Peacock is keeping The Traitors around. The streaming service has renewed the reality competition series for a second season. It was also revealed that Alan Cumming will return for season two in his role as host.
The reality competition features a group of contestants trying to win a big cash prize, but there are three traitors among them. The cast is a mix of game players and reality show stars. The first season’s cast includes Amanda Clark, Andie Thurmond, Anjelica Conti, Arie Luyendyk Jr., Azra Valani, Brandi Glanville, Christian De La Torre, Cirie Fields, Cody Calafiore, Geraldine Moreno, Kate Chastain, Kyle Cooke, Michael Davidson, Quentin Jiles, Rachel Reilly, Reza Farahan, Robert “Bam” Nieves, Ryan Lochte, Shelbe Rodriguez, and Stephenie LaGrossa Kendrick.
The first season of 10 episodes was released on January 12th. A cast reunion, hosted by Andy Cohen, will be released on February 28th. It will be the first time that the cast will be all together since the finale.
Peacock revealed more about the renewal of the competition series in a press release.
Following an overwhelmingly positive debut, Peacock has announced a second season pickup of THE TRAITORS, currently the streamer’s #1 Original reality series. The hit show brings together the witty humor of returning host and producer Alan Cumming with the deceit and treachery of a celeb-fueled competition set in the Scottish Highlands. Season One of THE TRAITORS premiered January 12, 2023.
- In addition to the show’s renewal, the Season One reunion will stream on Peacock February 28, hosted by Bravo icon Andy Cohen. The dramatic reunion will bring the Season One cast together for the first time since the traitorous finale.
- THE TRAITORS is the #1 Peacock Original reality series.
- Season One featured a mix of reality stars and America’s best game-players including Amanda Clark (Emergency Room Nurse), Andie Thurmond (Director of Music Services), Anjelica Conti (Hair Stylist), Arie Luyendyk Jr. (Bachelor/Bachelorette), Azra Valani (Yoga Instructor), Brandi Glanville (The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills), Christian De La Torre (Veteran & Van Life Influencer), Cirie Fields (Survivor), Cody Calafiore (Big Brother), Geraldine Moreno (Actress), Kate Chastain (Below Deck), Kyle Cooke (Summer House), Michael Davidson (DMV Office Manager), Quentin Jiles (Political Analyst), Rachel Reilly (Big Brother), Reza Farahan (Shahs of Sunset), Robert “Bam” Nieves (Tech Sales Executive), Ryan Lochte (Olympian), Shelbe Rodriguez (Public Affairs Manager), Stephenie LaGrossa Kendrick (Survivor).
- “The Traitors is an ambitious, highly addictive and spontaneous format that keeps contestants and viewers on their toes,” said Corie Henson, EVP Entertainment Unscripted Content, NBCUniversal. “Alan Cumming is a well-dressed genius, the producers at Studio Lambert are brilliant storytellers and the show is the perfect mix of drama and suspense to keep our Traitors and Faithfuls craving more.”
- “We hugely enjoyed making the US version of this hit format with NBC and giving Peacock’s audience a highly bingeable murder mystery game full of intrigue and dramatic twists,” said Stephen Lambert, CEO, Studio Lambert. “This is the game which shows how people judge each other, often leaping to false conclusions, in a way that’s revealing and entertaining, and we’re excited to be making a second season with Alan as together we build on the success of the first.”
ABOUT THE TRAITORS SEASON 1:
Hosted by Alan Cumming, this unscripted competition series is a nail-biting psychological adventure in which treachery and deceit are the name of the game. Twenty contestants (including reality A-listers) come together to complete a series of challenges with the objective of earning a cash prize. The catch? Three of the contestants coined “the traitors” will devise a plan to steal the prize from the other contestants coined “the faithful.”
What do you think? Are you excited to see a new season of The Traitors? Do you plan to tune in for the reunion?
Seeing all three of the Traitors series by far the American one is the worst. There really was nothing good about it. If you can see it watch the UK version and the Australian version. Those two are hands down better than what we got in the Americanized version. I think the only good part of the whole American version was the host.
Loved this show!
Although, hoping for a few tweaks on season 2…
– No celebrities/rich people
– More safety for winners (contests didn’t matter)
– Help for faithful (know how many traitors or something), as it seemed they had no chance to win.
Celebrities are fine to have on the show they are regular people like us in the end. They are no better or worse in these types of games. Should we say no LGBT+ people or Asians. Let anyone compete on these shows. There are no tweaks needed here. The Contests are only setup to make them money. They all had a stake in it to get as much money as they can. Either the Traitors keep it all or the Faithful keep it all so they will all want to make sure there is the most money in the pot… Read more »
i would love to have a celebrity traitors from both the uk and america fight it out and have 2 hosts as well so you could have susan calman angie harmon etc
Yeah the traitors was a good show it’s almost like this game mafia I use to play back in highschool it was a lot of fun
Fantastic news! The Traitors was fun to watch.