Ghost Whisperer: Watch Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Tearful Goodbye to Viewers

Ghost WhispererBy the time Ghost Whisperer was cancelled by CBS, the cast and crew had already wrapped their fifth season so there was no opportunity for them to give the show a true series finale. There was talk about the show possibly moving to ABC but it didn’t work out.

A lot of different sets were used in the production of Ghost Whisperer. Before they were dismantled and destroyed, Jennifer Love Hewitt returned to take fans on a 17 minute tour and to say goodbye.

In the video’s final moments, Hewitt gets emotional while addressing the show’s loyal viewers. She says, “It was an amazing five years. I can not thank you guys enough, from the bottom of my heart — for being so incredibly gracious, for being so loving, for being so accepting of Melinda and all of her craziness, all of her ghosts all of her nightmares, and all of her unfinished business.”

Hewitt continues, “Your love and support has meant everything to the cast and crew of Ghost Whisperer and we will all miss you guys very, very much. And I promise that I will come back to TV to do something really, really fun. Go get our DVDs, think about us, miss us and know how much we all will miss you. (tears up) Much love.” She has to stop at the end, saying “Sorry.” and giving a tiny wave to the camera.

Canceled and renewed TV show

275 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. atina says

Glad to have had the opportunity to see the whole series via Netflix. I love the concepts this program deals with. Special thanks to Mr. Gray.

2. Faith says

This was such a great show! I have watched the series on dvd time and time again. Each storyline had a wonderful message of love and forgiveness and I thought that the love between Melinda and Jim was beautiful.

3. Christine Tucci says

I would like to know if Melinda and Sam had a wedding on tv or did the series jump from her being pregnant to 5 years later, or did I miss some eposodes. In one of the episodes when Aiden was 5 and Jim was a doctor a nurse called him Dr. Clancey????? I’m confused

• Anonymous says

The last episode of one of the seasons.. that’s when Melinda and Sam got married.. it only lasted like 5 minutes ..or last few minutes of that episode. The beginning of the next episode… actually tells you it’s 5 years later.. after she gives birth.. and it’s their son’s birthday, I believe. Sam went back to school and in the 5 years became a doctor because that’s what Jim always wanted to do. Hope this helps.

• Anonymous says

They were planning a big wedding but instead were married by a preacher in the middle of the street.

• Anonymous says

They got married on the street where Jim and Melinda met for the first time. Only Delia and Eli and a preacher were there. (plus many spirits can be seen in the background)