It’s a super day for Superstore! NBC just announced they’ve renewed the TV show for a fifth season.
The comedy series centers on the diverse employees at a super-sized megastore called Cloud 9. The cast includes America Ferrera, Ben Feldman, Colton Dunn, Nico Santos, Nichole Bloom, Mark McKinney, and Lauren Ash.
It’s not that surprising NBC has renewed Superstore. The show’s ratings have been consistently good for nearly four seasons now, with the current season averaging a .86 rating in the 18-49 demo and 3.168 million viewers.
Season four of Superstore returns to NBC on March 7th at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Read more info below:
- NBC has renewed its critically applauded comedy “Superstore” for a fifth season.
- Season to date “Superstore” is averaging a 1.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 4.4 million viewers overall in “live plus seven day” Nielsens in the highly competitive Thursday 8-8:30 p.m. timeslot versus such rival programming as “The Big Bang Theory,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and NFL “Thursday Night Football.” Delayed viewing boosts “Superstore’s” next-day 0.85 rating in adults 18-49 by +154% to a 2.16 after seven days of linear and digital viewership.
- “Superstore” is one of the most potent digital performers on the NBC schedule, deriving 44% of its “live plus seven day plus digital” rating in adults 18-49 from non-linear sources, the second biggest percentage on the NBC schedule behind only “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.”
- “Week after week Justin Spitzer, our amazing writers, and cast and crew masterfully deliver a comedy that not only makes us laugh but speaks to the larger issues of the day,” said Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta, Co-Presidents of Scripted Programming, NBC Entertainment.
- “Superstore” returns to the NBC lineup this Thursday, March 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
- Superstore” was created by Justin Spitzer, who serves as an executive producer with director Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad, Gabe Miller & Jonathan Green and Jackie Clarke.
- “Superstore” is produced by Universal Television in association with the Spitzer Holding Company and The District.”
What do you think? Do you watch Superstore? Are you glad it’s coming back?