Starz reports that the first episode of their new Outlander TV show has been viewed 3.7 million times — 2.3 million on television and 1.4 million via other platforms.
Here’s more information:
STARZ ORIGINAL SERIES “OUTLANDER” ROMANCES MEN AND WOMEN ALIKE
STRONGEST MULTIPLATFORM PERFORMANCE FOR A NEW SERIES PREMIERE IN STARZ HISTORY
Brings 3.7 Million Multiplatform Total Views and Counting, Draws Equal Male and Female Viewership
Estimated 2.3 Million Viewers Watched on STARZ Flagship Alone
Additional 1.4 Million Views and Counting from Multiplatform Audience
Beverly Hills, Calif. – August 11, 2014 – August 9th was #OutlanderDay as the STARZ original series premiered to millions of viewers. With an extensive free sampling campaign, the show delivered the highest number of multiplatform views for a new series premiere in STARZ history, delivered equally on male and female viewers and trended heavily on social media throughout the weekend.
More than 2.3 Million viewers watched the series premiere episode Live+Same Day (Live+SD) during its opening weekend on STARZ flagship channel alone
· More than 720,000 Live+SD viewers for series premiere at 9PM ET/PT
· 1.5 Million Live+SD total viewers watched the combined Saturday telecasts
· 51% of viewers were female, 45% male (P18+)
· Early reporting of the week-long on-demand, online platforms and affiliate TVE services yielded an additional 1.4 million to-date, delivering 3.7 million views and counting
· The series is also a media and social media success for the network, with fans hosting viewing parties around the country:
· No. 1 in Nielsen Ratings for Twitter conversation volume among all television series on premiere day
· Trended twice at No. 2 in U.S Twitter Trends during the east coast airing (trended for 20 minutes the first time)
· 27K total mentions day of premiere, ranking higher than recent premium TV new series premiere social mentions (**SOURCE: Sysomos)
In overall multiplatform performance, the series performed on par with the network’s previously highest rated new series premiere, “Black Sails,” despite the fact that Persons Using Television (PUTs) Saturdays in prime time are 23% lower this month than they were in January 2014 when “Black Sails” premiered.
· “Black Sails” delivered nearly 1.7 Million Live+SD total viewers watched the combined Saturday telecasts, equal to “Outlander”
· “Black Sails” delivered 850,000 Live+SD viewers for series premiere at 9PM ET/PT, versus “Outlander” which delivered 720,000 viewers
· “Black Sails” early reporting of on-demand, online platforms and affiliate linear airings yielded an additional 900,000 views, thus totaling 3.5 million views for its premiere
(SOURCES: Nielsen Npower Live+SD data. Does not include additional multiplex repeats, extended DVR, or complete viewing of STARZ ON DEMAND, Free On Demand, STARZ PLAY, and other online platforms. Subject to further qualifications available upon request.)
New episodes of “Outlander” air Saturdays at 9PM ET/PT exclusively on STARZ.
What do you think? Have you watched the first episode of Outlander? Will you watch another episode? Did you watch online, via “live” television, or on-demand?
Of course I read the books, but I think they do a great job in the series. Can’t wait till the next showing. Please don’t cancel it.
Great T.v. Series.well done . I can’t seem to get enough I am waiting with great anticipation for the next showing . All of the actors are great, especially Jamie he is so manly and handsome. I enjoy the chivalry displayed, I wish it were like that in today’s world. I agree with the other comment “keep the good stuff coming”. I will definitely go to the book store tomorrow and pick up the book.
Love the show!!!!
This is great and the actors just as the book portrays them.
The first episode should have been a 2 hr.
I am in love with Jaime.
I am reading all the books.
Have been to Scotland many times and it is my heritage.
KEEP THE GOOD STUFF COMING.
I found it excellent….I liked the pace, though I can see it would not be for everyone….The filming and music were exquisite ~ I liked the actors though I did not know of any of them, maybe that is what I liked…I am hooked already and hoping for another season ~
We loved this one… something different for a change… only problem I can see is the accents.
It kinda seemed slowed. I though it was a 2 hour premier episode only to find out I was watching a 1 hour show. Going to give it another try next episode hopefully it picks up.