AMC TV Show Ratings (updated 12/3/14)

AMC TV show ratingsThough AMC has had some popular scripted series that have run for years, many others have been cancelled after just one season. How are the current crop of shows doing? Which will be cancelled or renewed? We’ll have to wait and see.

Scripted AMC Network shows listed: Breaking Bad, Halt and Catch Fire, Hell on Wheels, Low Winter Sun, Mad Men, Turn, and The Walking Dead.

Last update: Ratings for the most recent episode of The Walking Dead added.

There’s lots of data that AMC execs look at when deciding whether to renew or cancel a TV series but ratings are the major ingredient. Here’s an updated listing of all of their recent/current primetime scripted shows.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also view them here and here.

You can see other networks’ rankings here:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC | ABC Family | FX | TNT | USA

A couple of notes about these charts:
These figures are updated automatically as new ratings are released (usually a day or so after the broadcasts). The averages are based on the final national numbers (live plus same day viewing). For technical reasons, I have to resort them manually so feel free to let me know if I missed something.

The demo numbers, which are typically most important to the broadcast networks, aren’t quite as vital to cable channels because their audiences are usually much smaller. Demo numbers are typically reported using the 10ths decimal place (2.4, for example). In the averages, I’m using an extra decimal for easier ranking.

What do you think? Are you surprised by any of the ratings? Which shows should be doing better? Which one do you think will be cancelled next?

Anonymous November 16, 2014 at 8:37 am

I watch Hell on Wheels and love it! I don”t fit he profile of 18 – 49 and neither do thousands of others. I missed first season completely, because it wasn’t advertized. Wake up! People over the age of 49 probably watch much more TV than an 18-24 year old college student and probably has more money to purchase products from your sponsors. Who decided 49 was the cut off? When that group of people turn (no pun intended) 49 ask if they have stopped watching TV or ran out of money.

Turn, is a fabulous show as well. I am a big fan.

Over 49

Linda Garris November 9, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Halt and catch fire has THE LOWEST ratings but is being renewed. Imho because of lee pace and his complicated character that Hollywood will love and give an Emmy. Stinks that shows tht are most popular are ignored. Andrew Lincoln has done a great job with some tear jerker performances. He deserves an emmy as does Melissa for supporting role. Hollywood is like govt.no one cares what the people think. I think part of the problem is the walking dead unites us in a common bond against a threat affecting everyone. Hollywood likes more pc themes that no one watchs. Like halt. Breaking bad was ok. I wat hed because it came on right before the walking dead. Hollywood gave them emmies and mde the actors think they are better than they actually are. Stupid. The show hd a third of the ratings of TWD. which is a better story ,better acting. Between Hollywood and this administration, the people dont matter. Only elites and activists get attention. Im so sick of it. Thats why i love country and cma shows. Brad and Carrie do awesome monologues and dont worry abt being pc.

Gabriel November 5, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Desde México por favor no cancelen hell on wheels es muy buena soy fan de las series de AMC por que son realistas y las historias son fuertes y contundentes y eso lo aprecio mucho

Karen McClelland Cohen November 3, 2014 at 2:27 am

Hell On Wheels has the best ratings of any scripted show on AMC, except for The Walking Dead. Where’s the appreciation from AMC? The ratings are over 3 million in +3 DVR counts. Renew for Season 5 ASAP

Bobbie Putnam October 10, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Hell on Wheels gets no publicity from AMC. Why is that? NO cast member’s personal appearances on popular interview shows. No great trailers throughout the week with the amazing theme music leading to show night. It has great acting, great scripts and courageous characters.
Why is it treated like an ugly step-child when it’s pulling a more than 2 M + audience in the revered 18-49 crowd. Don’t the 49+ count for anything on AMC? Try poling the group that has the disposable income who just might buy some products.
Season 4 is guaranteed to end with a bang. Hopefully, Season 5 will show up next summer with Cullen, Durant, Psalms, the Governor and whoever’s left when the shooting starts.

vicki October 7, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Hell on Wheels and Walking Dead are the only shows I watch. I am extremely annoyed that the age range for ratings is 18-49. It is the over 49 year olds who are watching the most!!!!!! We are the ones who miss westerns from our youth! We are the ones who grew up with Clint Eastwood westerns!! I hope they don’t cancel it. It is a show for people who enjoy using their brains and don’t want to predict what will happen next.

Linda Garris November 9, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Lol. They were asking for commentors but said my demographic was full,over 49. The younger demo does all the buying ,therefore, their voice is more valued. Hell i know plenty of over 60 who watch. Id like to collect TWD figures but im too old. Idk maybe i will. I would love rick,carl,darryl,Michonne and the governor to start.oh and Glen and Maggie, kind of my favs on the theres still hope theme. Idt there is but they are the bright spot. Im very afraid for Judith. How long can they protect her ? I love having her for Rick but she better learn to use a gun by three yrs old. Yes Lee pace is one of my fav actors. But show is lower rated than the show with lennie james who is a far superior actor. Oh Hollywood needs to be irrelevant. All they do is kiss each others ass. And always give awards to pc actors and shows. TWD needs to stay true to comic and fans. It gets more pc. Ive read up to volume 20. We are good to go thru season eight to ten. We have the sponsers. The hell with the emmy voters. Lets all get out for peoples choice. That was terrible that vampire diaries won best actor w two million viewers. I think that was rigged,or they refused to put Andrew in that category. Crap we cant even vote for the award thats for we the people. TWD deserves awards in all categories on people’s choice and Emmys imho. Ty and enjoy to.ight nov 9 episode. Please dont kill Glen or Maggie and where is Morgan? Second half? Thank god for the talking dead. Id be a mess wo Chris Hardwick each week lol

Anonymous October 6, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Keep Hell On Wheels….It is an Awesome Show….Please Do Not Cancel It!!!

Anson fan September 24, 2014 at 3:37 am

I love watching Hell on Wheels and think the railroad growth tying everything together is awesome. Hope that road NEVER gets done ;)

Linda Garris November 9, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Lol. It is but i wasnt crazy abt last night. Pretty unrealistic .i love turn but TWD is the only show i cant miss. All others can be watched at a later date. I watch dwts based on the stars. This yr Sadie and Alfonso are keeping the ratings up. Im not crazy abt duck dynasty but i love the people. They get 12 million viewers. ,so their fans are watching Dwts. If Sadie is eliminated i probably wont watch. Im anxious for twd companion show. Will it come close to the original? I laugh at other stations trying to come up with apocalyptic themes and after shows,like we care..they just dont get it. I heard O’Reilly say TWD is abt zombies. No its not. They are the threat but we are learning to deal with them,not as fearful.omg remember season one when they were afraid of a couple. Sophia never would die these days, its crazy people that r the biggest problem. I hope Noah stays awhile, i really like him. I still am not feeling tara. Laurie and Andrea were much more interesting albeit hated. I wanted themdead .tara isn’t annoying just irrelevant so far. Rosita will play a bigger role next yr, and Rick and Darryl need a love life next yr. Geez. Don’t make Darryl gay. . He should be with Beth . They had five yrs to make him gay,plus im sure other gay characters r coming if they follow source material.

Georgia September 9, 2014 at 2:48 pm

HoW is in my top ten shows. I think HoW should be nominated for some Emmys. But there’s no nudity and no F-bombs, so it won’t be.

Lee Pace is excellent in Halt & Catch Fire.

Roofuss September 5, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Hell on Wheels is the ONLY show I watch on AMC. All the actors do a great job, and I am a dedicated viewer, even with all the COUNTLESS commercials !

Anonymous September 12, 2014 at 2:12 am

Ditto

paul c locascio jr August 25, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I love watching HELL ON WHEELS and wish it will go on forever. ANSON MOUNT is geart in the title role. If and when you cancell the show be sure you find another show with him in the lead role. A WESTERN show, as a good guy of course? Thank you, PAUL

Rose August 25, 2014 at 8:17 am

I love WALKING DEAD, HELL ON WHEELS & TURN. And watched BREAKING BAD when it was on. They do have great shows.
My problem w/AMC? I’ve signed up for their newletters and program info more time than I can count and have yet to get ANY information from them. Yes, I’ve also written to many times to tell them as much. Anyone else have this problem?