaine epidemic and its ultimate radical impact on the culture as we know it. The story follows numerous characters on a violent collision course, including: Franklin Saint (Damson Idris), young street entrepreneur on a quest for power; Gustavo “El Oso” Zapata (Sergio Peris-Mencheta), a Mexican wrestler caught up in a power struggle within a crime family; Teddy McDonald (Carter Hudson), a CIA operative running from a dark past who begins an off-book operation to fund the Nicaraguan Contras and Lucia Villanueva (Emily Rios), the self-possessed daughter of a Mexican crime lord.”
What do you think? Are you planning on watching Snowfall? Will you go to the pop-up event?