Las Vegas: NBC Cancels Long-Running Series

Las VegasTVGuide is reporting that NBC has unceremoniously cancelled Las Vegas after five seasons on the air.

Las Vegas debuted on September 22, 2003 and was touted as actor James Caan’s first series regular role on television. The Academy Award-nominated actor was cast as the Montecito casino’s Head of Security, ‘Big Ed’ Deline. Others in the cast have included Nikki Cox, Josh Duhamel, James Lesure, Vanessa Marcil, Molly Sims, and Marsha Thomason.

Caan left the series last year to return to his movie career and Cox was cut from the show in a cost-cutting move. Caan was replaced by Tom Selleck and it was hoped that the addition of the veteran TV actor would help revitalize the series. It didn’t and, coupled with the series’ move to Friday nights, the ratings dropped significantly.

Last year, Las Vegas was one of the earliest NBC shows to get a renewal notice. What a difference a year can make.

NBC has opted not to renew Las Vegas for season six. Unlike Friday Night Lights, Vegas apparently doesn’t warrant shopping to other possible outlets and fans of the series are left with a cliffhanger. The last two episodes aired last Friday and was first in the ratings for both hours, Unbeknownst to viewers at the time, it was likely the last time we’ll see the staff of the Montecito. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Leeanne October 27, 2014 at 6:38 am

I love this show. Not happy about NBC stopping this show without notice and in the middle of a great storyline. Disappointing.

Leeanne October 27, 2014 at 6:34 am

This is unbelievable! I love this show and can’t believe NBC would just stop it without notice. Seriously someone needs to sort this out. It would be like stopping Twilight at New Moon. Just doesn’t make sense.

Jenny August 30, 2014 at 12:58 am

I only just finished season 5, I also got on the net to see if there actually was a season 6 out there somewhere and came across this webpage….I agree with others BRING IT BACK!!! if not for a whole other season then atleast an episode or movie showing us fans what happens to the main people in the show. I’ll admit I was getting a little bored with the start of the fifth episode with Cooper coming into it, when Ed left, but within the 3rd episode I was hooked again. So yeah I think Las Vegas was not given a fair go….

Doreen Alfaro July 14, 2014 at 12:06 pm

My sweet boyfriend and I just finished watching all 5 series and we are shocked that there is not a season 6….We got on line to make sure there wasn’t another season or movie that we missed…Wow…we really can’t believe it ended this way!!!! We love this show!!! Bring VEGAS BACK! 

Ashley April 5, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Why? Bring it back! I hate the whole being left hanging crap! That’s just ugh!

Bojana February 18, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I can’t believe! I love this show! I’ve just watched the last two episodes and I can’t believe it’s the end! It can’t end this way… I’m so disappointed… Love the show :(

Dz June 17, 2013 at 11:28 am

They should atleast make us a movie

Lewis Allan March 27, 2013 at 1:18 pm

i cant stop watching all 5 series it really is my most favourite tv show, i was very gutted when i found out it has been cancelled it ended on a big cliff hanger which isn’t fair to the fans we need closure once and for all, so many questions to be answered about the ending.
PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

Catarina Mendes March 19, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Now that the series is interesting ends. Teenagers are interested in this series. Can not finish a series like this, especially when they put “to be continued”. Have to give a chance to people today to see what they found. I was very young when the series started so I have not had the opportunity to see, but now this series has captured my attention and when I thought of something amazing was going to happen tell me that the series was canceled. Please put the series back in action because she captivated the world, at least to me that I am from Portugal, captivated.

Anonymous March 18, 2013 at 7:10 pm

bring back vagas

alexia February 17, 2013 at 11:19 am

Bring the series back ……its been five years and people are still talking about it…..come on you at least owe us 5 year viewers, this much!!!!