Make way for some new legal eagles. FOX has ordered the Proven Innocent TV show.The new series comes from writer David Elliot, who is executive producing with Danny Strong and Stacy Greenberg.
A FOX legal drama, Proven Innocent stars Rachelle Lefevre, Russell Hornsby, Nikki M. James, Vincent Kartheiser, Riley Smith, and Clare O’Connor. The story centers on Madeline Scott (Lefevre), and her team of lawyers. Together they work, with great risk to their own well-being, to overturn unjust convictions.
Meanwhile, Strong, who played Jonathan Levinson in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will be executive producing his old Mad Men colleague, Kartheiser, but the AMC series isn’t their first connection. Kartheiser played Connor in Mutant Enemy’s Buffy spin-off, Angel. And of course Kartheiser is married to Gilmore Girls‘ Alexis Bleidel, and Strong played Doyle McMaster on that old WB series.
Here’s a little more about the new Proven Innocent TV show.
· Studio: Danny Strong Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television
· Format: One-hour drama
· EP/W: David Elliot
· D: Patricia Riggen
· EPs/NW: Danny Strong, Stacy Greenberg
· Logline: A legal drama set in an wrongful conviction firm. Led by a fierce and fearless female lawyer with a hunger for justice, the team reopens investigations, putting their own lives in danger to exonerate the innocent that were ‘proven’ guilty. Our lead’s motivation comes from her infamous past; as a young adult she was found guilty and later exonerated in a high-profile case in which she became a tabloid sensation, household name and national celebrity. While a hero and a victim to some, her bold and bullish tactics garner her some enemies – one of whom will do anything to see her go down for a crime we know she did not commit. We will watch her defend others as she fights to maintain her own innocence.
· Rachelle Lefevre — “Madeline Scott”
· Russell Hornsby — “Ezekiel ‘Easy’ Boudreau”
· Nikki M. James — “Violet Bell”
· Vincent Kartheiser — “Bodie Quick”
· Riley Smith — “Levi Scott”
· Clare O’Connor — “Young Madeline Scott”[Courtesy of The Futon Critic]
What do you think? How do you like the premise and cast of the Proven Innocent TV series? Do you think you’ll check it out, when it debuts on FOX? Let us know, below.