Lost Girl: Cancelled, Ending with Season Five

Lost Girl TV show on Syfy canceledThe end is in sight for Syfy‘s Lost Girl series. The upcoming fifth season will be the show’s last. Star Anna Silk announced the news to fans via Twitter and YouTube.

Silk told EW that, “Honestly, I thought we might get one more, but I knew that this could be the last season… It’s time, in a way. In terms of the story, I think we could have done another. But I’m happy that we’re saying goodbye in a particularly strong season, and I’m pleased that we’re gonna go out with a bang.”

On the positive side, the producers of Lost Girl learned that the series wasn’t being renewed for a sixth season early enough so that they could make a true series finale.

Here’s the video announcement:

There are 16 episodes in season five and the first eight will air in Canada starting December 7th. Syfy has yet to announce an airdate — or to officially announce that they will air the fifth season. It’s almost guaranteed that they will, it’s just a question of when.

Here’s the press release about the series ending from Showcase in Canada:

SHOWCASE ANNOUNCES THE EPIC FINAL SEASON OF LOST GIRL

TORONTO, August 25, 2014 – Today, Showcase revealed that the previously announced fifth season of Lost Girl will wrap up the fan-favourite series. In a message to the show’s loyal “Fae”-natics, Lost Girl star Anna Silk revealed that Showcase supersized the original 13-episode order to 16 final episodes bringing the series to a thrilling conclusion. The season is split into two heart-stopping parts, with the first eight episodes airing Sundays at 9pm ET/PT on Showcase, beginning December 7.

“The massive popularity of Lost Girl is a testament to the inventive and hard-working team at Prodigy Pictures, the magnetic and talented cast and the most devoted and passionate fan base in Canadian television,” said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice President, Content, Shaw Media. “We’re so proud that Showcase has been the home to this landmark series and we look forward to sharing these final 16 episodes with the show’s fans.”

“It’s been an absolute honour playing Bo, and I’m looking forward to seeing where her personal journey leads her this season,” said Lost Girl star Anna Silk.

“Lost Girl has been an incredible ride. We’re so proud to have delivered a show with the groundbreaking message that you can live the life you choose,” said Executive Producer Jay Firestone.

Lost Girl follows supernatural seductress Bo (Silk), a tough yet loveable Succubus who feeds off sexual energy. Since realizing she is part of the Fae, creatures of legend and folklore who live among humans, Bo has resisted choosing an allegiance to either the Dark or Light Fae clans. Instead, she has forged her own path between the human and Fae worlds, while embarking on a mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.

In the blow-out final season, Bo goes to hell and back to try to save the people she loves, triggering an explosive chain of events that play out over the exhilarating final episodes.

Lost Girl was developed by Prodigy Pictures, in association with Shaw Media and Showcase. Executive Producers are Jay Firestone, Vanessa Piazza and Michael Grassi.

Lost Girl is produced with the participation of the Canadian Media Fund created by the Government of Canada and the Canadian cable industry, and with the assistance of the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit and the Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit Program.

What do you think? Do you like the Lost Girl series? Is it time to end the show or should it have been renewed for a sixth season?

Monique April 5, 2015 at 9:12 pm

I really love Lost Girl, I came across it years ago and been hook every since then. I watch and rewatched over and over again. I was so excited that I finish season 5 and couldn’t wait for season 6. Now I just found out there won’t be no more lost girl, I’m very disappointed and sad that they will end the show so early. I love all the characters, actress and actors in the show and I wish they continue on with the seasons. They will always had million of fans including me.

Lora March 30, 2015 at 6:03 pm

I love Lost Girl … They should keep it. Better than Haven for sure.

Penny Askay February 27, 2015 at 10:49 am

I am still waiting for the air date of the final season. What is the hold up? I am not happy that they are canceling this series but I would at least like to see the final season. At least five us that much. It doesn’t make any since to cancel such a popular series anyway. so the least you could do is give us the final season in a timely manner.

Ichidono March 5, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Hah, do you think the SYFY channel cares about what it’s viewers want. The network has been going down the toilet for a while now, I used to love the network but not anymore. They cancel a great show like this only to make another radioactive tornado, robot shark, giant spider, movie.

Penny Askay March 6, 2015 at 6:58 pm

i do not think they care what we think. they have just posted that the final season of Lost Girl will air on april 17. i have been sending them emails for months with no response on anything. i really love this show and they have canceled it out of the blue. it would be different if that is what the actors wanted, but they were just as surprised as we were. you hit the nail on the head when you said they are putting on stupid stuff like robot sharks etc. after the final episodes of of Lost Girl i will no longer watch this channel.

Debbie March 29, 2015 at 11:27 pm

You are aware that Lost Girl is a CANADIAN television show, don’t you? It is produced by the Showcase network and is also broadcasted on the SyFy channel in America.
The SyFy channel has no say in if they keep the show or not.

Renee February 27, 2015 at 12:41 am

I’m gonna miss it I loved the show never realized that was the last of the series in 5. The way they ended left it in limbo for Lynsey

curtis( vital one ) sloane February 17, 2015 at 2:57 am

i really love the show,,,every character is electric and mind blowing work ethic!
i would really love the show to keep climbing fer more seasons,,,,,,but i guess whats done is done……….i really love kenzi, she brings the house down as a human,,,,i really think they should bring back a lot of the previos fae characters fer the finale . both light and dark should team up,,,,,,and i hope they bring back more ancients ta really have a grindhouse epic ending,,,,,,and lstly i wanna see the morrigan ta get her game back and truly lead the dark fae into battle fer there race of the fae,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and final we just gotta see bos mom come back in an really use her powers on hades,,,,,,
I CANT WAIT FER THE LAST EIGHT EPISODES,,,,,,,,,ITS DRIVIN ME LIVID!
also check out my website surrounding creative expression from the vitality network inc. peace!

joanne cosenza February 16, 2015 at 8:30 pm

love this series please continue the show. i so look forward watching every episode

Victoria February 14, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Omg I love lost girl nn I am dieing for the rest of season 5 to come back

jessy February 13, 2015 at 4:36 am

i dont want the show to end up.. please release season 6. i miss the show so so so….. very much.. please please.. dont stop the show.. i miss Bo (Anna silk) so much.. P.S : please bring back Kenzi (Ksenia Solo).. i have never missed an episode.. i could watch it all day.. please bring the gang back.. :(

Penny February 13, 2015 at 10:32 am

Please bring back Lost Girl. This was my favorite show ever! I do not want to see it go by the waste side. It is far to awesome a series for it to end so soon.

malcolm February 12, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Love lost girl pls keep the show on or another network should pick it up