666 Park Avenue: Finale to Give Closure; Show Sees Ratings Boost

canceled 666 Park AvenueThough ABC has cancelled 666 Park Avenue, the executive producers say that the show is “is building to a powerful and surprising series finale, where all your questions will be answered. We hope fans of the show continue watching all the way to the end of Jane and Henry’s incredible journey to the dark side.”

The live ratings for 666 Park Avenue have been quite poor, the show sees a significant increase when factoring in the DVR data (live +7). November 4th’s episode rose 77%, from a 1.3 rating to a 2.3 demo.

The news frustrated star David Annable who tweeted, “Well this really sucks! You have to give shows time to grow! Nielsen is so outdated!.. We had the biggest movement of ANY show for the week 77% increase with the DVR ratings… I’m sorry but they f***ed up.”

666 Park Avenue TV show supportStill, this info’s not likely to lead ABC to reverse their decision about cancelling Park Avenue. Network president Paul Lee calls the DVR increase “amazing,” but it doesn’t change the live numbers. He said, “It’s wonderful to see the passion [these] shows have… We just have to make sure we monetize it.”

What do you think? Do you think loyal viewers will be satisfied by the last episode? Should the network’s place more importance on the DVR numbers?

Canceled and renewed TV show

59 Comments on "666 Park Avenue: Finale to Give Closure; Show Sees Ratings Boost"

Notify of

vonbeeck
vonbeeck
October 14, 2013 7:30 am

It was a great show abc. I usually ignore your shows do to the cheesyness if that’s a word. But this won made me a fan then you blew it.

Von
Von
April 25, 2013 11:20 am

I agree. I watch everything via DVR and hardly anything live anymore. I only have a 100 hours on my DVR and I find my self trying to keep up with my hours so that the show I have scheduled will record. The whole purpose of the DVR’s are to allow you to watch shows at your convenience. With this being said how could you possibly not consider the DVR’s? I like the show, I would like to see it come back.

Dawn
Dawn
January 23, 2013 1:35 am

I loved 666 Park Avenue. If you like a new show, make the time to watch it in it’s regular timeslot. Networks won’t take DVR viewings into account because you can fast forward through the comercials. Advertisers won’t pay for that. However, I do think they should count on-demand viewings since you can’t skip those commercials.

Pat
January 17, 2013 9:43 pm

666 Park Avenue Cancelled?! Really?! Everytime I get interested in a show, they cancel it.
Reality shows are so awful.

Terri
Terri
January 1, 2013 10:55 pm

This show is great!
Absolutely they should consider DVR’s. That’s the only way I can watch anything at all as I work prime time M-F!!!!!!!
Give the show a break and bring it back!

antonella
antonella
December 18, 2012 5:46 pm

I Really love this show!!! I am very disappointed that they are going to cancel it. So we will never now the end… and I agree with all the above comments

666 Fan
666 Fan
December 18, 2012 9:18 am

Love love love this show. It’s feels like I’m watching a thriller movie every episode. I’m so upset it’s cancelled. Obviously they don’t know a good when they’ve got it!

Nancy
December 11, 2012 3:53 pm

My husband and I DVR everything also because we absolutely HATE commercials! We don’t have to worry about actually being home at a set time to watch it live. This a great show and when I told my husband it was cancelled, he refused to watch anymore episodes for the last 2 wks cause he was so bummed!! ABC should really re-consider this dumb move. Give it chance to work out. The series Lost took a while to catch on and loved that show but hated the ending.

Marcy
Marcy
December 8, 2012 3:27 pm

666 is such a good show. I can not believe that it is being canceled. Such a bummer! I LOVE THIS SHOW! All these reality crap shows do not compare!

Anonymous
Anonymous
December 8, 2012 3:24 pm

wendy
wendy
December 8, 2012 12:41 pm

I watch 666 on demand because too many good shows share the 10:00 slot on sunday nights and the other shows don’t run on Demand. I catch up on it on Monday and am so sad to see it cancelled. They should give it another chance or try it in a differant time slot. DVR and on Demand should be considered now in ratings as so many people watch shows on their schedules from many different devices. I think Neilsen needs to adapt to the changes in the way they count the ratings.

Jenn
Jenn
December 8, 2012 10:58 am

I am very disappointed they are canceling this show. It gives me something to watch on Sunday night. Who cares if people DVR the show, they still like the show since they will watch it later.

ami kothari
ami kothari
December 7, 2012 4:54 pm

These days people don’t watch live tv even remotely as much as they used to because of the use of DVR. We should not be punished for using DVR over watching the show live when we don’t have time. It was an awesome show I’m very sad to see it go. A show always deserves a second season.

Emmia
December 5, 2012 1:47 pm

isnt there anything the viewers can do to give this show a fair chance…i just can’t believe the crap these networks actually support on t.v..and give up so easily on shows that have potential to be great…totally disappointed!!!

Melanie
Melanie
November 28, 2012 8:06 pm
ABC definitely needs to pay more attention to DVR numbers. I know a few friends I work with at DISH and I love 666 Park Avenue, but none of us watch it live. We usually get together to watch the show on my DISH Hopper instead. It’s set to auto-record 666 Park Avenue along with the other big four prime time network shows using Primetime Anytime, so I don’t have to remember to set a timer, and my friends and I can get together to watch the show whenever we’re all free. I’m sure a lot of other people use… Read more »
Elliot V.
Elliot V.
December 2, 2012 6:47 pm

Melanie – DVR data is added-in every Tuesday for Sunday programming. It is all factored-in now. However, you are only 1 viewer (household), even if you have 6 friends coming over to watch with you. 🙂

1 2 3 4