Drop Dead Diva: Lifetime Series Ending Again

THR reports that Drop Dead Diva will end after the upcoming sixth season. The final 13 episodes will start airing on Sunday, March 23rd. Guests will include Rick Springfield, S. Epatha Merkerson, John Ratzenberger, Corbin Bleu, Colin Egglesfield, Virginia Williams and Jay DeMarcus.

Starring Brooke Elliott, Drop Dead Diva revolves around a self-centered model who dies and then returns to life as an attorney. Others in the cast include Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Lex Medlin, and Justin Deeley.

Produced by Sony Pictures Television, the show was canceled when Lifetime and the studio couldn’t come to a deal for season five. A few months later, the series was resurrected with a more cost-effective agreement.

It was later renewed for a sixth season but ratings have been on the decline. The fourth season averaged 2.3 million viewers but season five fell to under two million.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Drop Dead Diva is ending again? Would you like to see it continue or is it time for the show to finish for good?

angie July 31, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I love this show. I don’t want it to end. The only shows on tv now are reality shows, which, I HATE. I have seen every episode and love every member on the show. It funny and meaningful at the same time. I learn alot from this show, not just learning about law but also about compassion and the images that people see themselves in. Its not about the person on the outside that matters but its about the person on the inside that is important. This show makes you think about life and how much you need to appreciate the people in your life because they could be gone tomorrow and you never really get a second chance to show them how much you care. LOVE THIS SHOW, PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!

melinda July 30, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Please bring it back I love this show

Barbara July 30, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Bring it back!

SW July 13, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I am so saddened that this show is ending. All thats on anymore is reality shows and I’m sick of them. Please keep this show on.

lynn July 9, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I love this show – it is great entertainment instead of another show about killings, etc.
Jane has become the best of both people and it is funny and heart warming. I really want to see it stay on please please please!

Annonomous July 6, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Loved the show & so did a few other ppl I know. However, it’s already been canceled do not sure writing will do anything.

MAMAPUNK June 26, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I love this show, but absolutely HATED the last episode! It’s like the writers just gave up on making an interesting story. Very lame. It would be nice to see it continue just to erase the bad taste in my mouth !

Vivian Collins June 25, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Good grief! Every time I get a show I like some executive on tv decides it is going to end. Frankly I am getting a little tired of it! I really like the show! It actually has some decent episodes and is not just centered on the “Vapid” model as they have printed. I raises some good points about relationships They are stupid if it ends. Especially where it is now!

stacey June 24, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I love this show. I can’t believe they cancelled it.

Christine June 24, 2014 at 11:30 am