Hannibal: Season Three for NBC TV Show

HannibalSoup’s on! NBC has decided to renew their low-rated Friday night series Hannibal for a third season.

Based on the Red Dragon novel by Thomas Harris, Hannibal revolves around the early relationship between FBI investigator Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), a forensic psychiatrist who becomes an infamous cannibalistic serial killer. Others in the cast of this thriller series include Caroline Dhavernas, Hettienne Park, Laurence Fishburne, Scott Thompson, and Aaron Abrams.

The series had poor ratings last season but the network brought it back for a second year anyway. The ratings have dropped even lower this time around (by 23% in the demo), making it the network’s lowest-rated scripted series. Still, it’s been renewed.

Word is that the show was likely renewed because of the unique deal that NBC has with the show’s studio. Under the deal, episodes of hannibal cost just $500,000 apiece, far lower than other network dramas.

What do you think? Are you a fan of this series? Are you glad it’s been renewed or should it have been cancelled instead?

Gene February 23, 2015 at 8:45 pm

GREAT show. Will go down like Star Trek and Serenity. Kudos to the casting director. Mads is the closest person to Mr. Hopkins that could be cast. Please keep it coming. Those meals look scrumptious.

Carlynn Grant February 22, 2015 at 1:18 pm

I don’t just love this show, it is a craving.. so well acted so well done so unpredictable. Finally a show worthy of ones ut-most attention. Get the popcorn.

Lil bill February 21, 2015 at 5:44 am

I love this show,great acting and it’s well written

LilMama Red February 8, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I love this show and I am glad it is returning. Maybe if more people knew about the show they would watch it. I thought it was cancelled since the third season didn’t begin with the rest, so I’m just grateful its gonna keep going. Thank u NBC, maybe this will be the year the ratings skyrocket.

Anonymous February 5, 2015 at 5:51 pm

I find this show gripping. The acting is outstanding, especially Mads the way he smirks, only so slightly, as Hannibal….spine tingling! The series is so well written. It’s hard to watch because it’s hard for me to fall asleep after the episodes. But, I can’t stop! Thanks for the creepy good times!

candi from maybee January 30, 2015 at 7:01 am

This show is out standing. Should be more like it. The actors are great. They are good and interesting. I have both seasons and I have watched them both back to back plus I watch both series on TV. The Hannial has such class and style. I love the ways he can hold himself together and no one suspects till the end and still get away with it. All the buildings, his office, his kitchen makes me want one. He can cook like out of this world even if it human meat. The dishes he lays out are magnificent. He walks with such style and grace. As for Will you could not have chosen a better actor. He was so believable when he was playing Hannibal into thinking he was serial killer. I am dying to see the new season. Hannibal was just as good as Anthony Hopkins as the original.