When ABC cancelled Wicked City, they started filling the Tuesdays at 10pm timeslot with reruns of Shark Tank. Now, they’ve decided to start airing new installments of the Primetime offshoot series, What Would You Do?.
According to the network, the new season kicks off on January 26th and episodes will then air for three weeks in February. It’s unclear if there are only four episodes in the season or if the show will return sometime in the future.
Here are the details.
AWARD-WINNING “WHAT WOULD YOU DO?” RETURNS – NEW SHOWS BEGIN AIRING TUESDAY, JANUARY 26 AT 10:00 P.M. ON ABC
When People See a Situation That Cries Out for Action, Do They Step Up and Say Something or Step Away?
Hidden-camera fan-favorite “What Would You Do?” returns for four weeks this winter with all-new scenarios capturing unsuspecting people’s reactions to everyday situations. New scenarios elicit new and sometimes surprising reactions, but what does not change is the incredible response to anchor John Quiñones when he appears on camera to ask about each person’s split-second and often surprising decision-making process. This season, the show travels to Portland, Oregon with surprising scenario outcomes that will be featured on one of the upcoming hours.
“What Would You Do?” premieres TUESDAY, JANUARY 26 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EST) on ABC and airs for the following three Tuesday nights in February.
Tuesday, January 26 scenarios include:
· Car Trouble: On a suburban street outside an ice-cream shop, a woman makes it clear she is having trouble changing her flat tire. Watch how people respond when our actress is dressed in a sexy outfit. What will responses be when she is wearing a traditional Muslim hijab?
· Online Predator: At a café, a 16-year-old boy is waiting to finally meet up with a girl he met online – a girl he thinks is his age. But when she turns out to be an older woman in her 40’s, he can’t decide whether he should leave with her. Will fellow patrons say anything?
· We’re Having a Girl!: While out to eat, a pregnant wife tells her husband the exciting news that she is having a girl. The only problem? He already has two girls and wants a boy. What will fellow diners do when they witness his very obvious displeasure?
· Diet Pills: Three teenage girls are out to lunch when two of them start to peer pressure the third into taking diet pills. As they try to convince their friend to take the pills because appearance really matters, our pressured teen is skeptical. Will bystanders say anything?
· Sore Loser Dad: A father/coach is buying ice cream for a group of little leaguers after a hard-fought game – for everyone except one boy – his own son. He tells the boy that his strike out cost his team the game; therefore, he gets no ice cream. The child is visibly upset, telling his dad that he tried his best. The dad/coach does not want to hear it. What would you do?
“What Would You Do?” has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival and the Avon Foundation’s 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing “injustice and wrongdoing against women and bring the issue of domestic violence to the mainstream.”
What do you think? Do you enjoy this ABC series? Would you like to see it return for more episodes?