Hannibal: Season Three for NBC TV Show

HannibalSoup’s on! NBC has decided to renew their low-rated Friday night series Hannibal for a third season.

Based on the Red Dragon novel by Thomas Harris, Hannibal revolves around the early relationship between FBI investigator Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), a forensic psychiatrist who becomes an infamous cannibalistic serial killer. Others in the cast of this thriller series include Caroline Dhavernas, Hettienne Park, Laurence Fishburne, Scott Thompson, and Aaron Abrams.

The series had poor ratings last season but the network brought it back for a second year anyway. The ratings have dropped even lower this time around (by 23% in the demo), making it the network’s lowest-rated scripted series. Still, it’s been renewed.

Word is that the show was likely renewed because of the unique deal that NBC has with the show’s studio. Under the deal, episodes of hannibal cost just $500,000 apiece, far lower than other network dramas.

What do you think? Are you a fan of this series? Are you glad it’s been renewed or should it have been cancelled instead?

justin July 14, 2014 at 8:54 am

love the show was very upset that they cancelled it I really wish they keped it going please bring it back

Amber July 13, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Thank goodness!!! Love this show!! It is the only TV show I found worth making time for.

Lisa July 11, 2014 at 7:20 pm

OMG I am so happy they renewed Hannibal for another season. MY entire family watches this show (14 and older that is) and we can’t get enough. It has everything drama, action, scare factor, and yes humor – dark humor at times but still humor.

THANK YOU NBC!!!!

Howard July 10, 2014 at 3:08 am

the best show……….mini series….whatever I have ever seen on tv!!!…….the finale=……im still reeling how unbelievably exciting and thrilling it was…..ya get how I feel about the show///I hope its renewed….if it isn’t…..oh well=I saw the greatest……

Lois July 4, 2014 at 6:21 pm

So glad it’s renewed. Love, love, love this show. Great acting. F-Ing awesome!

Jackie June 7, 2014 at 3:09 am

Love the show. So different from anything else . Great acting , story lines . Thanks to NBC for keeping on!

Miguel May 29, 2014 at 10:44 am

I’m glad the show got renewed. I love it.

Lorena May 28, 2014 at 11:26 pm

I love the show.. Glad their making a season 3!

Amanda May 27, 2014 at 10:04 am

I’m just happy it got renewed because it’s fudging Awesome :D

lisa May 26, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Thank God! I love this show. I think he should be advertised more. This show is unique and unlike any other show out there. I work nights and sometimes have to watch it on demand but I never miss and episode.

joanzie May 25, 2014 at 4:17 am

no i hate this show its gross and very disturbing they take all our good shows off so why didnt they take this one off very very bad didnt like it at all when it came on for the frist time 10 mins and i said this is disscuting

Yvonne Smith May 25, 2014 at 9:49 am

For those that find Hannibal disgusting, don’t watch it. It’s definitely not for the faint hearted. Hannibal is one of the most uniquely done shows I have ever watched. The music, the sounds, the colors, the scenes that are like visions, the interplay between the characters all combine to make this show truly remarkable. There’s so much mind play that goes on so you have to watch it very closely. I admit that I’m glad that ultimately Hannibal will get caught, but in the meantime, I love watching him outsmart them all, And the ending of the finale blew me out of the water!! I knew it wasn’t time for Will to catch him, but I was truly shocked at the final few scenes. And the end with the airplane scene, OMG!!!! So glad we get another season. So for people like Josie there are plenty of other shows to watch!

Sophie May 24, 2014 at 5:14 pm

I love this show for the unique episodes they have and the way they playin out. I need the third season!

Kevin May 18, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Was really scared, as it’s so low ratings, that NBC would not renew this… was away on vacation, and extra pleased that was renewed, regardless of why. I find this the most compelling work on network, or any, TV. Just excellent TV! Was a big fan of Pushing Daises, and think Bryan Fuller owns everything DEATH related! What a show! Very pleased! Thank you NBC, for whatever reason you renewed this excellent show…