AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 5/19/15)

AMC TV show ratingsThough AMC has had some popular scripted series that have run for years, many others have been cancelled after just one season. How are the current crop of shows doing? Which will be cancelled or renewed? We’ll have to wait and see.

Scripted AMC Network shows listed: Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Halt and Catch Fire, Hell on Wheels, Low Winter Sun, Mad Men, Turn: Washington Spies, and The Walking Dead.

Last update: Ratings for the most recent episode of Turn: Washington Spies added.

There’s lots of data that AMC execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are the major ingredient. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | ABC Family | FX | TNT | USA

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Daniel May 22, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Turn is an excellent show!!!

Carol May 16, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I LOVE Turn! Please renew it….people are just starting to hear about it!!!

WylieOnWheels May 14, 2015 at 1:17 am

Hell On Wheels is entering its fifth and final season, which will have 14 episodes split between 2015 and 16. Will be curious to see how this affects ratings. Regardless, I will watch till the Golden Spike.

Lynne May 13, 2015 at 9:12 pm

I love Turn. Its a fabulous show. Changing the day and time has made it more difficult to watch.

diane May 13, 2015 at 3:02 am

Great Great Show! We need more shows dealing with the early history of our nation. This show deserves to be kept on – a different time slot against less tough competition maybe would help ratings. To viewers out there – give this a 2nd chance! It took me a 2nd viewing & I am so glad I did as it is my favorite show of all now. These actors deserve to do this show as they perform among the best acting out there. Please keep this show going!

MBF May 7, 2015 at 2:14 pm

The country is hungry for history! Look how well Legends & Lies is doing on Fox News.
That show is aired on Sunday nights at 8:00. The entire family watches these shows and kids learn the truth about our history.
Turn is an excellent show!! AMC just put it in a really bad day/time slot.

Advertise the show more and put it in a family friendly time slot.

Figgz May 5, 2015 at 12:55 am

Turn is a great show , no way should it be canceled. Monday nights definitely hurting the ratings

David Clary May 4, 2015 at 10:40 am

I love the show Turn but moving it to Monday has made it more difficult to watch. I’m guessing by the ratings you won’t keep it but it’s a show worthy of keeping. You doomed it by the day change.

dji April 8, 2015 at 10:52 am

mad men’s ratings aren’t what they used to be at all. i like the show but it just got long in the tooth.