Outlander: Season One Ratings

Outlander TV show on StarzStarz was very happy with the early reception of their new Outlander TV show so they gave it an early season two renewal. The cable channel has often given quick renewals but the series are then often cancelled after two seasons. Will Starz regret giving Outlander a second year order so soon? Would it have been cancelled if they had waited?

The Outlander series revolves around Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945. She finds herself mysteriously thrown back in time, to 1743 Scotland, and forced to marry another man to save her life. A passionate affair is ignited. The rest of the cast includes Sam Heughan, Tobias Menzies, Graham McTavish, Gary Lewis, Annette Badland, Stephen Walters, Laura Donnelly, Lotte Verbeek, James Fleet, Duncan Lacroix, Roderick Gilkison, Simon Callow, Grant O’Rourke, Bill Paterson, and Simon Meacock.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

1/29 update: Have you heard that season two has been cancelled? Well, it hasn’t.

Final season averages: 0.26 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.04 million total viewers.

How are your shows doing? Check the current rankings:
ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC
ABC Family | AMC | FX | HBO | MTV | Showtime | Syfy | TNT | USA

What do you think? Do you like the Outlander TV show? Do you think it should have been renewed for a second season or cancelled instead?

Canceled and renewed TV show

283 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Melissa says

Outlander is the best show ever! I hope it gets renewed for many more seasons! I never loved a show or books as much as I have enjoyed outlander!!

2. Terry Cicaka says

I love the story! I am not a prude but I feel it is too explicit. The story is so beautiful and more time should be spent on things other than the negative. Looking forward to season 2!

3. Sandra Wort says

I loved the books and was very exited with the fact that the TV series was done. I think putting these books into a tv series was brilliant and could not wait to see it. I was attracted to this books for the fantastic story of going to the past and the future and the history attached. I liked the series but I did not like the fact that so much sex and nudity was included in the episodes. I do not think this was the main reason why people liked the story and contrary I think that took away the interest from many people. I wish the tv series would center more in showing the books content without having so much scenes of violence and nudity be the center of it. I would enjoy it more.

• Sharon Congdon says

Have you seem Jamie and Claire they make a beautiful couple and with a
      loving relationship comes sex. I thought it was very well done an hope they
      bring it back for another season.

• Raven says

I enjoy the sex scenes and male nudity — I’ll admit that’s one of the reasons I watch. But I do wish they would develop the love story more. Jamie and Claire aren’t as close in the show as they are in the books. They seem very distant other than when they are having sex and it still feels too much like Claire’s true love is Frank.

• Anonymous says

I love the series! I want more!! Is there going to be a season 3? I’m sick of reality and gangster shows

4. Anonymous says

Love the show!!! Very smart, with action & even romance. Waiting for the next season, do not cancel!

5. says

I love Outlander and watch it every week as do alot of people I know
    as well. Jamie is to die for and Claire is lovely and the series keeps you in
    suspense of what’s coming next. Please renew for season 3 we all love it.