Crisis: New TV Show Cancelled by NBC

Crisis TV show canceled on NBCNBC is cleaning house on Sunday nights. They’ll surely cancel American Dream Builders, they’ve cancelled Believe and they’ve also cancelled Crisis as well.

An action/thriller series, Crisis finds out what might happen if the children of powerful people from Washington, DC were to be taken prisoner. The cast includes Dermot Mulroney, Rachael Taylor, Lance Gross, James Lafferty, Max Martini, Michael Beach, Stevie Lynn Jones, Halston Sage, Max Schneider, Joshua Erenberg, and Gillian Anderson.

Unfortunately, this show seemed doomed from the start. It debuted to lackluster ratings and the numbers sank lower and lower each week. At one point, Crisis drew just a 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 3.73 million viewers.

On the upside, it seems likely that NBC will release of the remaining episodes. Eight of the 13 episodes have aired so far.

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Crisis or is one season the right amount? Should it have been cancelled?

Samnowlin@gmail.com Nowlin August 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I don’t understand how mindless reality shows make it on major networks. However, I believe, shows like Crisis appeal to the demographic with the greatest buying power. You might want to rethink this cancellation.

the goddess A August 24, 2014 at 8:26 pm

WTH! I haven’t been so into a TV show for a long time until Crisis and NBC has cancelled it? Depressing!

annette brown August 23, 2014 at 9:24 am

NBC along with the other networks have been cancelling all the decent shows to watch. Instead they are replacing them with idiotic mindless shows.
They need to get with it and take these so-called reality shows shows off altogether. Too bad about Crisis. A really interesting show.

Kim August 22, 2014 at 3:33 pm

What is wrong with NBC?? OMG these are good shows, I was enjoying the new shows. I guess we have to watch crappy shows. NBC made a big mistake cancelling Believe and Crisis.

giemar August 22, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I am very disappointed by the decision. NBC to cancelled this series It was a
a great drama .
Crisis should have season 2

Marian Costea August 22, 2014 at 11:36 am

I am very much disappointed by the decision. NBC find the right time, right adv and produce season 2. The caast is great, the subject is great, lots of action.

Mohamad August 21, 2014 at 7:44 am

very sad it was cancelled!!!

Wendy Lowe August 20, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Crisis was a very good show. I don’t understand why NBC is canceling it. That is crazy

Bernie Miller August 18, 2014 at 1:37 am

8/17/14 I have just learned that Crisis, a TV show that my wife and I have followed from
the beginning, has been canceled. I/we, are extremely disappointed !!!! It was a
drama that was entirely possible, in our minds, and held our attention totally.
As we are, or have been business people our entire lives (rather long lives at that)
we well understand that economics often dictates decisions that are difficult.
However………….. and I say this with all due respect, I/we think you have made
a grave mistake.

David Mitchell August 17, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Excellent show. Great cast. Don’t see why the series was cancelled.

kuda tichi August 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm

nbc are you stupid..crisis should have season 2 its a gr8 series with a lot of action
the poor viewings and ratings are probably due to poor premiering time…