FlashForward: Future’s Not Looking So Good; Will It Be Cancelled or Get a Second Season?

Flash ForwardWhat looked to be one of the biggest hits of the new season, FlashForward, isn’t looking like such a hit any longer. Will the series make it to year two?

FlashForward begins as the world’s population blacks out for 137 seconds and they “flash forward” to see visions of their lives six months in the future. The series’ ensemble cast includes Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Peyton List, Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O’Byrne, Courtney B. Vance, Sonya Walger, and Christine Woods.

The series debuted on September 24th on ABC. The premiere attracted a 4.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 12.47 million viewers. The following week, the number dropped to a very respectable 3.7 and 10.73 million.

For week three, the ratings dropped again to a 3.0 and nine million. Total viewership rose for weeks four and five but the demo remained essentially the same with a 3.1 rating.

On October 29th, FlashForward dropped to a series low of a 2.7 rating and 8.92 million viewers. The sudden drop was understandable because it aired opposite the World Series on FOX. Unfortunately, baseball fans didn’t return last Thursday when there wasn’t a big game. FlashForward’s ratings sank even further to a 2.6 and 8.47 million, barely beating FOX’s Bones for second place.

ABC has already committed to a full season of FlashForward so it’s relatively safe for now. However, if these numbers don’t start going up, the series is far from guaranteed a second season.

What do you think? Do you think the ratings will go back up or will the show burn out in one season? Are you still watching? If so, what could be done better?

pari darya February 14, 2012 at 1:58 am

hi ………please show flash forward…..i like very very very much this serial.

brandon October 13, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Please bring back this show and get rid of all these reality shows

Francine Beyer March 5, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I had eagerly anticipated each new segment in FlashForward – the best new series of its season. I am extremely hopeful that ABC or some network or cable network (SyFy) maybe will bring it back. It had an intriguing storyline and lots of action. If there is a place to write in to bring it back….. let us know! I’ll write my fingers off!

Merle Kougl March 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I have been waiting for Flash Forward to come back. Didn’t realize it had been cancelled. It was a great show with so many questions left to be answered. I am so disappointed. Is there a book? I need to know how it ends!

tina November 17, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I agree, I really enjoyed this show and am very disappointed that it is cancelled. I keep looking on my tv guide channel to see if perhaps they did start a new season- It was my favorite show that year!

Rob-J November 6, 2010 at 9:49 pm

…incidentally, you can go onto abc.com website and enter your comments on line. Just go to the bottom of the page and click contact us. Remember… power in numbers. Thanks.

Rob-J November 6, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I am sooo disappointed that Flash Forward has been cancelled. I admit that I was hooked, looking foward to my weekly fix. It was a great story and the suspense kept each episode exciting. After seeing the comments here, I realize that I am not alone. I will be writing ABC to let them know how I feel. The is power in numbers. Petition ABC to bring back this great show.

Regina October 26, 2010 at 12:44 pm

If you continue to drop show like this without “wrapping up the story” first, no one is going to want to get interested in the “new” shows for fear that this will happen again after they get interested in it.

Bob October 17, 2010 at 2:32 pm

This show is suspensful and exciting. My family looked forward to watching this show every week. Hopefully they will continue to run this great show and eliminate the junk they are running now.

dave October 13, 2010 at 8:00 pm

is this the next Star Trek? Pulled from television although there was a large fan base. Hopefully ABC brings this back.

hamed October 8, 2010 at 10:17 am

hi….please show flash forward….if possible dont cancel show

Colleen October 6, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I’m super sad that this show was cancelled. :( I have been showing people season 1 on Hulu and I have them hooked! I think they should give it another chance. The people I’ve showed are even sad it’s cancelled! I wish I could do more. :/