Murder in the First: Season One Ratings

Murder in the First TV show on TNT ratingsTNT has had mixed results with their crime dramas. How will Murder in the First do in the ratings? Will this new show be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned to find out.

Created by Steven Bochco and Eric Lodal, Murder in the First follows a pair of San Francisco homicide detectives — Terry English (Taye Diggs) and Hildy Mulligan (Kathleen Robertson) — as they investigate murders that are connected to Silicon Valley wunderkind Erich Blunt (Tom Felton). Others in the cast include Mimi Kirkland, Raphael Sbarge, Ian Anthony Dale, Bess Rous, Nicole Ari Parker, and Steven Weber.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

What do you think? Do you like the Murder in the First series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Duane July 17, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I don’t know why most of you are writing about Longmire here. Yes, it’s a good show but one can watch it at a later time as most cable shows are played 2-3x that night. MO is a good show too! It’s going to be interesting to see who did kill the young lady. I hope they don’t cancel it mid-through.

claudia obermiller July 10, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I used to tape this show, but now I don’t. We watch Longmire and tape it to. I think A&E may not renew Longmire, they treat it terrible . Please let A&E know how much we love Longmire.

Jennifer July 10, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I have to agree with other comments here that this show is slow and I can’t really latch onto any of the characters and care about them. I wanted to like this show but I just can’t. No way can this show stand up to Longmire. You can add me as another to the list of Longmire being a favorite show that I wouldn’t miss for anything. I really can’t believe the driving force behind Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law and NYPD Blue felt this was suitable to attach his name to. It isn’t that the actors themselves are bad. There are some really good actors in this show (James Cromwell, Richard Schiff, Steven Weber, Tom Felton, etc.). The material is extremely poor, though. Even the best actors in the world can’t save material this bad.

I agree snowdogmom, I would MUCH rather see King & Maxwell than Murder in the First. I really enjoyed King & Maxwell and was very disappointed when it was cancelled. Why take off such a good show and replace it with this?

claudia obermiller July 10, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Please everyone let A&E know how much we love Longmire, I am afraid A&E will not renew Longmire, they are treating Longmire shabby I think.
Thank you.

snowdogmom July 10, 2014 at 3:53 pm

This is getting worse ratings than King and Maxwell got last year which it replaced. King and Maxwell was better liked Jon Tenney the quirky guy. Murder in the First has no characters that interest me.

snowdogmom July 10, 2014 at 3:55 pm

meant Jon Tenney AND the quirky guy.

lindamm99 July 8, 2014 at 9:03 am

Is this really the work of Bochco, the same guy who did Hill Street Blues?
Models in heels playing cops, really? This show is an insult to any person who has even an ounce of intelligence. TNT has such great programming, I hope this isn’t a trend.
My senses haven’t been this insulted since Rookie Blue.

Elsy July 2, 2014 at 10:23 am

Yes this show is very boring. I don’t think the cast is right for the show and no one has any kind of chemistry. Very disappointed.

snowdogmom June 28, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Well after being bored with the 1st episode I finally got around to watching episode 2 that I had recorded to give it another try. I just don’t find any of the main characters interesting at all and the story arc is just totally boring and run of the mill. This show has nothing to draw me in at all and I like crime procedurals. Then what sealed it for me to stop recording it was the obvious desperation showed by the production by showing not 1 but 2 women’s naked butts, the murder victims and then the sister-in-law of the detective that just buried his wife when she tries to seduce him after the funeral. Wow classy show and writing, NOT! I’m done. Not worth any more of my time. Worst procedural crime show I’ve seen in a long time!

Anthony July 1, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I have to agree. There’s nothing gripping about this show — it looks like a NYPD Blue knockoff. Sorry, Mr. Bochco, but the formula isn’t working this time.

claudia obermiller June 10, 2014 at 9:27 pm

We watched LONGMIRE on A&E, best show on TV. I do know a lot of people who watched LONGMIRE, but taped this show.
So how fair are the ratings?

snowdogmom June 11, 2014 at 11:26 am

I watched Longmire also, my favorite show so nothing would tempt me to watch anything else at that time. I DVR’d Murder in the First. I like procedurals but they have to have something different since there are so many of them. Murder in the First has NOTHING new or different, basic big city procedural. I was bored. Longmire is so much better. Better acting/characters, better writing, better and different setting, better cinematography, etc..

SkywalkerT June 18, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I watch Longmire too. I started watching the show from the season one to now, bec I love Katee Sackhoff AKA Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica 2004 TV series). I love her & now I love everyone in the show, GREAT SHOW. I’m still not sure about Murder In The First is good or no good yet but watching it because of the maker Steven Bochco. I love my shows on TV & I will watch anything that Vince Gilligan makes, he just amazing creator…

snowdogmom June 10, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Bet they will drop. Gave it a try and I was bored.