Are We There Yet?

Are We There Yet?Network: TBS
Episodes: Ongoing (half-hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 2, 2010 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Terry Crews, Essence Atkins, Teala Dunn, Coy Stewart, Christian Finnegan, Keesha Sharp, Ice Cube, and Telma Hopkins.

are we there yet? past TV show

TV show description:
This African-American sitcom is based on the Ice Cube feature film of the same name. It revolves around the everyday trials of the newly-blended Kingston-Persons family.

Nick Persons (Terry Crews) is a former athlete who has traded ownership of his sports memorabilia shop for a job in information technology. Nick sold the business to his best friend, Marty (Christian Finnegan), who’s single and enjoying life.

Suzanne Kingston (Essence Atkins) is a professional party-planner with two children from a previous relationship; 14-year-old daughter Lindsey (Teala Dunn) and 10-year-old son Kevin (Coy Stewart). Lindsey is a typical teen who loves spending time with her friends and using her cell phone. Kevin loves playing soccer and using technology and computers.

Gigi (Keesha Sharp) is Suzanne’s best friend and co-worker. She’s unattached and loves a good party. Suzanne’s brother, Terrence (Ice Cube), works for a private security firm and is overly protective of his only sister.

Nick and Suzanne have been married for just six months and all of the family members are trying to find their way in the new dynamic. The transition’s not made any easier by Marilyn Persons (Telma Hopkins), Nick’s mother, who’s very active and not crazy about her son obtaining an “instant family.”
space

ROBIN September 22, 2014 at 12:13 am

please bring this show back to day time tv. my family watched this everyday in the am and pm. Y would they take this show off day time tv. Does anyone not! enjoy watching clean comedy? this show helped me get through my day. i even watched every re-run. come on people. we have to fight for this show to stay on air! somebody help me! ice cube, nick, suzanne, gi gi, lindsey,kevin,marilyn and marty…i love u guys n im praying yall will stay on air!!!!!

James Strickland March 19, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Yes, please bring “Are We There Yet” back with all the original cast with new shows. My wife and I watch it every day here in Orlando at 1:00 p.m.

Jonnise smith March 17, 2014 at 1:34 am

My husband and I Love, Are We There Yet. It’s refreshing, funny and the humor is very clean. ALL the CHARACTERS are funny, that’s very rare in sitcom. I appreciate Ice Cube for giving us a funny family show.

ITSOPRAHSFAULT February 25, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Just watched the show where the son wanted to run for Class President and mom wanted to bake cupcakes and moms’ brother created a video that criticized and ran down his opponent (even though the son said none of the statements were true). Mom was unhappy and said this: “Obama wouldn’t do that”. This show was from 2012 and clearly
the Obama campaign made many derogatory and false statements about McCain and Palin. Will never watch that show again.

Jeannie February 1, 2014 at 9:59 am

I was watching the show ‘ ARE WE THERE YET ‘ = “THE RAT IN THE HOUSE EPISODE”. There was statement made by Essence Atkins and Keesha Sharp while sitting at the dining room table that I find extremely offensive.

” She didn’t want young actress Teala Dunn playing the role as Lindsey Kingston to be anything like Paris Hilton,Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan. You know ” WHITE WOMEN”.

Being a white female myself, I find nothing wrong with being white.
That comment is very RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can’t believe that a comment like that would be aired on a television show! I will never watch this show again! Young adults raising children in a world that is racist enough,does not need their children watching shows with such racist comments!!!!!!!!

Anonymous September 22, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I discovered this sitcom late in the game (only this year) and I’m so sorry I missed out. I agree with another comment that it’s much better than the movie it’s based on. I find the episodes to be relatable, HILARIOUS and cleverly written. Terry and Essence have great chemistry and are believable as a couple. The kids are adorable and proving to be fantastic little actors. I really enjoy the other cast personalities as well. In my humble opinion, this sitcom has been underestimated and I personally, would LOVE to see it continue in a more prime time block. I think it is as good as any contender (African-American sitcom or otherwise) currently on TV today.

Anonymous September 22, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Anonymous July 27, 2013 at 1:17 am

Love this show. Finally a family oriented show
That’s funny and typical of family life situations.
The kids can watch this with us without us worried
About content. Hope it lasts!

DJD May 26, 2013 at 2:15 pm

GOTTA KEEP IT GOING, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I can’t go without my daily repeats, I have withdrawal symptoms already with the end of the season! Please bring it back!

Mary March 15, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I enjoy this show alot. I try to catch it anytime I can. I think is very well written.

LA Hood January 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm

This a funny show I enjoy watching it.

Tha Critic December 6, 2011 at 5:17 pm

This show is WAAAAY better than the actual movies it’s based on.

AARON WARREN September 10, 2010 at 11:01 am

1st off not trying to affend anybody so with all do respect half these european american shows thats on today aint funny at all such as “how i met your mother” or “the big bang theory” their only on due to the majority of european american pull they have behind the curtain because as we all know its majority caucasion ruled so far as shows like “family matters” or “the fresh prince of bel-air” or “the cosby show” those shows were at a different time in life as where they had to break through the racial barriers and criticisms i mean hell look at “the cosby show” that was on channel 4 for God sakes and we all know channel 4 is white ruled and they hated it so much props to bill cosby so every since then they had to give us our on channels so we as blacks would never be that successful again on a white mans television channel and if you dont believe me just look at all the local channels vs the tbs and bet channel…hmmmm now you tell me, but so far as “are we there yet” it might not have been what most people had expected but neither was that “70s show “but people still gave them a chance, so in my conclusion all i can say is this…much props to ice cube keep doing your thing funny or not lets all as peolpe not seperated black from white but as one try to keep each other afloat and give each other a chance to blossom i mean hell we all waited our time with the former president bush for 8 years whats a year or two for shows thats not funny or ridiculous