Royal Pains: Season Six Ratings

Royal Pains TV show on USA: season six ratingsThe ratings for Royal Pains have been going down for awhile. Will they continue to fall or will they start to rebound this summer? Will this USA show be cancelled after six years or, will it be renewed for a seventh season instead? Stay tuned to find out.

Royal Pains follows the continuing adventures of a former ER doctor (Mark Feuerstein) from New York who, along with his younger brother (Paulo Costanzo), runs a concierge doctor business in The Hamptons. The show’s cast includes Reshma Shetty, Brooke D’Orsay, Campbell Scott, and Ben Shenkman.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

11/5 update: The show has been renewed for shortened seasons seven and eight.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.02 million total viewers.

Reference point: Season five of Royal Pains averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.54 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Royal Pains TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a seventh season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

jean May 19, 2015 at 3:33 am

A truly dependable show. I could always tune in & know it was going to be entertaining, often uplifting and informing on how we think and work together both as a family and as people. Especially when it comes to our health and well being. So many medical shows are all rush and maihem. It was a reprieve from all of that rush and expected chaos on all medical shows today. So yes, I welcome it back for another turn or two and I will sit down with each episode and remember when television was really about relaxing for the evening after a long day to enjoy your favorite show.

Michele May 19, 2015 at 11:03 am

I can’t wait for season 7 to be on Netflix so I can watch it. I love this show and it is so relaxing for me. It’s my secret escape to the Hamptons!

Stephie59 May 20, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Jean I couldn’t say it better myself. I love Royal Pains, and when you’re sitting and watching it, you feel so relaxed. It’s enjoyable and you also learn something at the same time. I love all the characters and I really wish we could get a couple more seasons. I mean, it’s only 10 eps per year, so why can’t they just leave it be and don’t remove it. It’s a wonderful, wonderful show and I love it.

MTM May 13, 2015 at 6:48 pm

I hope ROYAL PAINS continues to renew their contract for several more seasoins. I enjoy this show so much! It is so bright and cheerful! Love the Hamptons!!

Hank May 10, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Royal Pains appeals to those who have some semblance of intelligence, unlike “Here comes Honey Boo Boo”, or “Real Wives of some city”.
Just because it doesn’t appeal to the masses of the 16-29 age group, is not a reason to drop a show. There are people 30-85 that should be considered.
A few good shows that were dropped, “10-8″, “Trauma”, “Harry’s Law” ( with Kathy Bates ), “Longmire”, and others …. are educational as well as entertaining.
…dropped because the young apparently didn’t get it.
Royal Pains can still go in other directions to keep it fresh and interesting. Having multiple personalities and story lines always makes a show more interesting, and successful, … look at “Mash”.
Hank H.
Detroit area

Jo King April 13, 2015 at 8:52 pm

I like this show. It’s like a little breath of fresh air among all the rest of the programing.

Ruth April 13, 2015 at 12:12 am

It was a good show. But I think it’s had its run. Continuing it now is just over doing it. Leave it go while it’s still good instead of taking it to the point where ppl are sick of it.

ruth April 11, 2015 at 10:44 am

I liked the royal pains show. It was light hearted n caring. Something different from the murder n pain most of the other shows are now. The actors melded together great. I looked forward to my Wednesday nights for the show

nancy estes April 11, 2015 at 12:04 am

I love royal pains.
I think it should definitely continue.

debbie April 10, 2015 at 8:05 am

keep it on

KT March 26, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Love the show. Please bring it back. Thanks

sue March 16, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Cute shoe, fun to watch. Keep it!