What are you favorite shows on streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon? Recently, Newsweek revealed the top streaming shows of 2016.
Though all three streaming platforms are known for not unveiling their viewing numbers, the independent company Symphony Advanced Media has compiled the top 25 series by tracking “engagement across streaming platforms via television, mobile phones, tablets and computers” over the past 12 months.
The results single out Orange is the New Black as the top streaming show of the year. Season four of the prison dramedy premiered on June 17th, 2016 and brought in 23 million viewers within the first 35 days of release. Other Netflix series, like Stranger Things, Fuller House, Marvel’s Luke Cage, and Marvel’s Daredevil, round out the top five.
Netflix didn’t completely dominate the ratings, however. Hulu‘s JFK time-travel drama 11.22.63 came in ninth place with 5.3 million viewers and Prime Video‘s popular dramas Goliath and Bosch rounded out the list at 24th and 25th place.
Here’s the full top 25:
- Orange Is the New Black (season four)—23 million viewers
- Stranger Things—21.7m
- Fuller House—21.5m
- Marvel’s Luke Cage—12.1m
- Marvel’s Daredevil (season two)—11.6m
- House of Cards (season four)—8.8m
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (season two)—8.4m
- The Ranch —5.8m
- Amanda Knox—4.96m
- The Get Down—4.91m
- Gracie and Frankie (season two)—4.5m
- Narcos (season two)—3.8m
- Black Mirror (season three)—3.7m
- The Crown—3.5m
- Bloodline (season two)—3.3m
- Longmire (season five)—3.2m
- Chelsea Does—2.7m
- The Path—2.06m
- Bojack Horseman (season three)—2m
- Marco Polo (season two)—1.9m
- Bosch (season two)—1.6m”
What do you think? Which streaming platforms do you subscribe to? Which original series do you watch?