Helix: Season One Ratings

Helix TV show on SyfyThe scientists on Syfy‘s Helix have a tough battle ahead — not unlike a new TV show’s fight for survival. Will this series be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled due to low ratings instead? Stay tuned.

A thriller series, Helix follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to the Arctic and find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle. The cast includes Billy Campbell, Catherine Lemieux, Hiroyuki Sanada, Jordan Hayes, Kyra Zagorsky, Mark Ghanimé, Meegwun Fairbrother, and Neil Napier.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

3/28 update: The show has been renewed for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.39 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Helix TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Justin April 1, 2014 at 11:14 am

This show is great! I am looking forward to season 2!

John March 29, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Okey, I confess. I would probably have liked this show up to around I turned 20 ish something. Now due to having a beard I see it for what it is, junk. Im not crashing on people who like this. Its a gift to be able to find enjoyment at substandard entertainment. Could be connected to my high culture consumption, dont worry, its not about age but how much you are exposed to good shows.

I.Am.Me March 29, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Terrible program. Dreadful script. Wooden acting. Cliched to hell story lines. The fact it has been renewed for a second series only demonstrates just how utterly stupid the human race is.

Duane March 29, 2014 at 12:25 pm

It has been renewed for next year!!!

admin March 29, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Yes, the renewal is noted in an update right above the chart. :)

Shawn March 29, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Helix was renewed for a second season! read here: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/helix-season-two-for-syfy-series-31965/

Kyle de la Creme March 29, 2014 at 10:17 am

I am a single guy who may never take a wife. This doesn’t matter to me anymore, as I have become married to “Helix”, after discovering the show almost by accident several weeks ago. What a great show! I can’t wait for a second season. Thank you SyFy and Ron Moore for sharing your collective genius with the world.

Jerri March 29, 2014 at 7:56 am

I’ve fallen in love with Helix. Please don’t cancel it.

Kate Fredericks March 28, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Helix’s numbers are low because SyFy, in its usual non knowledge of truly great sci fi, did NOTHING to promote it. It appeared one night 13 weeks ago in a line up of new shows at sometime in the middle of the night. I simply stumbled upon it because I always check SyFy for being an addict of their new b-movies on Saturday nights and it happened to be the premiere night I opened up the guide on. It looked interesting so I DVR’d it and watched it several days later. This show is excellent. It is the first smart, exciting, adult SyFy show they have shown since the changeover. Better (imho) than Defiance and Continuum. My husband and I have watched each episode live, something we reserve only for the great shows like The Walkind Dead, Homeland, and Game of Thrones. I have turned many people onto it and they all love it. Thank you SyFy for taking a chance on a great show that will grow as Season one is released and people begin to find it! Five stars for this show and SyFy? DO SOME ADVERTISING!!!

H.J. March 28, 2014 at 7:58 am

I love this show!!
It’s exciting, and full of surprises!!
Please keep it on the air!!

Jenny Sterba March 28, 2014 at 7:55 am

My family watches this show religiously!!!
Can’t wait for tonight’s episode, it’s sure to be an awesome cliffhanger!!

Keep it coming!!

Rebecca Furniss March 28, 2014 at 7:49 am

My son and I have followed this show from the beginning, and it just gets better with each episode!!
PLEASE keep this show on the air, we love it!!!
We will certainly be watching the season 1 cliffhanger tonight!!
Please don’t keep us “hanging” forever!!!
Becky & Ryan

tony March 27, 2014 at 3:31 pm

I think they should definitely make a season 2 dark too many people who like sci-fi type shows like this but isn’t that why its on this channel. I’ll be really upset if they don’t continue to make a second season. And they definitely should because I think its the best sci fi show out since X Files.

Dona March 27, 2014 at 4:02 am

Too many great shows are being axed. One example in Being Human. So annoying when a new and interesting show appears and then it’s gone. You get involved in the characters. I love Helix. I sincerely hope it gets renewed.