The Carrie Diaries: Cancelled, No Season Three

Carrie Diaries season twoIt’s time to say goodbye to Carrie Bradshaw again. The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled by The CW after two seasons and 26 episodes.

The Carrie Diaries follows the experiences of young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) as she grows into the New York writer we know from Sex and the City. Others in the cast include Lindsey Gort, Austin Butler, Katie Findlay, Brendan Dooling, Ellen Wong, Freema Agyeman, Stefania Owen, Matt Letscher, and Chloe Bridges.

The series debuted early last year to a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million viewers. The ratings went up and down over the course of the season and the show could have easily been cancelled but The CW execs decided to stick with it.

Unfortunately, the second season premiere drew just half of the viewership of the series debut some 10 months earlier. Year-to-year, Carrie Diaries dropped nearly 30% in the ratings. While expectations on Friday nights are lower, it seems viewership was just too low to justify the network ordering a third season.

The season (now series) finale aired on January 31st.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled? Would you have renewed it for a third season?

Ms.Snilley12 December 20, 2014 at 1:29 am

I am very upset about this series being canceled! This was the best show I have seen in a while! Though, I could not watch it on the nights it aired because of work. I always watched it online or recorded it! Please bring it back! I love it more than Sex and the City!!

-Ms.Smiley12

Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 11:00 pm

i’m brazilian and i absolutly loved the show!! I couldn’t contribute on the number of viewers because it wasn’t transmited on TV, so i had to watch it on the internet! i was sooooo disapointed when i heard it would be cancelled! i absolutely LOVE the 80s (and i’m only 15)! that was my show!! i really think the producers should bring it back!! i’m simply addicted to The Carrie Diaries!

Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 10:56 pm

i’m totally addicted to this series!! and i’m brazilian!!! it REALLY should be back!! i was sooo disapoited when i heard it was being cancelled! i was soo excited for the third season!! the producers really should bring it back! i love the 80s (and i’m only 15)! that was MY show! :(((

camila December 14, 2014 at 6:46 pm

i am really disappointed! i love the carrie diaries so much, in less than a month i watched all the seasons in netflix! please i need a third season!

Anon December 14, 2014 at 8:36 am

Everyone loved it at my school (year 9/10) and even older people such as my sister and her friends (20-21). everyone was endlessly talking about it, the only problem was, most people had to watch it online (illegally) because it wasn’t on a free tv program (on Australian TV), unless you had a paid TV service such as foxtel which I fortunately had. I personally thought it was becoming more and more popular, the more it progressed /:

Anonymous December 14, 2014 at 4:13 am

Bring it back! I love the show! Very disappointed that it will be no more!

Anonymous December 14, 2014 at 1:15 am

Not happy!! I just watched both seasons on Netflix unless than a week. Please please make season3!

Anonymous December 13, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I am so disappointed to hear the series has come to an end. I actually preferred the Carrie Diaries to the Sex and the City series. I am highly disappointed!