Royal Pains: Season Six Ratings

Royal Pains TV show on USA: season six ratingsThe ratings for Royal Pains have been going down for awhile. Will they continue to fall or will they start to rebound this summer? Will this USA show be cancelled after six years or, will it be renewed for a seventh season instead? Stay tuned to find out.

Royal Pains follows the continuing adventures of a former ER doctor (Mark Feuerstein) from New York who, along with his younger brother (Paulo Costanzo), runs a concierge doctor business in The Hamptons. The show’s cast includes Reshma Shetty, Brooke D’Orsay, Campbell Scott, and Ben Shenkman.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

11/5 update: The show has been renewed for shortened seasons seven and eight.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.02 million total viewers.

Reference point: Season five of Royal Pains averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.54 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Royal Pains TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a seventh season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

100 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Linda DeLaney says

If you keep moving the times around and no one knows where and when its on …it’s bound to loose ratings. It’s one of the best and for some dumb reason they pull the good ones????

2. Mary jo says

I love this show…it is one of my favorite shows and I look forward to watching it….I always record it so I don’t miss an episode….please keep it going…

3. Kimbley says

This is a great show I love it and wondered why it hadn’t been on. Its sad that unless the show has people disrespecting, stealing or killing each other then its not a hit. This is a show that I can watch with my family and not have to be so worried about how it will affect my family. I think the world would be a much better place if we had more shows with substance. Please USA bring them back for a 9th season!!!!!!

4. jean says

A truly dependable show. I could always tune in & know it was going to be entertaining, often uplifting and informing on how we think and work together both as a family and as people. Especially when it comes to our health and well being. So many medical shows are all rush and maihem. It was a reprieve from all of that rush and expected chaos on all medical shows today. So yes, I welcome it back for another turn or two and I will sit down with each episode and remember when television was really about relaxing for the evening after a long day to enjoy your favorite show.

• Michele says

I can’t wait for season 7 to be on Netflix so I can watch it. I love this show and it is so relaxing for me. It’s my secret escape to the Hamptons!

• Stephie59 says

Jean I couldn’t say it better myself. I love Royal Pains, and when you’re sitting and watching it, you feel so relaxed. It’s enjoyable and you also learn something at the same time. I love all the characters and I really wish we could get a couple more seasons. I mean, it’s only 10 eps per year, so why can’t they just leave it be and don’t remove it. It’s a wonderful, wonderful show and I love it.

5. MTM says

I hope ROYAL PAINS continues to renew their contract for several more seasoins. I enjoy this show so much! It is so bright and cheerful! Love the Hamptons!!

6. Hank says

Royal Pains appeals to those who have some semblance of intelligence, unlike “Here comes Honey Boo Boo”, or “Real Wives of some city”.
    Just because it doesn’t appeal to the masses of the 16-29 age group, is not a reason to drop a show. There are people 30-85 that should be considered.
    A few good shows that were dropped, “10-8”, “Trauma”, “Harry’s Law” ( with Kathy Bates ), “Longmire”, and others …. are educational as well as entertaining.
    …dropped because the young apparently didn’t get it.
    Royal Pains can still go in other directions to keep it fresh and interesting. Having multiple personalities and story lines always makes a show more interesting, and successful, … look at “Mash”.
    Hank H.
    Detroit area

• Kimbley says

Yeaaah what about us?????? Bring back Tucker and his cute little friend for the young folk. This a great show I tune in every week and I love Divya and Paige wardrobes always on point, oh and the men are not to shabby themselves!!!!!!! Two Thumbs Up Always!!!!!!!

7. Ruth says

It was a good show. But I think it’s had its run. Continuing it now is just over doing it. Leave it go while it’s still good instead of taking it to the point where ppl are sick of it.

8. ruth says

I liked the royal pains show. It was light hearted n caring. Something different from the murder n pain most of the other shows are now. The actors melded together great. I looked forward to my Wednesday nights for the show