Antiques Roadshow is coming back with an all-new season in January. Season 22 will premiere on January 8. The series will show some amazing never before seen items on its new season.
PBS revealed more about the new season in a press release. Check that out below.
“After more than 20 years searching for America’s hidden treasures, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW finds sensational first-time objects in six cities featured as part of season 22. From eyewitness accounts of historic moments to items that are truly macabre, ROADSHOW appraisers, guests and locations make this a ground-breaking new season!
“I was amazed by the number of never-before-seen items discovered on this year’s tour,” says executive producer Marsha Bemko. “That mix of new treasures and sizzling stories along with our first event filmed at a Gilded Age mansion in Newport, RI fills this season with can’t-miss episodes!”
Along with discovering the mystery of the mosquito and the masterpiece, viewers will see other first-time items such as:
- In Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, a head in a box! A plaster head, that is, of a convicted bank robber who fashioned the prop to aid in his attempted prison escape. Harrisburg episodes will air January 8, 15 and 22.
- In New Orleans, Louisiana, a charming study of Andy Warhol painted by his friend, artist Jamie Wyeth, capturing Warhol with his beloved dog Archie. New Orleans episodes will air January 29, February 5 and 12.
- In St. Louis, Missouri, a vintage Ozark Airlines poster, ca. 1960, featuring aircraft of the era and company logo illustrated through mid-century modern design. St. Louis episodes will air February 19 and 26, and March 26.
- In Portland, Oregon, an eyewitness account of the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln captured in a letter written by the guest’s grandfather, who was at Ford’s theater that fateful night and captured a most remarkable description of John Wilkes Booth. Portland episodes will air April 2, 9 and 16.
- In Green Bay, Wisconsin, a rare Cadillac “rain lamp,” ca. 1968, used to promote the famous auto brand through modern design and a unique mineral-oil-on-wire feature that simulated rain. Green Bay episodes will air April 23 and 30, and May 7.
- In Newport, Rhode Island, a one-of-a-kind 1939 Royal typewriter, plated by Cartier in 24k gold and presented to the guest’s grandfather, who was vice president of sales at Royal during the period. Newport episodes will air May 14 and 21.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW offers engaging ways to experience the season premiere and new episodes, including live tweeting with producers and appraisers Mondays at 8/7c PM; an after-show AR Extras LIVE broadcast on Facebook; the weekly AR Extras newsletter; and original feature articles, video archive and more on pbs.org/antiques.”
Are you excited for the return of this series? Tell us what you think.
Love the antiques roadshow but a little confused why is there an unwrapped and in the dates I understand it’s going to resume on March 26 but I don’t understand what’s happening right now why are you showing reruns instead of the new season 22 series episodes? I do understand that it says it I love the Antiques Roadshow however I don’t understand why there is reruns right now ! I did read that the series will resume March 26 other than that I don’t understand the interruption can you explain it to me?