Raising Hope: Cancelled, No Season Five

Raising Hope canceledFOX has cancelled their Raising Hope sitcom after four seasons. The one-hour series finale will air on Friday, April 4th.

Here’s their press release:

THE CHANCES HAVE AN Unforgettable BACKYARD SEND-OFF IN A ONE-HOUR SERIES FINALE OF “Raising Hope” FRIDAY, APRIL 4

Critically acclaimed comedy Raising Hope will end its four-season run with a special one-hour farewell event Friday, April 4 (9:00-9:30/9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT). The series finale kicks off with the all-new episode “How I Met Your Mullet” (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT), in which guest star Lesley Nicol (“Downton Abbey”) plays Jimmy (Lucas Neff) and Sabrina’s (Shannon Woodward) new maid. Then, in “The Father Daughter Dance” (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT), Virginia’s (Martha Plimpton) dad (guest star Jeffrey Tambor, “Arrested Development”) returns to Natesville with a big surprise for her and Burt (Garret Dillahunt), including a musical performance by Kenny Loggins (guest-starring as himself).

“On behalf of myself, Greg Garcia and Raising Hope’s amazing cast and crew, I would like to thank our audience for tuning in and supporting us over the last four seasons,” said executive producer Mike Mariano. “We planned our Season Four finale with this possibility in mind, and hope our loyal fans enjoy the way we’ve chosen to say goodbye to the Chances and to Natesville. Thanks again, and we’ll see you in syndication.”

“Getting to know and love the Chance family on Raising Hope has been a sweet, hilarious ride,” said Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment and Joe Earley, Chief Operating Officer, Fox Broadcasting Company. “Thanks to the incredibly talented cast – along with Greg, Mike and the entire crew – for making us laugh for four fantastic seasons.”

Raising Hope, created by Greg Garcia (“The Millers,” “My Name is Earl”) premiered in the fall of 2010. Starring Emmy Award winners Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman, Garret Dillahunt, Lucas Neff, Shannon Woodward and Gregg Binkley, the series follows a lovingly dysfunctional family as they raise an adorable yet unexpected addition to the family – a little girl named Hope (Rylie & Baylie Cregut). In 2011, Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman were both nominated for Primetime Emmy Awards for their leading (Plimpton) and guest (Leachman) roles on the show.

Don’t miss the final five installments, beginning this Friday (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) with the all-new “Dinner With Tropes” episode, featuring guest star Judith Light (“Who’s The Boss?”) as Virginia’s boss.

zWhat do you think? Are you sorry that Raising Hope is ending? Do uou think the network should have ordered a fifth season instead?

Anonymous December 11, 2014 at 5:20 am

i just found out that Raising Hope was cancelled, WTF really WTF. It sucks the way they ended it. Fox is just so…….. Disappointing just so sad.

The biggest fan of raising hope December 7, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Fox had to make an amazing family show that i watched every week with my family it gave us a good family laugh every week and we all loved it and then fox had to go and cancle it well they made me very angry

Derek December 7, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Renew it

Derek December 7, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Make another season

Derek December 7, 2014 at 10:24 pm

When i herd that they canclled the show was so mad at fox and i would love for them to make a season 5

Big fan of raising hope is sad November 18, 2014 at 7:23 pm

This is awful that the canceled the best family comedy I looked forward to seeing what would happen next always made me crack up when having a miserable day instead of great good clean family tv it’s being replaced with crap and reality shows that are just as full of crap bring the raising hope back

Derek December 7, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Yes bring it back

Precious Tate November 8, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I don’t think they should have ended on the fourth season,
I think they should have made more seasons. Cause it
Was I really good show, and it made everyone laugh
and some people could have related to the show.
So I think they should have put it back on!

Anonymous October 31, 2014 at 5:32 am

Another fox screwup cancelling this funny show.

Derek December 7, 2014 at 10:36 pm

A huge screwup and this time im even more angry than last time

Anonymous September 24, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I just found out that raising hope ended in April I can’t believe it with two of the main actress being nominated, the show was Such a breath of fresh air, hysterical and excellent how could you cancel it with such an amazing actors and writers, wrong move and very sad!!

Beachbum June 9, 2014 at 12:02 am

I just read that it was canceled. I watch it most every day on my DVR. APPARENTLY I SAW THE FINAL & DIDN’T EVEN KNOW IT. It was my favorite show. Cloris was/is a blast. When I feel down, I just pull up an old episode of RH & all my cares r lifted. Bummer.

Mic May 13, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I love this show! Fox has done it again. Cancelled another funny show that was awesome and made me laugh. I wish they would stop cancelling all of their funny, family friendly shows! I am at the point of not watching any shows they put out cause if it is good and not full of filth, they will cancel it. Why get invested in any of their shows.

Anonymous April 20, 2014 at 2:39 am

Dude come on you cant just end it like the way you did it totally had like a trillion more questions that wasn’t answered plus there was no commercials or any advertising saying that it was going to be over. The way you ended it make it just look like an ordinary episode and was expecting another episode just the other day and im kinda sad and I tiny bit mad that it just kind of ended with no warning so I think that you should renew it for another season