Merlin: Possible Season Six, Movie Trilogy

Merlin on Syfy sixth seasonAt Comic-Con in San Diego, Merlin co-creator and executive producer Johnny Capps shared that a trilogy of movies and a sixth season may be made.

He said, “We’re hopefully going to do a trilogy — three movies. We will focus on them when we finish season five.”

Capps continued, “One idea we’ve been playing around with is to reboot the whole series. We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn’t see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven’t decided that yet.”

He also noted that the possibility of a sixth season is still being discussed with the BBC.

BBC has ordered a fifth season of Merlin and those 13 episodes are still being produced. Syfy officially picked up season five and finished airing season four at the end of March.

What do you think? Are you hoping for a sixth season of Merlin? What do you think about the movies idea?

Brea July 24, 2014 at 12:53 am

I love Merlin so much. It’s the best show I’ve ever watched no other show compares to it. You should make 10 seasons and a book series please!

melissa July 17, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Please make a series 6 and hopefully a 7th,8th ……….
We love this show .

Heather hart July 15, 2014 at 10:16 pm

I love Merlin ever sence I started watching it I was hooked on it and I was exited to hear about Albion but we haven’t had a chance to hear about it or see it and I really want to see Arthur rule of Albion.

Susan June 28, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Yes season six seven raise arthur again

Mehdi June 20, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Please make a season 6 of Merlin it can’t end like it did

Type June 13, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Was a great show!!! Hopefully there is a season 6 coming back and a continuation

Dede April 29, 2014 at 12:47 am

So dissappointed that Merlin has been cancelled. My husband and I always looked forward to watching Merlin. Please bring it back and make a season 6.

yankuba nyassi April 18, 2014 at 9:48 pm

this is one of the best series movie I ever watch that keep me thinking , how .ll season be and am so longing to see that, therefore cancelling it will put all my morals and hopes down together with my family and friends. So I am appealing to you to continue on working on it.

Mickey April 7, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Just watched the last three episodes straight of season 5 on Netflix. Hoping that the BBC will reconsider make a season six….or least a three part movie. Great, Great show the cast was so Great together it’s hard to see it ending???? (Hint, Hint)

Katrina March 23, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Got a bunch of my friends hooked on it since it went on Netflix. It’s amazing the shows you miss when you have kids. I’m half way through season five and would love to see this continue indefinitely. Its a great show and would be very sad to see it end forever.

Katrina April 7, 2014 at 4:49 pm

replying to myself as for some reason my confirmation to subscribe to the comments doesn’t work…hope this works

Alison and Seth February 9, 2014 at 6:14 pm

We just want more Merlin!!! A six season would be great!! Seeing things we didn’t see sounds a little strange though…..

damith January 4, 2014 at 1:06 pm

we will hope to see merlin 6 soon as possible… it is not only touch one nation. this tv serious deeply touch lot of harts. Merlin live lot of nations in different countries,… Specialy Srilankans harts..Dont break our harts

barry conaway December 27, 2013 at 10:58 pm

My wife and I were very disappointed to hear of the cancellation. We couldn,t wait every January to be able to get the latest season of merlin. We think it is the best tv series in the United States and England. We would love to have a sixth season. We also would love to see a trilogy of merlin in the movies ( we are avid movie goers ). We are very excited about the idea of continuing the series with trilogy movies, and would be one of those at the theater on opening day. We hope you will decide to do both the sixth season and the trilogy movies; but we will be there to enjoy whatever you decide. Sincerely, Barry and Kathy Conaway PS. we’re from the United states ( Oregon )

Julina December 24, 2013 at 11:39 am