We can tell this is the the good place, because good things are happening. NBC has renewed The Good Place TV show for a fourth season. The Peacock Network broke the season four renewal news on social media. The announcement notes that the episode count is still to be determined, which does make us wonder if The Good Place is being renewed for a fourth and final season, but let’s not jump the gun. Instead, check out the posts, below.
An NBC sitcom, The Good Place stars Kristen Bell, Ted Danson, William Jackson Harper, Jameela Jamil, Manny Jacinto, and D’Arcy Carden. Kirby Howell-Baptiste recurs in season three. The series centers on Eleanor Shellstrop (Bell) who, after dying, mistakenly ends up in The Good Place — instead of The Bad Place — where she truly belongs. Along with fellow lost souls, indecisive philosopher Chidi Anagonye (Harper), shallow socialite Tahani Al-Jamil (Jamil), and blundering Blake Bortles super-fan, Jason Mendoza (Jacinto), Eleanor tries to find the good person within. The third season finds “Team Cockroach” back on earth, taking a second chance at leading better lives.
The Good Place: A Look at the Ratings
The third season of The Good Place is averaging a 0.87 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.83 million viewers. Compared to season two, that’s down by 24% and 27%, respectively. Compare its standing to the other NBC TV shows we are tracking.
Check out The Good Place renewal announcements.
Grateful 4 another season with these 4king guys. Soul Squad 4ever! #TheGoodPlace pic.twitter.com/4AvjhxYSVs
— Ted Danson (@TedDanson) December 4, 2018
Here’s the NBC press release.
- NBC has picked up a fourth season of its popular and critically acclaimed Thursday night comedy “The Good Place.” The episode order is yet to be determined.
- “The Good Place” stars Ted Danson, Kristen Bell, William Jackson Harper, Jameela Jamil, Manny Jacinto and D’Arcy Carden. Michael Schur, David Miner, Morgan Sackett and Drew Goddard executive produce.
- “The Good Place” is produced by Universal Television, Fremulon and 3 Arts Entertainment.
- “Congratulations to Mike Schur and an exceptional cast and crew, all of whom collaborate to create a thoughtful, mind-bending and hysterical series unlike anything else on television,” said Tracey Pakosta and Lisa Katz, Co-Presidents, Scripted Programming, NBC Entertainment. “We can’t wait to see what unexpected stories the new season will bring.”
- Critics have raved about the first three seasons of “The Good Place.” The New York Times says it’s “the best sitcom on TV,” TVLine calls it the “#1 comedy on television” and Vanity Fair adds, “‘The Good Place’ remains the brightest beacon of light currently on television.”
- Season to date “The Good Place is averaging a 1.6 rating in adults 18-49 and 4.6 million viewers overall, according to “live plus seven day” figures from Nielsen Media Research. When 35 days of time-shifting and projected digital viewership is added, the show’s 18-49 rating grows to a 3.65.
- “The Good Place” also delivers the most highly educated audience among primetime Big 4 series this season, indexing at a 155 among adults 18-49 with four or more years of college (with 100 representing an average concentration of those viewers).
- “The Good Place” is currently nominated for a Humanitas Prize Award in the 30-Minute Comedy Category and earlier this year the show was awarded with the TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy.
- Ted Danson was Emmy Award-nominated for his role as Michael, breaking the record number of nominations in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series category. He also took home the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series.
What do you think? Are you a fan of The Good Place TV series? Do you expect it will end with the fifth season, or can this NBC TV show continue beyond that? Let us know, below.
Still a lovely show and I’m a fan, hoping it’ll be back for a few more years. Keep it coming!
LOVE this show. Too cute, POSITIVE, Family Friendly, and a nice bright spot in one’s day. Keep ‘um coming!
I’m actually a little surprised it got renewed. I’m still watching the show but I don’t find it as good as the first 2 seasons. Maybe season 4 is a final season and they can end this thing.
I agree with you. It seems to have gone off the rails. Actually, when the storyline changed to their being in the bad place, I figured it would go downhill. I don’t think I’m going to watch it anymore.
I disagree. This show with all its twists have deeper meanings than meets the eye. It’s funny and quirky and still brings the viewer to think about Afterlife.