Gang Related: Cancelled by FOX; No Season Two

Gang Related TV show on FOX canceled, no season 2As expected, there won’t be a second season for Gang Related. FOX has cancelled the summer cop drama after one season of 13 episodes.

On Gang Related, a police detective (Ramon Rodriguez) is torn between his allegiance to his job and co-workers and the gang and crime family that raised him. The cast also includes Terry O’Quinn, RZA, Jay Hernandez, Sung Kang, Inbar Lavi, Cliff Curtis, and Shantel VanSanten.

Would you have watched season two of Gang Related?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The series debuted at the end of May to a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.94 million viewers.

That was a poor showing right out of the gate and the ratings got even worse as the weeks progressed.

It ended up being one of FOX’s worst-performing summer series. Despite having a small but loyal audience, it was expected that the network would cancel the show.

The final episode, which aired August 14th, left plenty of things unresolved.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Gang Related was cancelled? Would you have watched a second season? Would you watch a second season on another channel?

kostis December 19, 2014 at 8:15 am

To FOX: Are you serious? This show is a keeper!
To any channel: Pick it up. This can be one of the best shows! We got hooked it evolved greatly! Read the continuous comments through months people open your eyes! We want it back do not search for new shows when this one has so many people hooked!

quoc December 19, 2014 at 2:17 am

make season 2 plzzz

Losone December 18, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I can’t believe that this show was cancelled. I was expecting season two to just as good as the first. The shows script/cast fit well together. I was anticipating season two thanks FOX for the huge let down. Huge disappointment on FOX network

Jason December 17, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I loved this show & can’t believe they’re not doing a second season!

Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 12:56 pm

FOX Please bring it back!!! I agree, I started watching the show late because lack of marketing but I LOOVVEE the show and anxious to know what all unfolds. I discovered the show on HuLu and became engulfed. Now I’m just disappointed.- Sad face.

Henry Martinez December 16, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Very disappointed, bring it back!!

Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 8:50 pm

its just because every fucking scence is real about what is happening
with the government the police the gang

im in with the gangs fuck the police

a bad cop is a good cop yea somtimes when he is valuble for some reason

jordan. December 16, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Very disappointed that there wont be a second series. Thoroughly enjoyed the story line, as did my friends and family. Stuff you fox.

Charlie Ojeda December 16, 2014 at 6:56 am

I really don’t understand why they cancelled the series. It was awesome. Should give it a second run. I’m sure the ratings will improve. Alot of people started watching it late. Bring it back FOX….

Ellen December 17, 2014 at 5:42 am

The show was very special , stood out from other crime shows, great cast and great script please bring it back FOX… we started watching it late season 2 will do better

Anonymous December 15, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Y’all suck this show was good keep the minority down but law and order sucks and is still on

JayR December 14, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Any show that is not full of white, anglo-Saxons are always cut. You can count on one hand how many black shows survive . Even less Latino series survive. Gang Related was a great show with a bunch of great actors, and they still couldn’t make the cut. Not enough white faces or too many Latinos in one place….whatever the reason, it’s a shame. Very unfortunate. We’ll miss the show & all the beautiful Latino faces.

Anonymous December 15, 2014 at 8:59 am

Amen to that…its really a big shame that they cancelled it…Please bring it back

J√°vier December 16, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Don’t blame it on not being full of white Anglo-Saxons. If not enough people watch it then it’s cancelled. A show can’t always rely on its actors or script sometimes it just need a bit of luck, which this one obviously didn’t get. Too bad. I have enjoyed watching the show a lot but I can’t say that it stands out or is something special. Surely you’ll have to agree with me on that last part.

Ellen December 17, 2014 at 5:37 am

it was different, new and fresh…. great actors, great script … it just wasn’t well marketed…. bring it back and invest in the marketing IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lulu December 14, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Dang it I’m so upset about this my family and I loved this show. We were just checking dates to when it would return and we just saw it was cancelled. Ugh soooooooooo√∂ annoyed about this news

NIKOS NIKOLAOU December 13, 2014 at 8:28 am

BRING IT BACK. IT IS A VERY NICE SHOW.

Rose December 13, 2014 at 12:30 am

Exactly why I don’t like watching new television serious. The shows I enjoy the networks always take them off the air. Ugh