Make It or Break It: Cancelled, No Season Four

season four canceled MAKE IT OR BREAK ITIt’s the end of the competition for Make It or Break It. ABC Family has cancelled the TV show after three seasons on the air.

Make It or Break It revolves around top young gymnasts who are training for the Olympics. The series debuted in mid-June 2009 to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.5 million total viewers. The ratings fell as low as a 0.6 in the demo with 1.9 million but that was still enough for the cable channel to renew it for a second season of 20 episodes.

The ratings got worse in season two but ABC Family still renewed Make It or Break It for a third season. This time however, they only ordered eight episodes. According to network president Michael Riley, it was “in time to ignite Olympic fever.”

If there were a possibility of ABC Family ordering a fourth season, those chances were pretty quickly dashed. Season three debuted to a 0.7 in the demo and 1.57 million. By week two, viewership had dropped off more than 25% and the numbers fell further in week three.

Should Make It or Break It have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The five episodes of season three that have aired thus far have averaged a 0.5 in the demo with 1.23 million total viewers.

At least part of the decline may have been due to the losses of Chelsea Hobbs and Josh Bowman (who’s now on Revenge). Coach Sasha (Neil Jackson) also hasn’t been seen much this season.

Of the cancellation, series creator Holly Sorenson tweeted, “MIOBI nation. We all love you so much. And we are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of #miobi.”

The final episode of Make It or Break It airs on May 14th.

What do you think? Were you still watching? Are you sad that the show is ending?

lovina January 18, 2015 at 4:03 am

pls bring back season 5 u can something with Emily coming bk with a shocking routine, risky but amazing I just love make it or break it can’t believed they cancelled it, am so disappointed n sad

Anonymous January 13, 2015 at 12:30 pm

I would have to see all three of their dreams come true

Nivea January 7, 2015 at 5:48 pm

Why would you cancel make it or break it I get that you don’t want to show the Olympics because they all had the dream of winning Olympic gold but in season 3 they said that they have to go back to Denver to
train even more for the Olympics you could of made a nother season especially with Kaily Cruz and Austin Tucker just getting back together and also Laurn Tanners new romance it has inspired me to do gymnastics I would realy appreciate it if you made more seasons i’m honestly really disappointed

Kelsey January 4, 2015 at 4:53 pm

From the uk and I’ve just finished watching season 1-4 in netflix and I’m completely gutted it’s ended as I would LOVE to see them going to the Olympics!! Please make more seasons!

rebecca January 3, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I have watched it in one week I would love it if you brought this back am in love with it please bring it back

Elizabeth January 1, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Seasons 1-4 are on Netflix in the UK. It’s a shame the show was cancelled, I’m still hoping for a season 5!

diana stewart January 1, 2015 at 6:10 am

is there a season 4, anyone!!

i cant find it i have searched shops and google can anyone help me!!

admin January 1, 2015 at 10:26 am

No. It was cancelled after three seasons.

notice me senpai December 28, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Bring it back plz!
i watched 1-4 in ONE week! You should know, its so good that i think and watch it all day.

Ramona December 22, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I love make it or break it !! I’ve watched it like a houndred times. Sometimes I start over even if I had just watched it. It’s just so amazing and I would really like to know what happens in the Olympics and after it.

Victoria December 18, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Please please, i need a season 5. I have watched season 1-4 in only 2 weeks ;) I LOVE the rock girls and i need to see more..!! PLEASE!!

diana stewart January 1, 2015 at 6:11 am

i know right.

do you know whether there is a season 4

i want to find out what happens to kaylie and emily

Linda December 18, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Please bring make it or break it back!! I love the series and I can’t believe that you didn’t show the olympics and Lauren’s new romance and everything else! Im obsessed with miobi!!

sarah December 7, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Please bring back make it or break it me and my 10 year old girl love it so much that she is obsessed with it and cant wait to get home from school and we cuddle on the couch watching it…it also helps her at school to be herself and do what makes you happy please make more seasons xx

Mollie November 29, 2014 at 5:32 pm

It is 2014 and I just finished all of the series literally 5 minutes ago. I am crying right now with devastation! I am 13 years old and I have watched all of them on Netflix! You must make a season 5, 6 etc! I love it and we get to see all of how they were with all the meet ups and competition but we didn’t see them in the most important one. The Olympics. Please could you consider making more. I’m in the UK and I can’t stop talking about this at school. Even though I’ve been going through hard life and GCSE this always makes me happy. Now I have completed it. I’m going to watch it all over again from the first episode but it won’t be the same. BRING BACK MIOBI!!! My friends now watch it due to my recommendation! BRING IT BACK