Full House: Revival Series in the Works

Full House TV showGirl Meets World, the continuation of the Boy Meets World sitcom is a success on Disney Channel. Now, it looks like another TGIF series might be revived.

According to TV Guide, Warner Bros. TV is considering reviving Full House, the popular family sitcom that ran from 1987 until 1995 on ABC.

Original castmember John Stamos has an ownership stake in the series and is leading the way. Original executive producer Bob Boyett and creator Jeff Franklin (who’s writing the new version) are also actively involved.

According to the report, Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber are all on board, while Bob Saget and Dave Coulier are involved in some way. There’s been no mention of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen taking part yet.

Castmember Lori Loughlin recently told E! she’s skeptical of reunions. She said, “If it were a really good script and a great project, but sometimes I think that it’s better off to leave those TV shows as they were and not do reunion shows.”

What do you think? Would you be interested in seeing a revival of the Full House series?

Sarah September 20, 2014 at 11:30 am

I really hope they bring Full House back on TV ! I’m only 12 . Born in the 2000’s and people say that things have changed ? Yeah thinks have changed but if I’m as young as I am, and I’ve seen all Full House episodes and I love it ! I was so young so I never did research on why it stopped like that . But now that I know I still think that they should see who they can get on the show and work with that ! I mean if one of the Olsen twins will do it that’ll be good enough . And if neither of them will at least see if they’ll do one episode . Like maybe they’re going off to college or something i dont know . But I REALLY would like to see full house come back !!

Stephanie September 13, 2014 at 8:51 am

Yes! Yes! Yes! and Yes! Bring it on! Being back full house! On tv. Full is my is my fave show ever!!!! I would love to see a brand new remake of the show! That would be so cool!! I think if the people who wrote and created full house all worked together with the cast members of full house I think they can bring it together! and make it happen! Don’t know for sure but am hoping so!am keep my fingers crossed can’t wait for the possible remake! In the works. I will really be excited very excited if they make a remake of full house!

erin August 27, 2014 at 11:20 am

Yes I Would be interested in seeing a revival of the Full House series? i love this show so much and much better then Girl Meets World

MIke August 27, 2014 at 9:30 am

Yes bring back full house it is the best tv show on tv. Bring full house back.

Ric August 27, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Really?? Best show on TV.? Best? Wow!!

Rose August 27, 2014 at 8:50 am

I agree… don’t try to dig up the dead. With what those Hollywood people make, isn’t that incentive enough to think up something NEW & DIFFERENT? And if Saget is in it I don’t watch it. He’s never been funny OR entertaining.

Shaun August 26, 2014 at 11:19 pm

If they want to bring back a show from that era bring back Quantum leap Sam Beckett is bouncing around out there.

nemo f August 26, 2014 at 9:45 pm

BH and GS were flops because they were stupid not funny. In the original BH, the Clampettes were hill folk not stupid. (well except for Jethro )They outwitted Mr. Drysdale and other city slickers on several occasions. In the movie, they were portrayed as stupid cause they came for the hills.

Tundrabeast August 26, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Yes they did make them dumb rather than just back woods ignorant. That’s part of my point. They take old shows and forget that a great deal of the appeal had to do with the times and how people tuned in at the time. Shows from the 60’s that they’ve tried to revise played to an audience that was fairly unsofisticated. I heard once that the coast guard actually got calls weekly asking if they’re searching for the castaways on Gillian’s Island. What could pass as entertainment then is a far cry from what can be passed now. Granted this show was a couple decades later, but things have changed quite a bit since the 80’s and 90’s

Rick August 26, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Why bother ABC? You’ll probably just cancel it mid-season! Sounds like a flop waiting to happen… Sometimes magic cannot be recreated… Let it be! Good God… Is ABC that hard up that it needs to regurgitate old shows just to fill a void in their programming instead of putting effort on newer programs that had promise and were kicked to the curb? Sounds like ABC’s think tank is running on empty!

nemo f August 26, 2014 at 9:41 pm

is ABC that hard up? in a word YES

Tundrabeast August 26, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Once again they’ve ran out of ideas so they’re going to try bringing back the past. What they generally miss is that the success of the shows they’re trying to copy was because of those involved, and because of how the show related to the era.

I was never a fan, but I’m guessing they’d be hard pressed to find a formula that will work. I can think of a couple movies that tanked like the Beverly Hillbillies, and Get Smart. Either there’s a bit of a magic connection that the viewers feel or it’s flat. I doubt they’ll be able to do it….On the other hand there is a lot of bad sit-coms already so who knows

Ric August 26, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Terrible idea. If you watch the show now, you realize it was never that good in the first place. I realize the past stars are not really finding work, except maybe Saget, but why put the viewers through the pain?