The Carrie Diaries: Cancelled, No Season Three

Carrie Diaries season twoIt’s time to say goodbye to Carrie Bradshaw again. The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled by The CW after two seasons and 26 episodes.

The Carrie Diaries follows the experiences of young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) as she grows into the New York writer we know from Sex and the City. Others in the cast include Lindsey Gort, Austin Butler, Katie Findlay, Brendan Dooling, Ellen Wong, Freema Agyeman, Stefania Owen, Matt Letscher, and Chloe Bridges.

The series debuted early last year to a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.61 million viewers. The ratings went up and down over the course of the season and the show could have easily been cancelled but The CW execs decided to stick with it.

Unfortunately, the second season premiere drew just half of the viewership of the series debut some 10 months earlier. Year-to-year, Carrie Diaries dropped nearly 30% in the ratings. While expectations on Friday nights are lower, it seems viewership was just too low to justify the network ordering a third season.

The season (now series) finale aired on January 31st.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that The Carrie Diaries has been cancelled? Would you have renewed it for a third season?

saeed July 23, 2014 at 12:20 am

This really sucks! I just started watching carrier diaries a week ago & i already finished both seasons. All my friends told me how great it was im literally addicted to this series i just wish they didnt cancel it this really sucks now im going to be so bored without it. I HATE “CW”.

natali July 18, 2014 at 11:21 pm

im so sad….. hope this is a joke, the carrie diaries must keep making seasons!!! it was hard enough to say goodbye to SATC, bring TCD back please

SA July 15, 2014 at 6:37 am

im so sad.i loved that show.it was very good i still cant believe that it is cancelled.i hate The CW right now !!! Omg im crying please bring it back !!!!!

Lisa July 14, 2014 at 1:38 am

I love The Carrie Diaries, I just found out about it from my friends 10 year old daughter and watched the entire 1st season in a week. Icant find how I can see the 2nd full season yet. I didn’t even know this existed, but I love it! Will it be on Netflix?! Bummer it was canceled… I’m 32 btw and would love to see it back. Maybe with more advertising or a different day of the week.
Thanks!
Lisa

Tani July 11, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Im going to cry myself to sleep every night knowing that i will never beable to see a new episode of Carrie diaries again……i should make a petition and see how many people would sign it…..CW is on my hate list for cancelling now!!!

Tamara July 17, 2014 at 12:28 am

I am so upset! I found this site that has a petition started. I signed it. I hope it will help!

Tamara July 17, 2014 at 12:29 am