Flashpoint: TV Show Returning for Season Three on CBS

FlashpointThere’s finally some good news for fans of CBS’s Flashpoint TV show.

Flashpoint follows the work of a group of highly trained police officers called the Strategic Response Unit (SRU). The series stars Enrico Colantoni, David Paetkau, Hugh Dillon, Sergio Di Zio, Michael Cram, Mark Taylor, Ruth Marshall, and Amy Jo Johnson.

After nine months away, the Canada-produced show is finally returning to US primetime. A repeat of a first season episode, “Scorpio,” is scheduled for Saturday, May 29th. Then, new episodes will begin airing on Friday, June 4th. This will be the cop series’ third season on CBS.

Though Flashpoint has been off the schedule for a long time, it seemed a certainty that the program would eventually return. CBS purchased 13 additional episodes of Flashpoint in October 2009. Combined with the nine installments that the network already had on the shelf, CBS is believed to have 22 episodes ready to go.

Airing on both CBS and Canada’s CTV, there’s been no word of plans to order a fourth season as yet.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Flashpoint is finally returning?

Canceled and renewed TV show

200 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Natasha says

I think this show made a BIG MISTAKE by killing of the black guy! That was soooo sad and I cried so much ! I understand good drama and a good tv plot but honestly I think that was so wrong, How he died ! I no longer want to watch the show.

2. I don't like it says

Out of all the characters on the show, why the black guy had to die with no chance of returning. No storyline after just a replacement.

3. SANDY says

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SHOW! I’m in the northwest metro from Mpls. What is the ION channel. Can’t find it yet. I’m missing the best show. Need to find it NOW!

• Kat says

It’s on ION Television now. I just watched the first episode of the new season earlier this week, on Tuesday at 10pm!

4. Beverly banker says

Absolutely love this show do not see it in the fall line up what is wrong with channel 2-
    CBS
    It is ,my favorite show
    Please bring it back

• Kat says

The new season is supposedly coming to ION, starting October 18th, at 10pm in a two hour block (from 10pm to 12am). I’ll be checking to see if it’s for real, you should too, heh.

5. Sandy Nix says

We love your show! But the backround music is so loud that it’s difficult to hear the dialog. Please turn that down so we, and others, can continue to watch this great show .
    Thank you.

6. Sandy Nix says

Love the show!!! But the backround music is much to loud!!! Please change that so I and others can continue to watch. Thank you.