It’s the last call for Last Call with Carson Daly. Today, NBC announced the TV show is coming to an end after 17 years.
Hosted by Carson Daly, the late night talk show featured celebrity interviews and musical performances. Previous guests have included Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, Halsey, and Kendrick Lamar.
According to Daly, Last Call is ending so he can focus on his duties at Today and as host of The Voice. You can read more info from NBC below:
- Carson Daly has decided to step away from his 1:30 a.m. show “Last Call with Carson Daly” to concentrate on his duties as host of the Orange Room on “Today,” host and producer on “The Voice” and spend more time with his family.
- While on “Last Call,” Daly was working in three dayparts – morning, primetime and late night.
- “If you had told me in 2002 I would be a part of the historic NBC late-night family for 17 years, I would have said you were crazy! Hard to believe it’s been so long – 2,000 episodes. It’s time to move on to something new and let someone else have access to this incredible platform.
- “My 20’s was about finding a good job. My 30’s was about taking on as many of them as I could. Now, in my 40’s, I’m focused on quality over quantity. I want to do more with my ‘Today’ family and continue hosting and producing ‘The Voice’ and explore new opportunities.”
- “I’m forever grateful and proud to all who have worked with us at ‘Last Call’ over the years. So many have gone on to achieve incredible success. It’s been really awesome to watch. I owe our executive producer Stewart Bailey a huge bottle of something expensive. He masterfully keep this train on the track for many years.”
- “I’m very excited to fulfill other areas I’m passionate about within our company. The Golf Channel has always been a favorite of mine and we have a few exciting things in the works. I look forward to building on that.”
- “I could have all the jobs in the world, but none of them are more important to me than that of Dad. My family will always remain my top priority and greatest gig.
- At its conclusion “Last Call” will have recorded 2,000 episodes. A date for the final telecast will be announced at a later time.
- Stewart Bailey and Carson Daly are the executive producers.
- A new 1:30 a.m. show will be announced shortly.
- “Last Call” debuted in 2002.
- “Last Call” was known for its personal longform interviews and breaking new musical artists with intimate performances. The show was among the first to recognize such major artists as Maroon 5, Halsey, 21 Pilots, Ed Sheeran and Kendrick Lamar.”
What do you think? Do you watch Last Call with Carson Daly? Are you sad it’s ending?
I remember watching a view episodes in its early inception. I worked a graveyard shift in transportation that often afforded me a few stops at my home during the course of my shift which inevitably led to me looking for something to watch on t.v. while in waiting. I was never what you would call ” a fan” of Carson, but well over a decade later and after having detached myself from any and all television for almost a decade, I was actually surprised and for some reason pleased to see that this guy not only had a job, but… Read more »
Thank you, now cancel Seth Meyers show as well.
There is no way that anyone ever watched this Carson Daly show on purpose. Even this online article, no one is like sad it’s going away lol… just funny. How did he ever get paid for this to begin with? It’s so weird.