Altered Carbon will continue. Today, Netflix announced they have renewed the TV series for a second season and added new cast member Anthony Mackie.
Based on the book by Richard K. Morgan, the sci-fi drama follows Takeshi Kovacs, a 22nd century assassin who is compelled to track down a killer 250 years in the future. The cast includes Joel Kinnaman, Renée Elise Goldsberry, James Purefoy, Kristin Lehman, Martha Higareda, Dichen Lachman, Leonardo Nam, Hayley Law, Chris Conner, Ato Essandoh, Trieu Tran, and Will Yun Lee.
Netflix has ordered eight episodes for season two of Altered Carbon, which will star Anthony Mackie as Takeshi Kovacs.
You can read more info below:
Netflix has ordered eight additional episodes of Altered Carbon from Skydance Television.
· The series is based on the classic science fiction novels by Richard K. Morgan.
· Anthony Mackie (Captain America series, Detroit) will star as Takeshi Kovacs
· Laeta Kalogridis will return as co-showrunner and executive producer.
· Alison Schapker joins the series as co-showrunner and will also serve as an executive producer.
· David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross will executive produce for Skydance.
· James Middleton (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), will serve as an executive producer.
For those unfamiliar with the world of Altered Carbon, I also wanted to share the below as background on how different actors can play the same character in different seasons:
In the world of Altered Carbon, the journey of Takeshi Kovacs spans hundreds of years, many different bodies, and planets. This allows the story to explore themes of identity, mortality, and the human soul. In this new season, Anthony Mackie will be the new embodiment of Kovacs, as the series continues to expand on these deeper themes and ideas across longer periods of times and different worlds throughout the universe.”
What do you think? Are you a fan of Altered Carbon? Will you watch season two?