The Carrie Diaries: Cancelled, No Season Three

Carrie Diaries season twoIt’s time to say goodbye to Carrie Bradshaw again. The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled by The CW after two seasons and 26 episodes.

The Carrie Diaries follows the experiences of young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) as she grows into the New York writer we know from Sex and the City. Others in the cast include Lindsey Gort, Austin Butler, Katie Findlay, Brendan Dooling, Ellen Wong, Freema Agyeman, Stefania Owen, Matt Letscher, and Chloe Bridges.

The series debuted early last year to a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million viewers. The ratings went up and down over the course of the season and the show could have easily been cancelled but The CW execs decided to stick with it.

Unfortunately, the second season premiere drew just half of the viewership of the series debut some 10 months earlier. Year-to-year, Carrie Diaries dropped nearly 30% in the ratings. While expectations on Friday nights are lower, it seems viewership was just too low to justify the network ordering a third season.

The season (now series) finale aired on January 31st.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled? Would you have renewed it for a third season?

Kayla August 24, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I really like the show. I was watching it on Netflix, and I can’t get over the fact that the show got canceled. I want to see a 3rd sesion. Please!!

Victoria August 24, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I am so sad, I love this show and I am 34. I think its unfair and CW did not give this show a fair shot. It had poor advertising, not many people knew about it and it was aired on Fridays when viewership was low, what do they expect. With good advertising and a different view date, I think this show would have been a hit. I hate CW now and have a bad opinion about the network.

eleonora August 18, 2014 at 6:05 am

i want the 3 season! i can’t live without it

Cajsa Sweden August 16, 2014 at 7:29 pm

This just breaks my heart, i’ve known for a while now but im still sad about it!!!!

Eva August 3, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Yes I would have renewed it!!!! I love this show!! I am so sad that it’s cancelled :(

Aline August 3, 2014 at 2:57 pm

This sucks!! Seriously, they dont know how many people theyre letting down by cancelling the show!! BUMMER! So pissed!

saeed July 23, 2014 at 12:20 am

This really sucks! I just started watching carrier diaries a week ago & i already finished both seasons. All my friends told me how great it was im literally addicted to this series i just wish they didnt cancel it this really sucks now im going to be so bored without it. I HATE “CW”.

natali July 18, 2014 at 11:21 pm

im so sad….. hope this is a joke, the carrie diaries must keep making seasons!!! it was hard enough to say goodbye to SATC, bring TCD back please

SA July 15, 2014 at 6:37 am

im so sad.i loved that show.it was very good i still cant believe that it is cancelled.i hate The CW right now !!! Omg im crying please bring it back !!!!!

Lisa July 14, 2014 at 1:38 am

I love The Carrie Diaries, I just found out about it from my friends 10 year old daughter and watched the entire 1st season in a week. Icant find how I can see the 2nd full season yet. I didn’t even know this existed, but I love it! Will it be on Netflix?! Bummer it was canceled… I’m 32 btw and would love to see it back. Maybe with more advertising or a different day of the week.
Thanks!
Lisa

Tani July 11, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Im going to cry myself to sleep every night knowing that i will never beable to see a new episode of Carrie diaries again……i should make a petition and see how many people would sign it…..CW is on my hate list for cancelling now!!!

Tamara July 17, 2014 at 12:28 am

I am so upset! I found this site that has a petition started. I signed it. I hope it will help!

Tamara July 17, 2014 at 12:29 am