Who Do You Think You Are? is back. Today, TLC revealed the celebrity guests in store for season nine of the TV series.
From Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky, the docuseries delves into the unknown ancestry of various celebrities. Season nine’s guests include Jessica Biel, Julie Bowen, Courtney Cox, Jennifer Grey, Smokey Robinson, John Stamos, Liv Tyler, and Noah Wyle.
The new season of Who Do You Think You Are? premieres on March 5th at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
TLC’s Emmy Award-winning series, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? returns this spring with a new group of celebrities ready to delve into their lineage and get answers to the questions they’ve wondered about their entire lives. Eight new one-hour episodes bring more unexpected turns and surprising discoveries of great historical significance. Executive Produced by Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky, the new season premieres on Sunday, March 5th at 10/9c.
This season’s celebrity contributors include:
· Jessica Biel makes surprising discoveries that change what she thought knew about her heritage.
· Julie Bowen uncovers the story of two relatives whose moral codes are from opposite ends of the spectrum.
· Courteney Cox traces her maternal line back seven centuries to the Medieval times to discover royalty in her lineage and an unbelievable tale of family drama.
· Jennifer Grey uncovers new information about the grandfather she thought she knew, learning how he survived adversity to become a beacon of his community.
· Smokey Robinson searches for answers behind the mystery of why his grandfather disappeared from his children’s lives and finds a man tangled in a swirl of controversy.
· John Stamos digs into the mystery of how his grandfather became an orphan, and learns of tensions between families that led to a horrible crime.
· Liv Tyler learns that her family is tied into the complicated racial narrative of America.
· Noah Wyle unravels the mystery of his maternal line, uncovering an ancestor who survived one of America’s bloodiest battles.
Ancestry, the leading family history company, is teaming up again with TLC as a sponsor of the upcoming season. As part of the show sponsorship, Ancestry provides exhaustive family history research on each of the featured celebrities to help make discoveries possible and build out the story of each episode.
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? is produced for TLC by Shed Media (part of the alternative department at Warner Bros. Television) and Is or Isn’t Entertainment. The series is based on an original format created by Wall to Wall Media and Alex Graham.”
What do you think? Have you seen Who Do You Think You Are? Will you watch the new season?