AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 10/28/14)

AMC TV show ratingsThough AMC has had some popular scripted series that have run for years, many others have been cancelled after just one season. How are the current crop of shows doing? Which will be cancelled or renewed? We’ll have to wait and see.

Scripted AMC Network shows listed: Breaking Bad, Halt and Catch Fire, Hell on Wheels, Low Winter Sun, Mad Men, Turn, and The Walking Dead.

Last update: Ratings for the most recent episode of The Walking Dead added.

There’s lots of data that AMC execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are the major ingredient. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | ABC Family | FX | TNT | USA

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Bobbie Putnam October 10, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Hell on Wheels gets no publicity from AMC. Why is that? NO cast member’s personal appearances on popular interview shows. No great trailers throughout the week with the amazing theme music leading to show night. It has great acting, great scripts and courageous characters.
Why is it treated like an ugly step-child when it’s pulling a more than 2 M + audience in the revered 18-49 crowd. Don’t the 49+ count for anything on AMC? Try poling the group that has the disposable income who just might buy some products.
Season 4 is guaranteed to end with a bang. Hopefully, Season 5 will show up next summer with Cullen, Durant, Psalms, the Governor and whoever’s left when the shooting starts.

vicki October 7, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Hell on Wheels and Walking Dead are the only shows I watch. I am extremely annoyed that the age range for ratings is 18-49. It is the over 49 year olds who are watching the most!!!!!! We are the ones who miss westerns from our youth! We are the ones who grew up with Clint Eastwood westerns!! I hope they don’t cancel it. It is a show for people who enjoy using their brains and don’t want to predict what will happen next.

Anonymous October 6, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Keep Hell On Wheels….It is an Awesome Show….Please Do Not Cancel It!!!

Anson fan September 24, 2014 at 3:37 am

I love watching Hell on Wheels and think the railroad growth tying everything together is awesome. Hope that road NEVER gets done ;)

Georgia September 9, 2014 at 2:48 pm

HoW is in my top ten shows. I think HoW should be nominated for some Emmys. But there’s no nudity and no F-bombs, so it won’t be.

Lee Pace is excellent in Halt & Catch Fire.

Roofuss September 5, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Hell on Wheels is the ONLY show I watch on AMC. All the actors do a great job, and I am a dedicated viewer, even with all the COUNTLESS commercials !

Anonymous September 12, 2014 at 2:12 am

Ditto

paul c locascio jr August 25, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I love watching HELL ON WHEELS and wish it will go on forever. ANSON MOUNT is geart in the title role. If and when you cancell the show be sure you find another show with him in the lead role. A WESTERN show, as a good guy of course? Thank you, PAUL

Rose August 25, 2014 at 8:17 am

I love WALKING DEAD, HELL ON WHEELS & TURN. And watched BREAKING BAD when it was on. They do have great shows.
My problem w/AMC? I’ve signed up for their newletters and program info more time than I can count and have yet to get ANY information from them. Yes, I’ve also written to many times to tell them as much. Anyone else have this problem?