The Hard Times of RJ Berger: Will There Be a Season Three?

Hard Times of RJ Berger season 3There’s no word on whether or not The Hard Times of RJ Berger will be back for a third season yet but actress Kara Taitz, who plays Lily on the MTV series is hopeful. She recently told Zap2It that the season two finale will have a cliffhanger that will leave the audience wanting more.

She said, “I know that last season we didn’t hear ’til around now, or a little bit after. So I don’t know what it means or doesn’t mean that we haven’t heard yet… but I think we need a third season. I think the story, as you see it go into that cliffhanger mode, needs to continue to be told. Hopefully MTV agrees.”

She teases that the cliffhanger will affect everyone, saying, “There’s a few things that happen that are gonna be really fun and we’re really gonna want this story to continue, I think. It involves every character really, and it’s definitely going to push the show to new places, which could be really exciting for us.”

How cable channels decide on what to renew or cancel is a little harder to predict than the regular networks. Season one of Hard Times averaged 1.04 million and a 0.33 rating in the 18-49 demographic. This season has averaged about the same number of viewers but the demo has risen to a 0.4 rating.

The only downside seems to be that viewership has hit series lows over the past few episodes. That may make MTV execs a little nervous to commit to another season. We’ll have to wait and see.

The final two episodes of the season (possibly of the series) — “Steamy Surprise” and “The Better Man” — will air together on May 30th.

What do you think? Would you like to see a third season of The Hard Times of RJ Berger?

Anonymous March 9, 2014 at 6:38 am
Anonymous September 6, 2013 at 2:07 am

Oh come on man the hard times of rj berger is best comedie serie i have ever seen and honestly all of those reality shows you prefer are boring come on please give the audience who really know about a good show a third season

why don't have the season 3 August 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm

IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE BRING BACK THE HARDTIMES OF RJ BERGER THANKS YOU

tyler May 2, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Bring my show back assholes. Who cares tht ppl don’t watch I watch it and I wanna see more.

Anonymous July 29, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Exactly, bro!!

Anonymous September 7, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Hahahaha

Debbie April 24, 2013 at 7:13 pm

I really think y’all should make a 3rd season. I really like season one and two. It keeps you wanting to watch more and more after each episode.

Scot April 11, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I agree, I must say I was sceptical at first, but after the first episode I was HOOKED ! ABSOLUTLEY brilliant series. Very funny on so many levels, couldn’t wait to see thd next episode, now you’ve canceled the third series ? I mean come guys ? Stop showing all these reality shmality crap ! BORING, seen it all before ! Hard times was fresh new and Hilarious. Take a bold leap into now and make the third series.

Emmanuel July 28, 2013 at 9:37 am

Honestly , people stopped watching bechuz thee Last 5 episodes were about Rj meeting Amy and honestly that was thee turning point for thee season- ending series …. Jenny was millionx better looking then Amy and for rj berger to end thee relationship soo fast had a toll on people soo it was like no-one really wanted to watch like that , but season three rj berger has lily gets a abortion and goes out with jenny again she clearly has feelings for him and Rj threahtens max secret life about him being gay , anyways theey should make rj berger and jenny have a longerrr realtionship to make season 3 excellent soo they came produce more season til’ they finally say we have to end it.

Anonymous March 9, 2014 at 6:05 am

I really think that the relationship with Amy was somthing to longen the Season and make a season 3… his parents breaking up was also unecessairy… The 3rd season wouldve had much more viewers, because the 3rd season would have been about the original target of the show again (Swanson and Berger) and everything wouldve ended smoothely … Max would have come out the baby abortet or smth…. Jenny Swanson wouldve been finally open for RJ and thats it … but no MTV has to think the 3rd season wont be better … kinda depressing :(

mike March 23, 2013 at 11:44 pm

TURN MY SOW BACK ON

IDK March 23, 2013 at 11:41 pm

SCREW U MTV MY FAVORITE IS GONE BECAUSE OF U STOP KEEPING ON STUPIS ASS SHOWS LIKE TEEN MOM AND REPLACE THAT SHIT WITH THE HARD TIMES OF RJ BERGER PLEASE

Anonymous March 23, 2013 at 11:36 pm