BAPs: Lifetime TV Show Cancelled and Pulled

BAPs TV show on Lifetime canceledLifetime has reportedly cancelled their new BAPs TV show after four episodes. Two installments will remain unaired.

A reality show, BAPs follows a group of affluent African-American friends from St. Louis who self-identify as “BAPs” — Black American Princesses and Princes. The show debuted on July 23rd to weak ratings.

Today, the cast received bad news emails from Asylum Entertainment (which produces the show) which reads in part, “I wanted to let you know that Lifetime informed us that they will not be airing the last 2 episodes of BAPS. We’re very sorry it panned out this way. It’s very difficult to build an audience for an ensemble show like this one, but we’re very proud of the show and happy to have had the experience working with you.”

What do you think? Did you watch BAPs? Would you like to see the remaining episodes?

Pat September 17, 2014 at 12:19 am

It needed to be canceled! A bunch of fake ass”so-called” uppercrust black society, trying to be down and at the same time so out of touch with the rest of black society!

Sheril September 16, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I was disappointed the show ended . I am a reality freak and this was really I good one.

adrena daniels September 16, 2014 at 1:29 pm

yes i would like to see the remaining two episodes. this show was not promoted well many people were unware of this show.

Jan September 11, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I like the show

Tishara gardner September 11, 2014 at 5:38 pm

I was looking for the show and it was clearly dropped but it was entertaining and I would’ve enjoyed viewing that last episodes. If this show didn’t get high ratings then it shouldn’t have been aired another season, but to just end the season early was disheartening for those who were watching. I think all tv is for entertaining except for news which should be for awareness of what’s going on in the world and around your community. Reality shows is for simple entertainment, it will not peek the interest of all.

Erica September 11, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I’m glad to see this show cancelled. This show should have never made it to it to television. I’m also highly disappointed in Lifetime for some of the shows that they have been airing. I was disgusted with the show when I saw a “GROWN” woman spit in another woman’s face…very classy for to be someone who is “privileged”….AND THEN BLAME IT ON A RESPIRATORY PROBLEM??? REALLY????!!!!! No ma’am. Have a seat. The network is truly feeding into the “reality show” epidemic. It has to stop somewhere.

amber Harrison September 10, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I was disappointed that the show was canceled. It was very interesting to see such educated yet boudoir people act in such a manner. It definetly caught my family and I interest weekly, would love to see the remainding episodes

krystal arnwine September 10, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I want the show to come back.