Friends with Benefits: Cancelled; No Season Two

Friends with Benefits cancelledThere won’t be a second season for the pals on NBC’s Friends with Benefits. The network has cancelled the sitcom after one season on the air.

Friends with Benefits revolves around a group of young Chicago friends. Their relationships are complicated to say the least as they try to find the perfect match for themselves and their friends. The sitcom stars Ryan Hansen, Danneel Ackles, Jessica Lucas, Zach Cregger, and Andre Holland.

Originally slated for mid-season 2010-11, the premiere was delayed until August 2011. It was pretty clear that the network didn’t see a future for the series as they burned episodes off two at a time during a summer run.

Friends with Benefits debuted on August 5th to a poor 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.34 million total viewers. The numbers got worse as the weeks progressed and hit a low of a 0.5 demo rating with just 1.54 million viewers.

The peacock network had one leftover episode by the time the regular 2011-12 season began and they never got around to airing the last episode. Episode 13, titled “The Benefit of Full Disclosure,” was later made available online via iTunes, Amazon and Netflix. It was the second episode directed by The Wonder Years vet Fred Savage.

To no surprise, NBC has cancelled Friends with Benefits so we’ll never find out if the friends ever found their own “happily ever afters.”

What do you think? Did you enjoy this NBC sitcom? Do you think it would have done better and have been renewed if it had aired during the regular season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Homie May 21, 2015 at 8:39 pm

I think the show was released at the wrong time and to the wrong crowd. I’m finding a lot more people have found it on Netflix than on tv and so far everyone has loved it. Actors seemed exactly like that, actors. But by the time the season was ending they felt more like characters than actors. They need to bring it back.

Nick May 20, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Show was great! Season two please.

Jina May 18, 2015 at 2:23 am

Renew renew renew!!!

emily May 18, 2015 at 12:23 am

Great show! Love the character and the plot. Watched the whole season on Netflix in under a week!

C ship May 16, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Loved the show… Netflix should start season 2

Lexi wiggin May 13, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Try again I love this show I am so into it!!!! Pleaseeeeee I give it 5 stars

Marwa May 5, 2015 at 1:48 am

Nooooooooo!!! I was really into the show and want to know whats gonna happen. They should continue it why would they remove it ughhh made me upset :(

Marwa May 5, 2015 at 1:43 am

Noooooo!!! I was so into the show i wanna know whats gonna happen. Its a great show they should continue it :(

mya May 3, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Try again the show is great

mya May 3, 2015 at 6:32 pm

I loved the show please renew it !!

Anonymous May 1, 2015 at 7:16 am

Omg! I loved this show! They can’t do thaattt! This show was like awesome.

Katie April 26, 2015 at 5:33 pm

I absolutely loved the show. I saw it as an option on Netflix and watched the entire first season in one sitting. I really liked the plot. I have an idea of to why it did not lure viewers because the acting didn’t seem real enough. The show felt more like a play rather than a real life situation but the plot was really good. I felt like if the acting was more played out than the show would have made it. I think that to whomever wrote the script will decide to maybe try again and put it on possibly a different network, rename it the show and try the show again! I really liked the actors also. They seemed like a great combination of friends. I think maybe putting someone else into the mixture, adding someone that might spice it up. I hate to say it but there was no suspense or anything really making the viewers dying to watch the next episode. If it is one thing I know, it is my ‘love/romance’ programs.

I really think that with this generation, the idea of the show was great; just need to add a few things.

Brittney April 5, 2015 at 12:56 pm

I found this to be incredibly entertaining.
Every show needs time to bounce into place and to let the
Actors fall into character. I really enjoyed this and I’m sad
That it was cancelled. It’s clear that it was released at the
Wrong place and time… I feel like this show would thrive on
The air right now.

Abbie March 29, 2015 at 3:42 pm

I can’t believe this! Friends with benefits was an amazing show and they should’ve went on to do way more seasons!