NBC is already gearing up for the summer. Today, the network announced the premiere dates for season 14 of America’s Got Talent and season 11 of American Ninja Warrior (the eighth season on the network).
The new season of America’s Got Talent will feature new judges Gabrielle Union and Julianne Hough as well as returning judges Howie Mandel and Simon Cowell. Terry Crews, the host of America’s Got Talent: The Champions, will now host the regular version.
Read more info below:
AMERICA’S GOT TALENT”
- NBC will premiere its top-rated summer series “America’s Got Talent” for its 14th season on Tuesday, May 28 (8-10 p.m. ET/PT).
- “America’s Got Talent” has remained summer’s No. 1 alternative show for 13 seasons. The series once again dominated the summer television landscape this past summer, averaging 14 million viewers per episode, with magician Shin Lim going on to win the competition. And this winter the “AGT” franchise premiered its first-ever global brand extension, “America’s Got Talent: The Champions,” which launched in January and established itself as the season’s No. 1 most-watched alternative series.
- The judging panel for the upcoming season consists of new judges Gabrielle Union and Julianne Hough, as well as returning judges Simon Cowell and Howie Mandel. Terry Crews, who hosted the recent season of “America’s Got Talent: The Champions,” will host.
- “America’s Got Talent” was created by Simon Cowell and is co-produced by Fremantle and Syco Entertainment. Simon Cowell, Sam Donnelly, Jason Raff, Trish Kinane and Richard Wallace are the executive producers.
“AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR”
- The eighth season of NBC’s “American Ninja Warrior” will launch on Wednesday, May 29 (8-10 p.m.) before moving to its regular timeslot on Monday, June 10 (8-10 p.m.).
- Last summer “American Ninja Warrior” delivered a 1.3 rating in adults 18-49 and 5.9 million viewers overall in “live plus seven day” Nielsens, scoring as the most-watched broadcast of the night with each of its final five telecasts of the summer. “Ninja Warrior” generated top-10 rankings among primetime summer shows on the Big 4 networks in numerous key demographics.
- Zuri Hall, an award-winning television host and actress, is joining the show this season as sideline reporter. Hall will be on the ground giving viewers an in-depth preview of the course and sharing up-to-the-minute reactions from the crowd. She will also be the first to greet competitors after they have taken on the course with her post-race interviews.
- Hall will continue to serve as a correspondent across all E! platforms, including “What the Fashion” on Snapchat Discover and “What’s Good with Zuri Hall,” on E! News.
- “American Ninja Warrior,” hosted by Matt Iseman and Akbar Gbajabiamila, begins filming March 6 with the Los Angeles city qualifying rounds, before moving on to shoot in previously announced cities for this season, including Atlanta, Oklahoma City, Baltimore, Seattle/Tacoma, Cincinnati and finally, Las Vegas for the show’s national finals.
- The series is executive produced by A. Smith & Co. Productions’ founders Arthur Smith and Kent Weed. Brian Richardson, Anthony Storm and Kristen Stabile also serve as executive producers.
- Audience seats are now available through http://on-camera-audiences.com/American_Ninja_Warrior.”
What do you think? Are you a fan of American Ninja Warrior and/or America’s Got Talent? Will you watch them the new seasons?