Gang Related: Cancelled by FOX; No Season Two

Gang Related TV show on FOX canceled, no season 2As expected, there won’t be a second season for Gang Related. FOX has cancelled the summer cop drama after one season of 13 episodes.

On Gang Related, a police detective (Ramon Rodriguez) is torn between his allegiance to his job and co-workers and the gang and crime family that raised him. The cast also includes Terry O’Quinn, RZA, Jay Hernandez, Sung Kang, Inbar Lavi, Cliff Curtis, and Shantel VanSanten.

Would you have watched season two of Gang Related?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The series debuted at the end of May to a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.94 million viewers.

That was a poor showing right out of the gate and the ratings got even worse as the weeks progressed.

It ended up being one of FOX’s worst-performing summer series. Despite having a small but loyal audience, it was expected that the network would cancel the show.

The final episode, which aired August 14th, left plenty of things unresolved.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Gang Related was cancelled? Would you have watched a second season? Would you watch a second season on another channel?

Canceled and renewed TV show

878 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tania says

Please consider bringing back the show. I’ve been waiting to see if it will come back it was very interesting me and my husband want to continue watching the next season please bring it back

2. Megan says

Very disappointed and heartbroken when this show was cancelled. It was one of my favorite shows! I wish it would come back. It’s was a brilliant show and I was looking forward to where it was headed. it would be awesome if a network brought this series back. Keeping fingers crossed!

3. matt says

ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS……F… them all, so sick of them doing this every season…..they pump us up on their new shows, then rarely do we get a second season …..TNT, AMC, USA, FX are doing it right…they let shows develop followings

4. Kelly says

PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK! We loved it! How did it not do well?? Even if another channel aired it. FOX is crazy, how was it the worst series?

5. Kim says

I kept asking my husband, When is Gang Related coming back on? He says I don’t know. I finally look it up online to my surprise it’s been cancelled. My husband and I couldn’t wait for the episode. We watched faithfully every week. Please BRING IT BACK!

6. DeAnna says

Me and my husband have watched every episode of season 1. We have been waiting for season 2 to start. And I just looked up to see when it would be on, and when I read the news it won’t be on for season 2, I can’t believe it was cancelled. We are huge fans of this show. I can’t believe it is cancelled. Please reconsider this show is so Awsome we were bummed when we had to wait a whole week until the next show. AGAIN PLEASE, PLEASE BRING IT BACK. SINCERLY HUGE FANS. Chris and DeAnna

7. Osman from kenya says

How we wish for the continuation of this mavelous series. We from Africa dont see anything bad or the so called demographic. It is a nice/worth piece of series. The unrelsoved patterns wood up to the second season. Please consider airing it.
    Thank you.